[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is it too early to say that Perry won the Melo Trade?!?
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

11/27/2017  7:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2017  7:01 AM
Melo's best role is a second option to a Chris Paul led team. He had it right when he wanted to go to the Clippers a few years ago. He would have fit in brilliantly with Paul, DeAndre and their role players at the time (Redick). Clippers never dealt Blake but would have been a good move for both sides at the time (almost 2 years ago).
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/27/2017  9:07 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo's best role is a second option to a Chris Paul led team. He had it right when he wanted to go to the Clippers a few years ago. He would have fit in brilliantly with Paul, DeAndre and their role players at the time (Redick). Clippers never dealt Blake but would have been a good move for both sides at the time (almost 2 years ago).
Yup ive always said Melo fits best and the 2nd or even third guy on a contender.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/27/2017  9:23 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo's best role is a second option to a Chris Paul led team. He had it right when he wanted to go to the Clippers a few years ago. He would have fit in brilliantly with Paul, DeAndre and their role players at the time (Redick). Clippers never dealt Blake but would have been a good move for both sides at the time (almost 2 years ago).
Yup ive always said Melo fits best and the 2nd or even third guy on a contender.

He's 3rd guy now and that's not working out that well
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
11/27/2017  11:06 AM
Melo's best role is scoring off the bench. He can feast on opposing 2nd units, he doesn't have to spend too much energy on defense, and he can ISO to his hearts content for 20-25 min a game. That's his role on a championship team.
Rose is not the answer.
reub
Member: #6227

11/27/2017  12:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:OKC is struggling and Melo had zero assists last night. Stu Jackson said on NBA TV that he should be coming off of the bench.
Yes, we won the trade.
Last night was a really bad loss for them. I check into see how they are doing because Melo was a Knick for so long. One of the blog articles today called the Thunder a bad team after last nights loss. But their right up on Melo was positive. PG had an awful game according to the box scores and articles written about the game. Here is what was said about Melo in the one article that I read,
Melo’s Catch-and-Shoot Third Quarter. Carmelo Anthony had 16 points on 6/12 shooting — going 4/7 from downtown in the process. He was just kind of there for most of the night, but had a great streak in the third quarter that looked like it might spark something for OKC. He shot 3/4 from deep in the third, all of which came in catch-and-shoot situations. Funny how that works.

http://dailythunder.com/mavericks-embarrass-helpless-thunder-97-81/
There is definitely a growing frustation from the media covering the team.

I was looking at the box score this mourning and saw that Melo and Adams only played like 26 & 27 mins. While Russ and George played like 38-39. Don't think either was in foul trouble either. Found that strange.

I know what must have happened there. Phil Jackson must be secretly running the Thunder now. That's the only possible explanation for why Melo didn't play much because we all know how great he is.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2017  12:50 PM
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/11/27/16702738/nba-russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-problem
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/27/2017  4:37 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I meant 3-4 years ago
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/27/2017  5:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I meant 3-4 years ago

Fair enough but his production doesn't look different from 3 to 4 years ago.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/18/2018  10:34 AM
Seeing has how the love affair seems to be dying down with the returning players and the Knicks have been brought back to Earth, I'm curious to know if some still think the Knicks came off like bandits in this trade.

I like Kanter but not the contract and I hope McDermott sticks around as a bench player (which is all he is) so I think the Knicks did "ok".

This may not be the proper thread to pose this question but seeing as how the Knicks are playing now (much of the same as past years, imo) do we still blame Melo for past performances?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/18/2018  10:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2018  10:40 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:Seeing has how the love affair seems to be dying down with the returning players and the Knicks have been brought back to Earth, I'm curious to know if some still think the Knicks came off like bandits in this trade.

I like Kanter but not the contract and I hope McDermott sticks around as a bench player (which is all he is) so I think the Knicks did "ok".

This may not be the proper thread to pose this question but seeing as how the Knicks are playing now (much of the same as past years, imo) do we still blame Melo for past performances?

Dont believe Kanter is being used properly. On the chance he was traded, we would get a nice haul IMO. Could be a big help for a playoff team. Like Mozgov did his part as a role player for the Cavs.

McD is healthy, has playoff experience, and would play better with a top PG, Im guessing.

Both players are on expiring deals, can contribute to a playoff push. Considering Melo's NTC (thanks again Phil) Perry did a very good job IMO.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/18/2018  11:06 AM
Melo is looking pretty, pretty good of late
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
1/18/2018  11:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:Seeing has how the love affair seems to be dying down with the returning players and the Knicks have been brought back to Earth, I'm curious to know if some still think the Knicks came off like bandits in this trade.

Dont believe Kanter is being used properly. On the chance he was traded, we would get a nice haul IMO. Could be a big help for a playoff team. Like Mozgov did his part as a role player for the Cavs.

McD is healthy, has playoff experience, and would play better with a top PG, Im guessing.

Both players are on expiring deals, can contribute to a playoff push. Considering Melo's NTC (thanks again Phil) Perry did a very good job IMO.

agree. At worst we get stop gap players that help short term. Maybe they yield some assets in trades. Maybe they become contributing long term pieces.

Its easy to love Kanter but I think he's got the most trade value. We will see what the market yields. I would expect the Knicks to be selling and they seem to have some movable parts. Lets see. Regardless we did well to move on from Melo. Its nice he's happy playing BB again in his "new role." That was never going to happen in NY. Never.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/18/2018  11:52 AM
Anything more than the zero we would have gotten if Melo walked a few years ago as a free agent is a small bonus.
At one time Phil thought to buy him out.
Objectively Kanter has been great but if we can trade him even better.
Dougie is a good bench guy. Nothing more.
We were never going to "Win" this trade as Melo even at age 33 is dangerous when paired with MVP Westbrook and all star Paul George.
We win because it was time to get on with life without him. OKC wins as they make a contending run.
Melo walks without his NTC and we get Zero. With it, we get poor value in return but really the 2nd round pick, Kanter and Dougie McBuckets is better than nothing.
is it possible everyone won?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
1/18/2018  1:27 PM
Nalod wrote:Anything more than the zero we would have gotten if Melo walked a few years ago as a free agent is a small bonus.
At one time Phil thought to buy him out.
Objectively Kanter has been great but if we can trade him even better.
Dougie is a good bench guy. Nothing more.
We were never going to "Win" this trade as Melo even at age 33 is dangerous when paired with MVP Westbrook and all star Paul George.
We win because it was time to get on with life without him. OKC wins as they make a contending run.
Melo walks without his NTC and we get Zero. With it, we get poor value in return but really the 2nd round pick, Kanter and Dougie McBuckets is better than nothing.
is it possible everyone won?

+1
Westbrook has an off night and is driving and dishing to Mr. Catch and Shoot. And are those effing Melo dunk highlights I notice occasionally? Good for him. Still pity the man for having to go from MSG to Midwest College Town of the Century, but hey, he's still getting paid -- Paul George is playing like a beast and defending like only fishmike wished Melo would even think about doing -- OKC wins.

KP is now the main man and Phil is gone. We got trade-able flotsam and maybe Perry pulls a sleeper out of the second round and we didn't have to dump a 1st rounder to get someone to take Melo -- We win.

Indiana has got one of the top 10 new talents in the league in Oladipo, and they have a better record in the East than us and have moved on to a new era -- Indy wins.

Is it too early to say that Perry won the Melo Trade?!?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy