Is kanter the new oak for these knicks
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/28/2017  4:51 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
“I told — I’m not going to tell who — I told somebody, ‘Hey man, go out there and fight with somebody. Get the energy up.’ No, I’m serious,” Kanter said after the Knicks fell to the Trail Blazers 103-91 at the Garden. “Go out there and just hit somebody or fight with somebody, get a technical foul, I’ll pay for the fine, I don’t care. Just go out there and do your thing. We needed that energy, we needed that fight.

“… I told two guys to just go fight.”

If willy had this kind of attitude, he would be much more productive. I know they are trying to develop this kid, but I just think it needs to be garbage minutes.

Kanter's style is to talk really tough. I'm OK with that. I don't have a problem with it. But it doesn't give me a hard on either. It's not the kind of comments guys like Curry and Durant give the media.

that's simply because, (in the business world)they would be consider white collard players/super talented. We have a blue collar bunch that needs a grimy/scrappy/tough mentality, like JH stated from day 1, our guys are not bless with shooting strokes the bedevil opponents.

We don't have a point guard like a Kidd/nash/Stockton, that can make the most average player shoot lights out from being set up perfectly for an easy buckets.

ES
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/28/2017  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2017  5:02 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
PresIke wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
PresIke wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Yeah, the 'princess" remark is not 2017 correct and I wouldn't say it but...he said it to Lebron. Ha!

I was thinking too about the Oak comparison. Different skill sets but I agree with the the initial post. Thinking about how Oakley really gave that great Knick group its identity when he was traded here. And when is the last time we have had guys step up like that? Rasheed and those cats maybe, but certainly not Carmelo. Can you imagine him sticking up to his freaking pal? I'm so sick of Lebron and other stars coming in and having their way and the crowd cheering them. Last night, though a tough loss, feels like a step in the right direction.

And he is someone taking a hard political stand in his home country. And he's averaging like 14 points and 11 rebounds in 25 mins. Not the perfect player I understand. But I want him on my team.

It is not abut 2017 correct, as I would have felt this way for years, and I'm pretty darn sure that other people who never said anything out of fear of backlash, especially in male dominant areas, like a sport talk forum, have felt this way before. I can tell you I have, and not just on here. I am also sure I can go back in time and find me commenting on similar statements in the past I found disagreeable and disrespectful to one group or another.

Y'all do see the Forum Po Po label in my sig...no

For the record, I support you speaking up about a remark that can be construed as sexist. On another board I have been a lone fighter taking exception with getting "raped" in trades, racism in any form, and the fratboy use of homophobic slurs (nonstop). I agree that labeling someone as "politically correct" is a lazy defense/attack. I'll just add that what is needed is sensitivity, and that includes the sensitivity in assessing how one's own worldview and perhaps arrogance complicates objectivity in assessing what is right or wrong. And there are lots of fine lines these days where the satire of a Stephen Colbert for instance gets a blanket damning as racism. Insensitive maybe, racist, no. And then you just have boneheads without a clue.

This is not aimed at you btw. Again, I support you speaking up.

Oh, and I really like Kanter!

Appreciate your response and generally agree.

I'd add empathy and self-awareness to this request of us all, and that even goes for so called "lefties" too, which includes me.

If someone or a group is used to something being a certain way it can be frustrating and difficult to adapt to changes that one is not accustomed to and don't make sense from one's point of view. However, if we make the effort to self-reflect, and try to think how our actions or words might affect others -- something adults have little trouble with demanding from children all of the time -- then we'd all be a lot better off.

Indeed.

I was discussing "Game of Thrones" with a female friend recently, and she remarked she didn't care for all the raping that goes on in it. I said that I get that, but that is part of war. She told me that's what all the guys say to her when she mentioned that. My point wasn't incorrect, and I still enjoy Game of Thrones, but I was given a lesson on how I can't see through a woman's eyes. Like I can't as a white man know what it's like to live as an African American in this country. Or what a gay person who has grown up being bullied feels reading people throwing "homo" around here. And so on. And I need to take that into account when I speak. All down the line.

This is about respect to any human being. Seeing human being first and all the rest unimportant things after.
Society just gets more humanitarian and many things normal in the past became unacceptable.
It is useless to apply morals of 21 century to 20th century, to Civil War era in US, or middle ages in Britain (which Game of Thrones picturing).
It was a lot of humanitarian in any age who treated all people with respect but our days it is becoming a norm not rarity.
And for people who stuck in the past we should have some compassion. The rules of the game changed and blaming people to playing by the rules of another era back then is not fair too.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/28/2017  6:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
“I told — I’m not going to tell who — I told somebody, ‘Hey man, go out there and fight with somebody. Get the energy up.’ No, I’m serious,” Kanter said after the Knicks fell to the Trail Blazers 103-91 at the Garden. “Go out there and just hit somebody or fight with somebody, get a technical foul, I’ll pay for the fine, I don’t care. Just go out there and do your thing. We needed that energy, we needed that fight.

“… I told two guys to just go fight.”

If willy had this kind of attitude, he would be much more productive. I know they are trying to develop this kid, but I just think it needs to be garbage minutes.

Kanter's style is to talk really tough. I'm OK with that. I don't have a problem with it. But it doesn't give me a hard on either. It's not the kind of comments guys like Curry and Durant give the media.

that's simply because, (in the business world)they would be consider white collard players/super talented. We have a blue collar bunch that needs a grimy/scrappy/tough mentality, like JH stated from day 1, our guys are not bless with shooting strokes the bedevil opponents.

We don't have a point guard like a Kidd/nash/Stockton, that can make the most average player shoot lights out from being set up perfectly for an easy buckets.

Obviously people would laugh if Curry tried to talk tough. Kanter by nature is a banger and like Oakley brings that disposition to this team. It’s a necessary element for teams have IMO.

Is kanter the new oak for these knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy