[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is kanter the new oak for these knicks
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2017  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  2:32 PM
PhilinLA wrote:The production we are getting between Kanter and KOQ at the 5 is a huge reason that we're over .500.

I agree. I really think O'Quinn should be dealt soon why his stock is up. He has done this before. I like him a lot, but he tends to look great some time, but can be inconsistent. Willy is still part of the future and will eventually see the backup center minutes, with Noah serving as a situational reserve. O'Quinn is probably out eventually, but there is no need to rush that as long as he keeps playing well. Kanter has cemented himself as part of the core that the front office has prided itself in. KP, Kanter, Hardaway, Ntilikina, and Willy. (I think Baker is probably left out at this point.)

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/15/2017  2:46 PM
Knixkik wrote:
PhilinLA wrote:The production we are getting between Kanter and KOQ at the 5 is a huge reason that we're over .500.

I agree. I really think O'Quinn should be dealt soon why his stock is up. He has done this before. I like him a lot, but he tends to look great some time, but can be inconsistent. Willy is still part of the future and will eventually see the backup center minutes, with Noah serving as a situational reserve. O'Quinn is probably out eventually, but there is no need to rush that as long as he keeps playing well. Kanter has cemented himself as part of the core that the front office has prided itself in. KP, Kanter, Hardaway, Ntilikina, and Willy. (I think Baker is probably left out at this point.)

I seriously doubt willy will ever convert to starter level. In the few minutes he has played, he looks like a 12th man on a bad team. So to me he would be the 1st guy I would consider trading, he's just too soft, and thats never going to change.

It's like looking at Bargiani in his 2nd season, and thinking he would get tougher and better as the yrs go by, but he never did.

KOQ is inconsistent, but he's been more consistent than last yr, and he has a NY state of mind.

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/15/2017  2:55 PM
Maybe Kanter should have just told LeBron to suck his dick. He's allowing him to still be king and isn't being sexist.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
11/15/2017  2:57 PM
EnySpree wrote:Maybe Kanter should have just told LeBron to suck his dick. He's allowing him to still be king and isn't being sexist.

you may need to say, "no homo" after that comment..lol

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/15/2017  3:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Maybe Kanter should have just told LeBron to suck his dick. He's allowing him to still be king and isn't being sexist.

No you can't say no homo cuz then that's being homophobic.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/15/2017  3:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I seriously doubt willy will ever convert to starter level. In the few minutes he has played, he looks like a 12th man on a bad team. So to me he would be the 1st guy I would consider trading, he's just too soft, and thats never going to change.

It's like looking at Bargiani in his 2nd season, and thinking he would get tougher and better as the yrs go by, but he never did.

KOQ is inconsistent, but he's been more consistent than last yr, and he has a NY state of mind.

I don't expect Willy to become a starter. Kanter is the starter for the long-term hopefully. But i can see Willy becoming a good backup center who you can run some offense thru in the second unit because of his scoring and passing ability out of the post.

knicks1248
11/15/2017  4:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

No you can't say no homo cuz then that's being homophobic.

you right, you get arrested now-a-days for that sht

ES
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2017  4:46 PM
Knixkik wrote:

KOQ is critical to our success. He's been as consistent as anyone could be with crazy changes in playing time. There's no way for a player to put up consistent production when they're sometimes on the court for only 8 min in a game. Everyone has bad 8 min stretches.

BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/15/2017  5:12 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

KOQ is critical to our success. He's been as consistent as anyone could be with crazy changes in playing time. There's no way for a player to put up consistent production when they're sometimes on the court for only 8 min in a game. Everyone has bad 8 min stretches.

What success? This year? Who cares. I care about long term success. We have younger, cheaper talent to replace him with. The Dodgers are a perfect example of trading someone , getting something in return and then replace him with younger talent. Lakers also always did this. KOQ is going to be a FA. No reason to pay him what he is going to get in the open market. Personally I think KOQ is fools gold. He will look great on occasion but can't do it consistently and comes up short against good teams. Besides the boneheaded plays he makes every game. still hasn't learned how to set a pick without fouling.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/15/2017  5:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  5:18 PM
PresIke wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Yeah, the 'princess" remark is not 2017 correct and I wouldn't say it but...he said it to Lebron. Ha!

I was thinking too about the Oak comparison. Different skill sets but I agree with the the initial post. Thinking about how Oakley really gave that great Knick group its identity when he was traded here. And when is the last time we have had guys step up like that? Rasheed and those cats maybe, but certainly not Carmelo. Can you imagine him sticking up to his freaking pal? I'm so sick of Lebron and other stars coming in and having their way and the crowd cheering them. Last night, though a tough loss, feels like a step in the right direction.

And he is someone taking a hard political stand in his home country. And he's averaging like 14 points and 11 rebounds in 25 mins. Not the perfect player I understand. But I want him on my team.

It is not abut 2017 correct, as I would have felt this way for years, and I'm pretty darn sure that other people who never said anything out of fear of backlash, especially in male dominant areas, like a sport talk forum, have felt this way before. I can tell you I have, and not just on here. I am also sure I can go back in time and find me commenting on similar statements in the past I found disagreeable and disrespectful to one group or another.

Y'all do see the Forum Po Po label in my sig...no

For the record, I support you speaking up about a remark that can be construed as sexist. On another board I have been a lone fighter taking exception with getting "raped" in trades, racism in any form, and the fratboy use of homophobic slurs (nonstop). I agree that labeling someone as "politically correct" is a lazy defense/attack. I'll just add that what is needed is sensitivity, and that includes the sensitivity in assessing how one's own worldview and perhaps arrogance complicates objectivity in assessing what is right or wrong. And there are lots of fine lines these days where the satire of a Stephen Colbert for instance gets a blanket damning as racism. Insensitive maybe, racist, no. And then you just have boneheads without a clue.

This is not aimed at you btw. Again, I support you speaking up.

Oh, and I really like Kanter!

Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2017  5:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  5:20 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

What success? This year? Who cares. I care about long term success. We have younger, cheaper talent to replace him with. The Dodgers are a perfect example of trading someone , getting something in return and then replace him with younger talent. Lakers also always did this. KOQ is going to be a FA. No reason to pay him what he is going to get in the open market. Personally I think KOQ is fools gold. He will look great on occasion but can't do it consistently and comes up short against good teams. Besides the boneheaded plays he makes every game. still hasn't learned how to set a pick without fouling.

Critical to success both now and later. He's our 2nd best player in terms of on/off #s. I think he puts up around 12 to 14 points, 12 to 14 rbs, 2 or 3 blocks a game as a starter (basically all-star #s). We don't have anyone close to that to replace him. It's early but at this point, I'd rather lose Kanter. The team has been playing so much better with him off the court anyway.
BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/15/2017  5:24 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Critical to success both now and later. He's our 2nd best player in terms of on/off #s. I think he puts up around 12 to 14 points, 12 to 14 rbs, 2 or 3 blocks a game as a starter (basically all-star #s). We don't have anyone close to that to replace him. It's early but at this point, I'd rather lose Kanter. The team has been playing so much better with him off the court anyway.

Watch the games. Get your head out of the stats. KOQ is NOT a starting center in this league. Not now, never. Fools gold.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2017  5:25 PM
Is calling somebody queen or princess really sexist? I have 2 boys and 2 girls. All of them athletic and plays competitive ball in their respective sport. To them queen or princess is not a slight that you are a female but rather a person who is entitled and does not want to do the dirty work.
Bonn1997
USA
11/15/2017  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  5:59 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Watch the games. Get your head out of the stats. KOQ is NOT a starting center in this league. Not now, never. Fools gold.

I do watch man. Watch the scoreboard too when he comes in and leaves. He's a good scorer, passer, defender. He's a top 10 starter buried on the bench.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/15/2017  7:40 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Is calling somebody queen or princess really sexist? I have 2 boys and 2 girls. All of them athletic and plays competitive ball in their respective sport. To them queen or princess is not a slight that you are a female but rather a person who is entitled and does not want to do the dirty work.

I responded to this argument earlier as it is similar to using the word "gay" to call someone stupid, which I have more than a few conversations with friends of mine about over the years who argue this point.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
USA
11/15/2017  7:53 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
PresIke wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Yeah, the 'princess" remark is not 2017 correct and I wouldn't say it but...he said it to Lebron. Ha!

I was thinking too about the Oak comparison. Different skill sets but I agree with the the initial post. Thinking about how Oakley really gave that great Knick group its identity when he was traded here. And when is the last time we have had guys step up like that? Rasheed and those cats maybe, but certainly not Carmelo. Can you imagine him sticking up to his freaking pal? I'm so sick of Lebron and other stars coming in and having their way and the crowd cheering them. Last night, though a tough loss, feels like a step in the right direction.

And he is someone taking a hard political stand in his home country. And he's averaging like 14 points and 11 rebounds in 25 mins. Not the perfect player I understand. But I want him on my team.

It is not abut 2017 correct, as I would have felt this way for years, and I'm pretty darn sure that other people who never said anything out of fear of backlash, especially in male dominant areas, like a sport talk forum, have felt this way before. I can tell you I have, and not just on here. I am also sure I can go back in time and find me commenting on similar statements in the past I found disagreeable and disrespectful to one group or another.

For the record, I support you speaking up about a remark that can be construed as sexist. On another board I have been a lone fighter taking exception with getting "raped" in trades, racism in any form, and the fratboy use of homophobic slurs (nonstop). I agree that labeling someone as "politically correct" is a lazy defense/attack. I'll just add that what is needed is sensitivity, and that includes the sensitivity in assessing how one's own worldview and perhaps arrogance complicates objectivity in assessing what is right or wrong. And there are lots of fine lines these days where the satire of a Stephen Colbert for instance gets a blanket damning as racism. Insensitive maybe, racist, no. And then you just have boneheads without a clue.

Appreciate your response and generally agree.

I'd add empathy and self-awareness to this request of us all, and that even goes for so called "lefties" too, which includes me.

If someone or a group is used to something being a certain way it can be frustrating and difficult to adapt to changes that one is not accustomed to and don't make sense from one's point of view. However, if we make the effort to self-reflect, and try to think how our actions or words might affect others -- something adults have little trouble with demanding from children all of the time -- then we'd all be a lot better off.

PresIke
USA
11/15/2017  8:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  8:04 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
PresIke wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

This board is fast becoming a repository for politically correct millennials.

Excuse me, but with all due respect, don't ever talk about me like this because you way off base in your assessment of who I am.

Maybe you should check yourself before you wreck yourself next time, bro.

Check your facts first, then I'd be glad to have a convo.

Wreck myself? Bro?? LOL
I didn't even quote your post, maybe you should check what you are responding to?
You either defend political correctness or you don't, is this a nuanced and complicated issue?

Respect...how so?

You said:

This board is fast becoming a repository for politically correct millennials.

So, I responded to this comment as what you did was what young folks call "throwing subs" as it was clearly meant to be directed at me, and whoever else you felt fell into this category. Are you trying to suggest it was something else? That's impossible because I was the one to bring up the issue you clearly labeled as "politically correct."

I told you how you were wrong in your assertion, as just for starters, I'm not a millennial, but that in itself shows how foolish that comment is. You then said:

You either defend political correctness or you don't, is this a nuanced and complicated issue?

Not if you call whatever it is you label "political correctness" something entirely different.

I actually explained my beef with that term in a different post here, but basically I challenge your assertion as the argument because the definition of the term you are using is flimsy and mostly empty talk that comes from those who seem to be generally less informed about what is behind those who are bothered by certain language and behavior.

Hey, in the 1950's it was "okay" (according to straight men) to sexually harass women in the workplace and have to face little consequences with their job. I guess all those folks that stopped that were being "politically correct?" See the problem with this line of reasoning? It reeks of angry male backlash trying to cling onto the past ways that didn't require us to think about consequences for behavior we seem to make everyone else or expect to be held accountable for.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

11/15/2017  10:27 PM
PresIke wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Appreciate your response and generally agree.

I'd add empathy and self-awareness to this request of us all, and that even goes for so called "lefties" too, which includes me.

If someone or a group is used to something being a certain way it can be frustrating and difficult to adapt to changes that one is not accustomed to and don't make sense from one's point of view. However, if we make the effort to self-reflect, and try to think how our actions or words might affect others -- something adults have little trouble with demanding from children all of the time -- then we'd all be a lot better off.

Indeed.

I was discussing "Game of Thrones" with a female friend recently, and she remarked she didn't care for all the raping that goes on in it. I said that I get that, but that is part of war. She told me that's what all the guys say to her when she mentioned that. My point wasn't incorrect, and I still enjoy Game of Thrones, but I was given a lesson on how I can't see through a woman's eyes. Like I can't as a white man know what it's like to live as an African American in this country. Or what a gay person who has grown up being bullied feels reading people throwing "homo" around here. And so on. And I need to take that into account when I speak. All down the line.

knicks1248
11/28/2017  12:09 PM
“I told — I’m not going to tell who — I told somebody, ‘Hey man, go out there and fight with somebody. Get the energy up.’ No, I’m serious,” Kanter said after the Knicks fell to the Trail Blazers 103-91 at the Garden. “Go out there and just hit somebody or fight with somebody, get a technical foul, I’ll pay for the fine, I don’t care. Just go out there and do your thing. We needed that energy, we needed that fight.

“… I told two guys to just go fight.”

If willy had this kind of attitude, he would be much more productive. I know they are trying to develop this kid, but I just think it needs to be garbage minutes.

ES
Bonn1997
USA
11/28/2017  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2017  4:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
“I told — I’m not going to tell who — I told somebody, ‘Hey man, go out there and fight with somebody. Get the energy up.’ No, I’m serious,” Kanter said after the Knicks fell to the Trail Blazers 103-91 at the Garden. “Go out there and just hit somebody or fight with somebody, get a technical foul, I’ll pay for the fine, I don’t care. Just go out there and do your thing. We needed that energy, we needed that fight.

“… I told two guys to just go fight.”

If willy had this kind of attitude, he would be much more productive. I know they are trying to develop this kid, but I just think it needs to be garbage minutes.

Kanter's style is to talk really tough. I'm OK with that. I don't have a problem with it but I'm not gonna give him points for it either. It's not the kind of comments guys like Curry and Durant give the media.
Is kanter the new oak for these knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy