[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Your Perfect Line-up around KP/Frank
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/14/2017  2:35 PM
We know they are the future. Who are your perfect starting 5 with them included, and not just naming other star players. Players who truly compliment them. For arguments sake, no rookies, players with at least 2 all-star appearances, or players who you reasonably think will be all-stars this season.

C Kanter (i love his fit with KP and i'm riding with him)
F Porzingis
F Middleton (shooter, defender, good ball-mover, still young)
G A Bradley (elite defender who would be awesome paired with Frank, also good outside shooter)
G Ntilikina

Who are your choices to build around these 2?

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2017  3:21 PM
Its funny... when I think of "types" I want next to them I would like a long 3 who can shoot and lock it down. Ariza and Tayshaun Prince come to mind. When I think of NBA players the two the come to mind are Middleton and Bradly. I think these are the guys we should be looking to draft though. Pay to keep them sure, but paying to get them is too pricey and we would lose too much in maneuvering the roster to make it work.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
11/14/2017  4:13 PM
fishmike wrote:Its funny... when I think of "types" I want next to them I would like a long 3 who can shoot and lock it down. Ariza and Tayshaun Prince come to mind. When I think of NBA players the two the come to mind are Middleton and Bradly. I think these are the guys we should be looking to draft though. Pay to keep them sure, but paying to get them is too pricey and we would lose too much in maneuvering the roster to make it work.

I think you can 'cash in' for a player like Bradley or Middleton if you are far enough along where it feels like they are the "missing piece." But i agree, build thru the draft first.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2017  4:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:Its funny... when I think of "types" I want next to them I would like a long 3 who can shoot and lock it down. Ariza and Tayshaun Prince come to mind. When I think of NBA players the two the come to mind are Middleton and Bradly. I think these are the guys we should be looking to draft though. Pay to keep them sure, but paying to get them is too pricey and we would lose too much in maneuvering the roster to make it work.

I think you can 'cash in' for a player like Bradley or Middleton if you are far enough along where it feels like they are the "missing piece." But i agree, build thru the draft first.

and we arent. We are still building a basic roster. Which is why I dont have a problem with a guy like THjr. Its middle tier money for what is probably a middle tier player. We need good players at every position and this year we are much closer to that. We are average at the 2-3. However, especially on defense thats a big uptick from last year. THjr/Lee/McD/Lance have been ok sharing the minutes at the 2/3. We are killing it at the 4/5. Obviously that is the strength of the team right now. We are getting killed at PG. Jack has been a nice distributor and gets some baskets in the flow. Obviously I am a Frank homer at this point but he brings nothing to the scoring table aside from setting up others. Thats nice, but you need some offense from that spot. It will come in time, but its not there now.

So for me its just enjoy the good play, enjoy the process. Its almost uncharted territory. We had a reasonably good reasonably young team with Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov, Amare. Should have just stuck that core, kept our picks and worked to keep building through the draft.

It looks like that is the plan now. They clearly want to be young. So far so good. Based on who we have been bringing in and how we are trying to play and do now that the agendas from last year have been purged I can be very patient with this whole process.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnixinSix
Member: #5626

11/14/2017  5:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:We know they are the future. Who are your perfect starting 5 with them included, and not just naming other star players. Players who truly compliment them. For arguments sake, no rookies, players with at least 2 all-star appearances, or players who you reasonably think will be all-stars this season.

F Porzingis
G A Bradley (elite defender who would be awesome paired with Frank, also good outside shooter)
G Ntilikina

Heres the problem. With the Super-teams around now, you are simply not beating them with that lineup. Do we want a team that makes the playoffs and gets ousted 1st or 2nd round each year and gets a low pick to boot? Either totally tank (and we can't with the current team it's too good) or go for the championship.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/14/2017  5:22 PM
Knixkik wrote:We know they are the future. Who are your perfect starting 5 with them included, and not just naming other star players. Players who truly compliment them. For arguments sake, no rookies, players with at least 2 all-star appearances, or players who you reasonably think will be all-stars this season.

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

I like this.

C Clint Capella
F Porzingis
F Robert Covington
G Dotson
G Ntilikina

Capella can't shoot outside of 6' but he can rebound and play defense and is bouncier and quicker than Kanter (although I am starting to love the dude).

Covington an UFA next year but I think I read that Philly is already in works to resign him and give him a salary boost THIS YEAR cause they under the cap like mad. Dude defends, rebounds and finally worked on his shot. About to turn 27 in Dec.

And yeah Dotson is a stretch but I think Knicks hit gold here ans who is behind 2 other guys just waiting his turn. Legit SG size with a pure shot who defends and rebounds and knows team defense and who works within the offense.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/14/2017  6:06 PM
How much better are those line ups compared to our current lineup?

I like the idea of having a 6'8" small fwd that plays like Courtney Lee. Everyone loves Avery Bradley.

THJr is giving us 17pts a game... he's playing pretty good for us. Lee is playing fantastic for us too.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
11/14/2017  6:31 PM
KnixinSix wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

Heres the problem. With the Super-teams around now, you are simply not beating them with that lineup. Do we want a team that makes the playoffs and gets ousted 1st or 2nd round each year and gets a low pick to boot? Either totally tank (and we can't with the current team it's too good) or go for the championship.

But after this current batch of superteams, what's left ? LeBron and friends brought that concept into focus but it could go away with this generation of players. The new generation of young talent strikes me as a more loyal and competitive group. More 90s oriented. With these European stars, they don't have that same aau mentality. Time will tell.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2017  7:33 PM
martin wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

I like this.

C Clint Capella
F Porzingis
F Robert Covington
G Dotson
G Ntilikina

Capella can't shoot outside of 6' but he can rebound and play defense and is bouncier and quicker than Kanter (although I am starting to love the dude).

Covington an UFA next year but I think I read that Philly is already in works to resign him and give him a salary boost THIS YEAR cause they under the cap like mad. Dude defends, rebounds and finally worked on his shot. About to turn 27 in Dec.

And yeah Dotson is a stretch but I think Knicks hit gold here ans who is behind 2 other guys just waiting his turn. Legit SG size with a pure shot who defends and rebounds and knows team defense and who works within the offense.

I like this one Martin. I was thinking about a Capella type next to KP after watching him play. Love Convington and Dotson. That looks like a great 2Way lineup.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/14/2017  7:48 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

I like this.

C Clint Capella
F Porzingis
F Robert Covington
G Dotson
G Ntilikina

I like this one Martin. I was thinking about a Capella type next to KP after watching him play. Love Convington and Dotson. That looks like a great 2Way lineup.

Myles T over CC

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2017  7:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:How much better are those line ups compared to our current lineup?

I like the idea of having a 6'8" small fwd that plays like Courtney Lee. Everyone loves Avery Bradley.

THJr is giving us 17pts a game... he's playing pretty good for us. Lee is playing fantastic for us too.

I agree. This team isn't winning a championship but they have a lot of fight in them and will be fun to watch.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/14/2017  7:52 PM
I still think we need a change-of-pace point guard that can get to the hole to open it up for shooters, especially since we have bona fide finishers around the rim like kp/kanter/THJ.
ES
Knixkik
USA
11/14/2017  8:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

I like this.

C Clint Capella
F Porzingis
F Robert Covington
G Dotson
G Ntilikina

Myles T over CC

I agree about Myles. I sort of put him in that future star category so i didn't pick him. But that being said, do we really think Capella or Turner would be clear cut better options next to KP than kanter ? I think the upgrade would be very small. Obviously defensively yes, but offensively kanter has been as good as it gets.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/14/2017  9:39 PM
I think we need a 3 that can do what Lance Thomas does, with a higher skill level.

Kanter
Porzingis
Hardaway
Ntilikina

Rest is just growing as a team, evolving and developing better understanding of how to win games.

This is assuming Frank becomes as good as we think he may be. Lots of work needed, but say he can become a 15 points, 7 assists a night point guard, I think all we really need is a wing that can do what Lance Thomas does but with a better game on offense.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/14/2017  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  9:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I still think we need a change-of-pace point guard that can get to the hole to open it up for shooters, especially since we have bona fide finishers around the rim like kp/kanter/THJ.

Facts.... I think Frank is going to eventually phase Jack out. We have to be ready to pounce on anyone that comes available. That could be Trey Burke. Who knows? Help is going to come when we really need it. I feel we have caught the wave... good things are on the way

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
11/14/2017  10:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  10:08 PM
Kanter
Zinger
Paul George
Mario Hezonja
Ntilikina

Hezonja would do better here than in Orlando. He has all the talent. Hornacek would get the most out of him. He looks up to KP. Literally. 6'8 SG would keep with the plan.

Paul George is likely a Laker or Thunder. I'm not sold on paying him, but if we are turning things around quickly, he is probably BPA at SF. Doncic would fit also :)

This is the Randle.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/14/2017  10:30 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

I like this.

C Clint Capella
F Porzingis
F Robert Covington
G Dotson
G Ntilikina

Myles T over CC

I agree about Myles. I sort of put him in that future star category so i didn't pick him. But that being said, do we really think Capella or Turner would be clear cut better options next to KP than kanter ? I think the upgrade would be very small. Obviously defensively yes, but offensively kanter has been as good as it gets.

It's hard to justify an argument against a player who is clearly winning us over a little bit more every day, but yes I still think for the long term a solid Two-way player is better than Enes. Having said that I have a feeling his D is actually improving now - he won't be good or elite, but he may well be adequate.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

11/15/2017  12:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2017  12:30 AM
I know I'm going to get killed for saying this but we should focus our energies into luring Giannis Antetokounmpo to NY. I think there is a good chance he becomes disgruntled with the Bucks, who are basically stuck with a middling supporting cast for the next two seasons at least; and even longer should they re-sign Jabari Parker to big money. They will have another three to four seasons with Giannis under contract though, which will give us plenty of time to begin accuring the assets necessary to make a competitive offer. Ntilikina, Giannis and Porzingis would be one hell of a core-irrespective of whats around them- on both ends of the floor.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/15/2017  8:38 AM
KnixinSix wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

Scout effectively, add talent through draft (at whatever position we land, or trade up with assets), then grab an elite talent when we're ready to contend to put us at the ECF threshold. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it. KP is just THAT good.

Knixkik
USA
11/15/2017  8:48 AM
Moonangie wrote:
KnixinSix wrote:

F Porzingis
G Ntilikina

Scout effectively, add talent through draft (at whatever position we land, or trade up with assets), then grab an elite talent when we're ready to contend to put us at the ECF threshold. That's the plan and I'm sticking to it. KP is just THAT good.

I agree. That is the way to go.

Your Perfect Line-up around KP/Frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy