[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Will not be liked BUT would be smart
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/14/2017  1:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  1:34 AM
I think the Lakers want to get rid of Jordan Clarkson's salary. But hes blossoming into a really good player.

Id offer them Kyle Oquinn Frank and Jarret Jack for Clarkson. They get a lottery pick PG they can use going 4ward and ending contracts and we gte what I think is a burgeoning young stud PG.

I think our team is 2 years ahead of Frank and Jack is basically a player on his last legs. Why not go to the next l;evel of rebuilding faster? We only pray Frank is anywhere near Clarkson.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
11/14/2017  2:22 AM
You want to trade Frank for Clarkson? And KOQ 😳

What is Frank going to look like when he's 22 and playing next to 25 year old KP and 28 year old Timmy? Think they might be a little better? When are fans going to learn their lesson about slapping teams together for short term success?

Cmon Briggs you know better than this deal. Yuck

Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/14/2017  7:10 AM
Briggs on crazy pills
(5)(5)
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/14/2017  7:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2017  7:14 AM
We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Not for the players mentioned though

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2017  7:16 AM
Lakers don’t want to win either? Frank and Ball are kind of in the same position and both need development.
Brigg, are you this impatient about rebuilding that you can’t even go 20 games before giving up on the rookie?
BRIGGS
11/14/2017  7:17 AM
izybx wrote:You want to trade Frank for Clarkson? And KOQ 😳

What is Frank going to look like when he's 22 and playing next to 25 year old KP and 28 year old Timmy? Think they might be a little better? When are fans going to learn their lesson about slapping teams together for short term success?

Cmon Briggs you know better than this deal. Yuck

I dont think hell look as good as Clarkson looks now. What will Frank look like by 22--thats 3 years? ANYONE who has watched LA this yera knows what Im talking about--if a New York GM didnt trade a package of Frank and goods for Clarkson--it would be insane. This guy is set for all star status type play and hes 25. With Clarkson we can contend for the east today.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
11/14/2017  7:21 AM
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Thats the deal in NBA eny--you need to give to get. I would give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. Think about how HARD it is to find a player like Clarkson growing into an all star at 25 and possibly not even in the Lajers long term plan(they want 60mm to sign LBJ and George)
At the end of the day --Im giving a non rotation player and project for an all star type. I have two draft picks--I can replace the big and a back up G.

Clarkson and THJ would be 24-25

RIP Crushalot😞
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
11/14/2017  7:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We actually could use a player like Clarkson though. We're missing that extra player that can flat out score in the Rotation...

Thats the deal in NBA eny--you need to give to get. I would give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. Think about how HARD it is to find a player like Clarkson growing into an all star at 25 and possibly not even in the Lajers long term plan(they want 60mm to sign LBJ and George)
At the end of the day --Im giving a non rotation player and project for an all star type. I have two draft picks--I can replace the big and a back up G.

Wow. You are going to give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. There just are no words for how bad a trade that would be.

Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2017  8:11 AM
Briggs you might be right. You have a good imagination and with enough content your going to be from time to time.
This team is more than one player away from contending in the east.
It’s been a lovely home stretch and the team rather than full tank is competing instead.
When we preach “Patience”, this is part of it.
You might see “gee, we closer than most thought”, or “Gee, this is a nice start to a long process!!!”.
While there are lots of holes in your suggestion, does the lakers see “Win now” with Ball in his second year? because if Lebron or George go there, that’s what they will want. Frank puts them a bit further back.
Clarkson is a good player and in his prime.
BRIGGS
11/14/2017  8:23 AM
TheGame wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Wow. You are going to give up Willy and Frank for Clarkson. There just are no words for how bad a trade that would be.

Im thinking this

KOQ Frank Willy to La for Clarkson and Okafor

Chicago 2 Lakers 2 Andrew Bogut Tylere Ennis to Philly for Okafor(NY)

Sp Philly gives up Ok4 gets 2 2's Bogut Ennis

La Gives up Ennis Clarkson and Bogut get Willy Frank and Kyle Oquinn

NY gives up Willy KOQ Frank and receives Ok4 and Clarkson.

RIP Crushalot😞
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/14/2017  8:24 AM
I don't get this. If they want to dump Clarkson why are we giving a 1st rounder and other assets to get him? He's off to a great start, but too high a price. Btw Phoenix stinks.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2017  8:34 AM
thought for sure you were going to remind us we could DEF get Josh Jackson for KP right now
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/14/2017  8:37 AM
BRIGGS, is your psychiatrist on vacation and forgot to call in yo meds?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/14/2017  8:47 AM
LA might want to unload his contract, no need to give Frank for him. Frank is a better long-term fit. You can add Clarkson without giving as much if you trade for him at the right time.
EnySpree

11/14/2017  8:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I would give up Willy no problem. Just have to figure out who too add to this trade. Sessions obviously, but there's alot of salary to make up.

They want to give away Deng... I would love Deng on the team but they paid him a silly amount of money just because they had it. And they call us stupid for the THJr and Noah signing

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/14/2017  9:13 AM
Clarkson is having a career year too... per 36 mins he's averaging 26 points a game... they are purposely building him back because of how they want the team to play.

He's definately a kid that's dangling. The team that gets him will be lucky as ****

Juliano
Member: #7589

11/14/2017  9:32 AM
The stat Nixluva posted in another thread, that KP and Frank have 131.2 offensive efficiency +44.7 net efficiency when together on the floor, and that it is the best in NBA of any 2-man combo (having played min. 50 minutes) seems to indicate there could something huge in the making. Why not indulge the lad at least his rookie season, especially as he's like the third youngest player in the league, before passing such a strong judgement?
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/14/2017  9:45 AM
I like what I'm seeing from Frank so far but I think this is a trade I would make.

Of course it doesn't make much sense for the Lakers but Clarkson is definitely a player that will put the Knicks over the top.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/14/2017  9:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

It's hard to find a player like Clarkson?? Ummmmmmm huh?? You always come up with these crazy trades that just make me happy that you're not our GM and just a fan making posts on a message board. I'd have no problem trading for Clarkson and think he'd be a good addition to this team but the thought of trading Frank for him would never be there. I'd trade KOQ for him and would trade Willy for him but no way do i trade Frank for him.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/14/2017  9:55 AM
I don't know if Clarkson would be my target. I am not nearly as impressed by him as you are Briggs. That said, Briggs is essentially proposing to trade a prospect and role players for an established player who is young enough where you'd expect him to improve. I wouldn't pursue this deal but I disagree with the reaction... we would not be giving up nearly as much as some of you think. Again, i wouldn't do this trade, in part because I am willing to risk that Frank gets better
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Will not be liked BUT would be smart

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy