[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We should be friendly with Lebron when he comes in.
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

11/12/2017  9:25 PM
teamsport72 wrote:
martin wrote:
teamsport72 wrote:"Michael Beasley amassed a +/- of -4 in 21 minutes of action, but that isn’t at all an indication of his impact on the game. His situational scoring ability is becoming a strength off the bench, and that continued to prove true against the Sacramento Kings."

Situationally, I can pass a pretty load of shyte...if that adds to my value. Pathetic.

Why are you posting this here?

Why are you asking?

Haha! He's got you there, Martin. Did you ban him yet?

AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

11/12/2017  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2017  9:48 PM
This is unheard of. A player (no matter how good) knocking another team's 19 year old draft pick? Being a spokesman for another team like the Mavericks? Lebron is due for a beatdown tomorrow night. Doesn't he know that Noah is back?
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
11/12/2017  9:40 PM
I am praying that the Knicks smack fire out of the cavs. Hoping KP drops 50, lebron is out of line, maybe he should focus on his own wack team and figure out why they are such trash
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2017  10:00 PM
Really, Im a fan of Lebron on the court. I respect him as I did Jordan. Hated the SOB's.
Winning is the only thing here. The rest is garbage.
Lebron's comment was garbage. Off the court, the dude is a mental midget.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/12/2017  10:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:hell ****ing no, **** lebron. not sure why he's interjecting himself about knicks affairs, but for him to outwardly say that we should have drafted dennis smith jr (a sentiment i disagree with to begin with) is unheard of and uncalled for. **** this guy so hard.
he thinks he is that important that he can comment on what other teams should be doing. So far his "GM skills" have been terrible. This is really about Phil and the fact that Phil owned him and Lebron cant get over it even though phil is gone now

Phil owned Lebron? How so?

So far his "GM skills" have been terrible.

Yeah, I see what you mean...Lebron has been to 7 straight finals and has won a 'chip in Cleveland crying out loud. Wish we had GMs with such a track record.

We had a GM with eleven rings but yeah its LeBron we need as GM.
Cant make this **** up!!

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Juliano
Member: #7589

11/13/2017  5:44 AM
reub wrote:This is unheard of. A player (no matter how good) knocking another team's 19 year old draft pick? Being a spokesman for another team like the Mavericks? Lebron is due for a beatdown tomorrow night. Doesn't he know that Noah is back?

To be honest I think he meant it as a praise towards DSJ (and a dig at Jackson), not as knocking down Frank. Anyway, it's going to be interesting because the Cavs are the first team Frank will get to play twice, we'll see if having previous on-court knowledge of what he's going to face will help him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/13/2017  8:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/13/2017  8:00 AM
Juliano wrote:
reub wrote:This is unheard of. A player (no matter how good) knocking another team's 19 year old draft pick? Being a spokesman for another team like the Mavericks? Lebron is due for a beatdown tomorrow night. Doesn't he know that Noah is back?

To be honest I think he meant it as a praise towards DSJ (and a dig at Jackson), not as knocking down Frank. Anyway, it's going to be interesting because the Cavs are the first team Frank will get to play twice, we'll see if having previous on-court knowledge of what he's going to face will help him.

A player knocking another team's retired ex-president is equally ridiculous
Juliano
Member: #7589

11/13/2017  9:37 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:A player knocking another team's retired ex-president is equally ridiculous

It is petty, I'll admit to that, but nowhere near as bad as knocking down a rookie would have been. Still, let's hope it doesn't push the players into trying too hard to make him eat his words, let them just play their game.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/13/2017  9:45 AM

Briggs, do you still think we should collectively kiss LBJ's ass and pray that he comes here?
(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/13/2017  10:22 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

Correct, the dude's a pile of hot mess. I guess there isn't anyone in his posse telling him to STFU and play basketball.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
USA
11/13/2017  10:56 AM
Best thing to impress Lebron would for knicks to win, frank to rise up and block out the words and just play a good solid game. Frank need not feel he has to make a point other than let the game come to him and just be cool!!!!

The garden can rock LOUD!!!! That is what is impressive!!!!
Not sucking up to the dude!! Lebron wants to play here, thats cool.
Not for Starphuch reasons but for Basketball!!

PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/13/2017  11:01 AM
The time to want Lebron is past.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/13/2017  11:05 AM
Chandler wrote:
Briggs, do you still think we should collectively kiss LBJ's ass and pray that he comes here?

I want the Knicks to win a championship before I die. This is KPs team--any player we get from LBJ to any other is a secondary player. Id rather not get LBJ for many of the same reasons that have been discussed but on the other had why cant the KNICKS be the "super team" thats wins 3-4 NBA titles in a row?
It would be insane not to make LBJ a number 1 priority free agent--im not advocating kissing his arse--Im saying give him good respectful treatment--that he certainly deserves--while our team still wins the game. I think if you asked James Dolan if he would take LBJ for 4 years--hes going to say YES very quickly.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
11/13/2017  11:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

The OrangeMan in the white house does all the time. His fans think this is cool. Its deflecting and a sign of insecurity.
when a new boss takes over he owns it all. Sure there is "blame", but he owns it to fix it. Not deflect.

Nalod
USA
11/13/2017  11:33 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I want the Knicks to win a championship before I die. This is KPs team--any player we get from LBJ to any other is a secondary player. Id rather not get LBJ for many of the same reasons that have been discussed but on the other had why cant the KNICKS be the "super team" thats wins 3-4 NBA titles in a row?
It would be insane not to make LBJ a number 1 priority free agent--im not advocating kissing his arse--Im saying give him good respectful treatment--that he certainly deserves--while our team still wins the game. I think if you asked James Dolan if he would take LBJ for 4 years--hes going to say YES very quickly.

Who should give this respectful treatment??? Fans? Players? Coach's?
Who is being disrespectful? Lebron dissing our rookie? Knicks franchise?
Fans pulled that crap with Kobe and it was awful. I think fans car respect whats on the floor. I saw Jordan rip the heart from our team numerous times. He earned that respect. Lebron I think had it, but his words diminished it tonite.

Best way to earn Lebrons respect is for the knicks to win. Garden rocks. He should look at the players and think "I can fit in here with this yoot and these fans are awesome"! My opinion is he wants his team to win and he is trying to get in our yoots head.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/13/2017  11:49 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Welpee wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Excuse my tin foil hat, but I believe LeBron had an ulterior motive for saying what he did. He's an astute business man, understands how the media works, now. Making a point of saying that Smith jr. should have been chosen over Frank, sounds like he wants to test the rookie Monday. See what he's got.
The best player in the world being worried about getting into the head of a rookie who doesn't even start seems very far fetched.

Thats not what I said. Not even close. LeBron is not worried about anything. I am suggesting that LeBron is keeping his future plans open. Frank is supposed to be the PG of the future for the Knicks, James might want to find out just how far along he is. How Frank responds to a challenge from the best.

That sounds even more far fetched. This is a major stretch and is 99.9% unlikely.

Please, you went off the deep end last season with your defense of mgmt. Your imagination is far greater than mine.

Explain that one. I went off the deep end about what? One thing I'm pretty confident about, I never considered anything as ridiculous as the theory you just proposed.

Since we're saying **** without going into more detail....

I have no idea what you're talking about, nor will I try to figure it out.

It means saying Im wrong about my previous post without going into detail why is not a rebuttal.

The rebuttal is your statement is that it makes no sense. It's hard to refute something that makes so little sense.

Giving props to a rookie he has had an existing relationship with makes sense. Wanting to take a shot at Phil Jackson who he has feuded with previously makes sense. Wanted to take a shot at an organization he is about to play who he doesn't seem to have much respect for make some sense.

Wanting to test a rookie who is averaging 4+ ppg makes no sense and you can't really articulate a rationale as to why it would make sense.

All you did was tell me Im wrong without saying why. I dont consider that a rebuttal, unless you want that to be my response to everything you write. Wouldn't be much of a conversation, would it?

Tell me Im crazy, fine. Count the ways

LeBron praising a rookie he knows makes sense. LeBron taking a dig at a rookie he doesnt know, has yet to play, only to take a dig at an exec who isnt in the league anymore, because he was fired, seems like a real stretch to me. I believe there is more at work here. Why not wait until he plays him on Monday, instead of delivering his verdict now? Giving Frank a chance to prove him wrong on Monday.

LeBron knows it will be bulletin board material, he knows that KP is having an MVP season, and the Knicks are getting their act together. I dont believe he would say those things, knowing the reaction, just to be petty.

Because you have yet to explain why would Lebron give a bleep about Frank?

I have explained it, repeatedly. Not going to explain it again. I dont buy your theory either.

So...Lebron pretty much confirmed that what I and others speculated about his comments (that you thought were far fetched) were indeed on point.

So are you still standing by your secret plot theory that he wanted to see what Frank is made of in case he wants to sign with the Knicks?

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/13/2017  11:50 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

Correct, the dude's a pile of hot mess. I guess there isn't anyone in his posse telling him to STFU and play basketball.

its amazing how insecure he became after that one comment. Even melo doesnt bring up phil much at all and he had more issues with him. Lebron seems obsessed with a guy who doesnt even work here. Also no matter how lebron tries to backpeddle it was still a shot at frank.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/13/2017  1:42 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

phil is the king at taking shots at people. How quickly we forgot the many digs he took at Van Gundy when he was our coach...And lest not pretend that phil wasn't taking a shot at Lebron when he called his associates a posse. The so-called posse Lebron hangs with are brokering million dollar deals...

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2017  1:47 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

its amazing how insecure he became after that one comment. Even melo doesnt bring up phil much at all and he had more issues with him. Lebron seems obsessed with a guy who doesnt even work here. Also no matter how lebron tries to backpeddle it was still a shot at frank.

I agree with both sides, it's stupid to take shots at someone who has nothing to do with the franchise anymore, and as much as I'm cool with the frank pick as a 2nd option, my 1st option would have been DSJ.

ES
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/13/2017  2:01 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Juliano wrote:

I agree with both sides, it's stupid to take shots at someone who has nothing to do with the franchise anymore, and as much as I'm cool with the frank pick as a 2nd option, my 1st option would have been DSJ.

Seems like a lot of people in the public eye who are in the pro-DSJ camp seem to share the same sentiments. Mainly, they had seen Smith play since his early high school days and knew nothing about Frank. Pretty similar to the position Stephen A. Smith took in 2015 ragging on the Knicks for drafting Porzingis (who he later admitted having never seen him play) over guys he had seen play (Cauley-Stein, Winslow and Stanley Johnson).
We should be friendly with Lebron when he comes in.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy