[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So far from pre season CBB for the Knicks
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/20/2017  11:32 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Having seen very little of these 3 but more of other players I would put Bamba, Porter and Doncic as my top 3 in no particular order.

Aayton reminds me of Yinka Dare (lol - think someone else mentioned him)
Bagley fumbles every ball thrown to him and barely hits the rim on many shots.
Bridges shot worries me and his positional size/quickness at the 3.

As for Brunson/Allen in top 10 -- spitting out my coffee.

Bridges shot has been pretty damn good so far. He is a tweeners, so his lateral quickness at the three will be a question mark. But the effort is their and he is -A to A athlete. The thing about Yinka is that he was only 6'6". They took alot of liberties with player heights back then.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/21/2017  9:15 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Deandre AAyton
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

After first week just a few changes--moving Mikal Bridges into top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Porter
#4 Bamba
#5 K Knox
#6 Doncic
#7 M Bridges (mSu)
#8 G Allen
#9 Jalen Brunson
#9 Mikal Bridges (Villanova)

Michael Porter to undergo season ending back surgery. Wow. Does he declare for the draft or comes back to show he is healthy?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/21/2017  9:18 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Deandre AAyton
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

After first week just a few changes--moving Mikal Bridges into top 10

#1 Aayton
#2 Bagley
#3 Porter
#4 Bamba
#5 K Knox
#6 Doncic
#7 M Bridges (mSu)
#8 G Allen
#9 Jalen Brunson
#9 Mikal Bridges (Villanova)

Michael Porter to undergo season ending back surgery. Wow. Does he declare for the draft or comes back to show he is healthy?

One and done. Still goes top 5.

TPercy
Member: #5748

11/21/2017  10:12 PM
A guy to keep an eye on: Isaac Bonga. He is 6'10 SF who plays like a PG

His downside is that he is shot is a work in progress, but having such an unselfish guy like him who can play defense and distribute the ball is only going to make our play better. Check him out fellas.
The Future is Bright!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/22/2017  12:37 AM
TPercy wrote:A guy to keep an eye on: Isaac Bonga. He is 6'10 SF who plays like a PG

His downside is that he is shot is a work in progress, but having such an unselfish guy like him who can play defense and distribute the ball is only going to make our play better. Check him out fellas.

Bonga style fits really well with KP and Frank. Bonga and Kostas(Greeks bro) would be a nice haul. But way to early.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TPercy

11/22/2017  12:56 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
TPercy wrote:A guy to keep an eye on: Isaac Bonga. He is 6'10 SF who plays like a PG

Bonga style fits really well with KP and Frank. Bonga and Kostas(Greeks bro) would be a nice haul. But way to early.

Definitely. I think he probably moves up in the draft especially if he plays well in Germany this year but yeah it is early
The Future is Bright!
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
11/22/2017  5:30 AM
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Definitely. I think he probably moves up in the draft especially if he plays well in Germany this year but yeah it is early

I have seen him play a lot... the "start" into his pro career last year and now his second real season in Germany.
The biggest thing about Bonga is that he is NOT a SF but a true PG!
That is his position despite his size... he defends opponents PGs, he brings up the ball against pressure and he organizes the game.
He is not starting on his team but at his age already plays good minutes AND he more often than not makes them count for the team!

Please keep in mind that the German league is not a circus league like the CBA (China)... they compete there... its a serious business and coaches will not play young guys just to develop them if they do not help the team! This is pretty similar to Franks situation in Strassbourg!

Bonga has at a very young age developed very nicely from last season to this! His shot already looks a lot more consistent and he utilizes his speed and lenght on drives better now. This guy is not timid at all despite going up against grown man every game!

He does have a good feel for the game and is setting up his teammate pretty well already! He would recognize a mismatch and make sure the ball gets to the right spot... as I said... he is a 6'10 Pointguard!

His defence is really solid... he moves his feet very well against quicker, smaller guys and his long frame helps obviously to interupt plays!

I definately would like him as a good compliment with Frank... on D at least... I would not be 100% sure on the offensive side of the court though...

But if he is there with a second rounder... GO FOR IT!!! :-)

ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

11/22/2017  9:52 AM

Like this kid.

TPercy

11/22/2017  12:41 PM
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I have seen him play a lot... the "start" into his pro career last year and now his second real season in Germany.
That is his position despite his size... he defends opponents PGs, he brings up the ball against pressure and he organizes the game.
He is not starting on his team but at his age already plays good minutes AND he more often than not makes them count for the team!

Please keep in mind that the German league is not a circus league like the CBA (China)... they compete there... its a serious business and coaches will not play young guys just to develop them if they do not help the team! This is pretty similar to Franks situation in Strassbourg!

Bonga has at a very young age developed very nicely from last season to this! His shot already looks a lot more consistent and he utilizes his speed and lenght on drives better now. This guy is not timid at all despite going up against grown man every game!

He does have a good feel for the game and is setting up his teammate pretty well already! He would recognize a mismatch and make sure the ball gets to the right spot... as I said... he is a 6'10 Pointguard!

His defence is really solid... he moves his feet very well against quicker, smaller guys and his long frame helps obviously to interupt plays!

I definately would like him as a good compliment with Frank... on D at least... I would not be 100% sure on the offensive side of the court though...

Thanks for the further insight. You think he could play as a SF though in a more point forward kinda role? a guy like him is too intriguing to pass up in today's' NBA.

The Future is Bright!
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/22/2017  12:53 PM
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Thanks for the further insight. You think he could play as a SF though in a more point forward kinda role? a guy like him is too intriguing to pass up in today's' NBA.

He is what 17-18. He should be able to eventually develop to where he can play off ball somewhat. He is early in his development stages. You can tell his handle and fluidity for his size is legit though. NBA is trending towards position less ball. He is more a drive and kickout and Frank would be more of a shooter. Don't think it would matter to Frank if hypothetically Bonga brought up the ball more. Or if Frank brought up the ball and kicked it him at the top of the key. But again still early in his development. Frank's as well.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dodger78
Germany
11/22/2017  2:10 PM
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

The key to me would be if he can defend the position... at the moment he would struggle mightily against the stronger SFs in the league.
Whereas he seems pretty comfortable defending the speed of PGs and SGs.
Will he develop into a SF... he probably could... the question to me would be why should he transfer to a position where he is one of many regarding size and skills (the great playmaking aside) - as a legit PG he would be special and I think thats what he should play in the future.
Regarding a pairing with Frank I do think however if both develop their offensive games to a point where its both drive and shoot they would complement each other very well!

I do think regarding the court vision and ability to organize the game he could be a poor mans Ben Simmons without the mean athleticism.
But the way Simmons uses his lenght to make plays for others is something Bonga could also achieve in the future...
Gotta keep in mind that this guy is really young!!!

Also... from what you can read and hear from him in interviews Bonga seems to have a good head on his shoulders as well.
He is motivated, has goals he is working for and doesnt take things for granted - despite being a STANDOUT in Germany with his skillset from his first days on the court basically.

TPercy

11/22/2017  7:09 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

He is what 17-18. He should be able to eventually develop to where he can play off ball somewhat. He is early in his development stages. You can tell his handle and fluidity for his size is legit though. NBA is trending towards position less ball. He is more a drive and kickout and Frank would be more of a shooter. Don't think it would matter to Frank if hypothetically Bonga brought up the ball more. Or if Frank brought up the ball and kicked it him at the top of the key. But again still early in his development. Frank's as well.

Good call. Kid has to fill out more given his age which should allow him to play a more forward position
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

11/22/2017  7:14 PM
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

The key to me would be if he can defend the position... at the moment he would struggle mightily against the stronger SFs in the league.
Will he develop into a SF... he probably could... the question to me would be why should he transfer to a position where he is one of many regarding size and skills (the great playmaking aside) - as a legit PG he would be special and I think thats what he should play in the future.
Regarding a pairing with Frank I do think however if both develop their offensive games to a point where its both drive and shoot they would complement each other very well!

I do think regarding the court vision and ability to organize the game he could be a poor mans Ben Simmons without the mean athleticism.
But the way Simmons uses his lenght to make plays for others is something Bonga could also achieve in the future...

Also... from what you can read and hear from him in interviews Bonga seems to have a good head on his shoulders as well.
He is motivated, has goals he is working for and doesnt take things for granted - despite being a STANDOUT in Germany with his skillset from his first days on the court basically.

Yeah thinking about it now we still do need a backup PG so if we were to hypothetically get him he would be a nice player off the bench in the short run and we could aim to pair both Frank and him in the long run. The poor man Ben Simmons comparisons is also interesting. I think he could be able to be as good as a playmaker as him but defo not as a scorer at least not yet.

Do you live in Germany by any chance? You seem to know a lot about this kid

The Future is Bright!
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/22/2017  8:06 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:

Like this kid.

lucky he didnt die when he fell on his neck in that video

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
dodger78
Germany
11/23/2017  2:40 AM
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Yeah thinking about it now we still do need a backup PG so if we were to hypothetically get him he would be a nice player off the bench in the short run and we could aim to pair both Frank and him in the long run. The poor man Ben Simmons comparisons is also interesting. I think he could be able to be as good as a playmaker as him but defo not as a scorer at least not yet.

Do you live in Germany by any chance? You seem to know a lot about this kid

Yes I live her ein Munich. Born and raised here. I follow the German league very closely and its no coincidence, that there have been more and more talented players taken the step from Germany to the NBA. The quality of the league has gone up consistently for some years now.
Players like Maxi Kleber (Mavs), Theis (Celtics) or even Hartenstein (Houston G-League) will carve their niches in the league and be good role players for years I think!
Schröder of course has done his thing in Atlanta and even his backup Malcom Delany played a couple of years here in Germany!

Generally speaking the game has obviously expended to such an international thing that scouting in the European leagues has become a necessity I think!

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

11/23/2017  10:46 AM
yes to ayton I need another bahamain in the league two just ain't enough
So far from pre season CBB for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy