#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

I know you're a big Grayson Allen guy. Good player, I like him too but not sure about him in the lottery with our 1st. Maybe with that CHI pick we have. Kind of a chippy guy though with all the leg tripping and such, no?

I'd love to see if we could work out a small trade to pry Janis Timma loose from Orlando. They own his rights.. And/or see if we could execute a small trade with CHI to get Antonio Blakeney. I really like this kid Blakeney A LOT. Can't believe he went undrafted. What he is is a better version of Jamal Crawford -- he's got Crawford's whole bag of tricks to get shots off in the halfcourt but also has a much better transition game -- this dude's looking to go coast to coast with the ball and ram it down the other team's throat. Relentless motor and always in attack mode. Very good jump shot from deep too. He's be perfect coming in for THJ on that second unit -- they're actually very similar players, I actually think Blakeney could be even better eventually. Just got the call-up from the G League.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/10/2017  12:15 PM
Finestrg wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Deandre AAyton
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

I know you're a big Grayson Allen guy. Good player, I like him too but not sure about him in the lottery with our 1st. Maybe with that CHI pick we have. Kind of a chippy guy though with all the leg tripping and such, no?

I'd love to see if we could work out a small trade to pry Janis Timma loose from Orlando. They own his rights.. And/or see if we could execute a small trade with CHI to get Antonio Blakeney. I really like this kid Blakeney A LOT. Can't believe he went undrafted. What he is is a better version of Jamal Crawford -- he's got Crawford's whole bag of tricks to get shots off in the halfcourt but also has a much better transition game -- this dude's looking to go coast to coast with the ball and ram it down the other team's throat. Relentless motor and always in attack mode. Very good jump shot from deep too. He's be perfect coming in for THJ on that second unit -- they're actually very similar players, I actually think Blakeney could be even better eventually. Just got the call-up from the G League.

What would concern me as a GM is wondering if this was just a phase? If Allen was willing to repeatedly do this stuff in front of Coach K, what will he do playing for their Head Coach?

Watching those clips it looked like he couldn't control himself. Even as coaches were trying to calm Allen down. If he got some sort of help, demonstrated that Allen successfully addressed this issue, I dont believe it will hurt his draft stock. Has to show he's moved beyond that stuff.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/10/2017  3:46 PM
We have a log jam at the C position. How the hell can Deandre Ayton be #1 for us? Just not reasonable.
The Future is Bright!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/10/2017  4:02 PM
TPercy wrote:We have a log jam at the C position. How the hell can Deandre Ayton be #1 for us? Just not reasonable.

Because he could be a generational big that fits in exactly with KP. Portland still wishes they drafted MJ and put him next to Clyde.

KOQ is opting out. Kanter has this year and maybe next. So within 2 years max those guys COULD be gone if you draft a guy like Ayton and you'd have enough space to sign a max contract at another position.

And if you get a chance to draft a starting 2-way center who can shoot all the way to the 3 point line WHY WOULDN'T YOU?!?!! Your interior defense would be a lock for 10 years. You would be able to space the floor like no other team could. Your team would be match up hell. Just get some shooters.

Or you could pass on Ayton and resign Kanter and waste cap space on a center who is not starting quality for a playoff team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/10/2017  4:30 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:We have a log jam at the C position. How the hell can Deandre Ayton be #1 for us? Just not reasonable.

Because he could be a generational big that fits in exactly with KP. Portland still wishes they drafted MJ and put him next to Clyde.

KOQ is opting out. Kanter has this year and maybe next. So within 2 years max those guys COULD be gone if you draft a guy like Ayton and you'd have enough space to sign a max contract at another position.

And if you get a chance to draft a starting 2-way center who can shoot all the way to the 3 point line WHY WOULDN'T YOU?!?!! Your interior defense would be a lock for 10 years. You would be able to space the floor like no other team could. Your team would be match up hell. Just get some shooters.

Or you could pass on Ayton and resign Kanter and waste cap space on a center who is not starting quality for a playoff team.

I agree, KP has shown to work well with others bigs. Getting one of Aytons talents would be a coup. He has huge potential. We would have incredible size at C, PF, and PG without sacrificing spacing.

Only concerns with him from his scouting g report is that he doesn't bring it consistently, plays down to the comp, and seems unmotivated at times.

But would makes sense getting the most talented player in the draft which is him. Let Kanter and KOQ go. Maybe even package Willy with Lee for other needs. Use all that cap space to fill more needs. If we were able to land him of course.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/10/2017  4:41 PM
martin wrote:

this is a great post as it shows how tough it is to get perspective. Knicks have not won games for a few years. Now that they are there is going to be significant bias towards the players that have helped make that happen. Its tough. You dont want to overpay your own guys and hurt your chances to upgrade your talent. You also dont want to let good players helping you win games for nothing, unless its clearly tactical and there is another player waiting in the wings (Wllly and Dotson come to mind when considering paying Kanter/KOQ/McD)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TPercy

11/10/2017  5:50 PM
martin wrote:

We still leave a big hole at SF though that can be filled by more talented guys like Doncic and Porter. I see where you are coming from but I think those guys can have more long term potential.

The Future is Bright!
martin
USA
11/10/2017  5:53 PM
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

We still leave a big hole at SF though that can be filled by more talented guys like Doncic and Porter. I see where you are coming from but I think those guys can have more long term potential.

IMHO the Knicks have 2 long term starters: KP and Frank. After that it's wide open. Draft the best player available.

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/10/2017  5:55 PM
You know what’s crazy FrAnk N has the same wingspan as Deandre.

Puts in perspective how rare that is

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/10/2017  5:57 PM
martin wrote:

I don’t know this player but MJ point is spot on.

(5)(5)
TPercy

11/10/2017  8:25 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

IMHO the Knicks have 2 long term starters: KP and Frank. After that it's wide open. Draft the best player available.

I agree with this.

The Future is Bright!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/10/2017  11:05 PM
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

THjr's $70mm contract says hi.

martin
USA
11/10/2017  11:47 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

His play says otherwise. He'll make a decent 6th man

Panos
11/11/2017  10:43 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Oh, i agree. Too much of a bone head for my taste. Too many bad shots early in the clock. In a row. Coach gotta get in his ear about that.
But I'll be surprised if we end up with both Noah AND THjr on the bench. That's a lot of salary. And THjr is this administration's signing, can't pin it on Phil.

martin
USA
11/11/2017  10:56 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Oh, i agree. Too much of a bone head for my taste. Too many bad shots early in the clock. In a row. Coach gotta get in his ear about that.
But I'll be surprised if we end up with both Noah AND THjr on the bench. That's a lot of salary. And THjr is this administration's signing, can't pin it on Phil.

Even before tonight I’d have placed money on Dotson starting over THJr at some point

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/11/2017  10:57 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
TPercy wrote:
martin wrote:

Even before tonight I’d have placed money on Dotson starting over THJr at some point

Sooner rather than later I hope

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/11/2017  10:58 PM
For what it's worth, I think Kanter wants to stay here...not sure how things work out, but he and KP do well together, he brings it every night, and I expect he loves NYC. I'm going on the assumption that he remains A Knick.

KOQ loves it here, but he's looking for his big payday, and I doubt if the Knicks give it to him.

Too early in the season to think about our spot in the draft...right now things are looking good, but none of us know where we might end up. Just too much time left in the season.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Panos
11/11/2017  11:45 PM
It figures that now that we own all our picks going forward we may no longer be in the lottery after having given away so many high lottery picks in the past 20 years.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/12/2017  4:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:#1 Deandre AAyton
#2 K Knox
#3 M Porter
#4 M Bridges
#5 L Doncic
#6 G Allen
#7 M Bagley
#8 J Brunson
#9 K Bowman
#10 M Bamba

Dear lord Briggs -- Allen and Brunson --- what you smoking?

So far from pre season CBB for the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy