[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lebron has to stay East..
Author Thread
teamsport72
Posts: 20173
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/4/2015
Member: #6172

11/10/2017  5:25 AM
..if he wants to keep racking up Finals appearances. Could do it in NY. He could fall back here and float through the season before turning it up when it matters. The real concern is whether KP would want to be a part of circus that surrounds LJ for the matter of glorification of his massive ego.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/10/2017  6:24 AM
If LeBron wanted to.... he could go to the Lakers right now. They have habe the best packedge of young players to offer. They have the salaries. They have picks.

LeBron did wish Lonzo Ball a happy birthday on Twitter. Might like the kid.

You know why I'm here....
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22705
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/10/2017  7:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2017  7:07 AM
I don't really want Lebron.
Knicks should stick with a 25 and younger approach moving forward. Focus on the draft.
Enough with the quick fixes. Do this right.
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/10/2017  8:16 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't really want Lebron.
Knicks should stick with a 25 and younger approach moving forward. Focus on the draft.
Enough with the quick fixes. Do this right.

The Knicks have enough youngins in the stable. If LeBron wanted to play here we could shed the money to get him and still have all our young guys and draft picks. Chances that he wants to be here is slim to none. LeBron is about legacy. He saw what the storm did to Phil and every other big name. With the Lakers he can ride the wave of positive vibes that team had going for it

You know why I'm here....
Moonangie
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

11/10/2017  8:45 AM
Lebron would be good for Lonzo. He's a big enough personality to keep the crazy Papa in check. I'd bet real money LBJ ends up on the Lakers.
Vmart
Posts: 30349
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
11/10/2017  8:56 AM
Why would LeBron head out west? All I can think is how easy the road to the finals is through the east. Every year he is going to the finals. That’s got to be good for his brand.
Knixkik
Posts: 28458
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/10/2017  9:05 AM
EnySpree wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I don't really want Lebron.
Knicks should stick with a 25 and younger approach moving forward. Focus on the draft.
Enough with the quick fixes. Do this right.

The Knicks have enough youngins in the stable. If LeBron wanted to play here we could shed the money to get him and still have all our young guys and draft picks. Chances that he wants to be here is slim to none. LeBron is about legacy. He saw what the storm did to Phil and every other big name. With the Lakers he can ride the wave of positive vibes that team had going for it

If LeBron is about his legacy he would come to ny as a free agent because he knows winning in ny is probably the greatest thing he could possibly do in his career at this point. Porzingis will only get better, and kanter, hardaway, ntilikina, McDermott, and lee are all proving to be great complimentary players. But obviously it's unlikely.

EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/10/2017  9:06 AM
Vmart wrote:Why would LeBron head out west? All I can think is how easy the road to the finals is through the east. Every year he is going to the finals. That’s got to be good for his brand.

The east isn't as bad as everyone keeps saying... it's a dog fight over here. The West if anything is going down. They have a few super teams and then have a bunch of sorry teams.

You know why I'm here....
nyk4ever
Posts: 40901
Alba Posts: 12
Joined: 1/12/2005
Member: #848
USA
11/10/2017  9:07 AM
**** lebron, he can his soon to be old-ass raggity talents elsewhere.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knixkik
Posts: 28458
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/10/2017  9:13 AM
teamsport72 wrote:..if he wants to keep racking up Finals appearances. Could do it in NY. He could fall back here and float through the season before turning it up when it matters. The real concern is whether KP would want to be a part of circus that surrounds LJ for the matter of glorification of his massive ego.

I agree about the circus it would bring. I would never turn LeBron down if he wanted to come, but I would prefer us to succeed another way. My new favorite target is Kris Middleton in summer 2019. He is the ideal SF for this group. Milwaukee has to pay Greek freak, Bledsoe, brogdon, and maybe Parker first. I don't see them giving Middleton max money.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Posts: 20256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2001
Member: #86
USA
11/11/2017  1:51 AM
I would rather go after Paul George
I bleed orange and blue for life.
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/11/2017  7:04 AM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:I would rather go after Paul George

Word to big bird.

With KP playing like this and the way he carries himself, people are going to want to play with him. Paul George already has a built in spot at the 3 in NY. Man that would be something.... still depends on how well we do this year. The lottery is stacked with Bigs and forwards

You know why I'm here....
jrodmc
Posts: 30601
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
11/11/2017  8:53 AM
Moonangie wrote:Lebron would be good for Lonzo. He's a big enough personality to keep the crazy Papa in check. I'd bet real money LBJ ends up on the Lakers.

Jesus H. Christ isn't a big enough personality to keep The BallBrandDad in check. Guy's a certifiable wingnut.

Lebron wants to be a follow-up to Kobe? For what? To lose in the first round to GS for the next 3 years?

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
Paris907
Posts: 20762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/4/2015
Member: #6099
USA
11/11/2017  9:34 AM
I say net ney to Paul George. He may be 29 or so but he’s got miles. Sure he scores 42 last night but his injury was major. I’d go for Middleton but preferably Michael Porter. Stay young. Very young.
EnySpree
Posts: 43898
Alba Posts: 138
Joined: 4/18/2003
Member: #397

11/11/2017  9:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2017  9:52 AM
Paris907 wrote:I say net ney to Paul George. He may be 29 or so but he’s got miles. Sure he scores 42 last night but his injury was major. I’d go for Middleton but preferably Michael Porter. Stay young. Very young.

Middleton is 26... he's a year and a half younger... Paul is 27 now he'll be 28 in May.

I wouldn't go after Paul unless we made the playoffs. If we make the playoffs then paul makes sense... sign him to a 4 year deal and let's make a mother****ing run.

You know why I'm here....
Vmart
Posts: 30349
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
11/11/2017  10:33 AM
I’m totally against big name free agents coming to NY. I like building through draft.
Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/11/2017  10:35 AM
Not enough talent here for Lebron. If Hardaway was a true closer level guard we might of had a chance
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Welpee
Posts: 21615
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/22/2016
Member: #6239

11/11/2017  11:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2017  11:07 AM
teamsport72 wrote:..if he wants to keep racking up Finals appearances. Could do it in NY. He could fall back here and float through the season before turning it up when it matters. The real concern is whether KP would want to be a part of circus that surrounds LJ for the matter of glorification of his massive ego.
This may sound crazy but I don't want Lebron even if he were interested in coming to NY. He's 33 years old with a lot of miles on his odometer. He will probably seek a long term deal since this will likely be his last major contract. Combine that with the drama queen sideshow he brings and his diva-like qualities, let him take that circus to the Lakers. I think people will fall into the trap of thinking Lebron is superman and will play at this level forever.

He is going to start breaking down pretty soon. I don't want another Amare situation where we get one real Lebron-like year and three compromised "can't wait until his contract runs out" seasons. Plus if he comes we'll probably have to scrap building with youth and seek out win-now vets. Not to mention we'll have to bring in D Wade since they're like a married couple now.

Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/11/2017  11:14 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Paris907 wrote:I say net ney to Paul George. He may be 29 or so but he’s got miles. Sure he scores 42 last night but his injury was major. I’d go for Middleton but preferably Michael Porter. Stay young. Very young.

Middleton is 26... he's a year and a half younger... Paul is 27 now he'll be 28 in May.

I wouldn't go after Paul unless we made the playoffs. If we make the playoffs then paul makes sense... sign him to a 4 year deal and let's make a mother****ing run.

good call on Middleton, I wonder if he will get a max deal. How much does 18 ppg 5 assists and 6 boards get on the open market. Could he get Otto Porters deal? This is why there should be no cap. Why Middleton is a fine player he shouldn't be paid the same as Giannis, Lebron. Kawahii or whoever else

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/11/2017  11:16 AM
Welpee wrote:
teamsport72 wrote:..if he wants to keep racking up Finals appearances. Could do it in NY. He could fall back here and float through the season before turning it up when it matters. The real concern is whether KP would want to be a part of circus that surrounds LJ for the matter of glorification of his massive ego.
This may sound crazy but I don't want Lebron even if he were interested in coming to NY. He's 33 years old with a lot of miles on his odometer. He will probably seek a long term deal since this will likely be his last major contract. Combine that with the drama queen sideshow he brings and his diva-like qualities, let him take that circus to the Lakers. I think people will fall into the trap of thinking Lebron is superman and will play at this level forever.

He is going to start breaking down pretty soon. I don't want another Amare situation where we get one real Lebron-like year and three compromised "can't wait until his contract runs out" seasons. Plus if he comes we'll probably have to scrap building with youth and seek out win-now vets. Not to mention we'll have to bring in D Wade since they're like a married couple now.

It sounds crazy, getting Lebron makes the Knicks immediately a top 3 team in the East. If all it was was cap room I would do it in a second.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Lebron has to stay East..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.