[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is there anyway we can get Doncic if we land mid draft?
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
11/9/2017  11:10 AM
At this point with kp we won't be in the lottery imo. Maybe we can trade Kanter and our pick for him? Would that even be enough? Probably have to include Lee and O'Quinn still not sure if it's enough.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2017  11:47 AM
light years away from this and other more desirable players may surface any how. Dont sweat it. Focus is improving from within. Come deadline we should get offers for some of the guys on the roster. That will be the time to start looking at moving and grooving
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/9/2017  11:54 AM
yeah no...

the guy we might have a shot at is Miles Bridges. He's a tweener, I don't think his success will translate to the NBA... that said, i know there are plenty of people on this board that love him. If we end up a playoff team, i think we probably could package our first and the Bulls second to move up to draft him

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
11/9/2017  12:07 PM
KY has a nice long 3 coming in... Vanderbuilt. Very skilled with a huge wingspan.

I would love to find long defensive player for the 3. Imagine how good next to Frank/KP a guy like Ariza or Tayshaun Prince would look.

I have a feeling our roster will be very different come draft but who knows

SupremeCommander

11/9/2017  12:13 PM
fishmike wrote:KY has a nice long 3 coming in... Vanderbuilt. Very skilled with a huge wingspan.

I would love to find long defensive player for the 3. Imagine how good next to Frank/KP a guy like Ariza or Tayshaun Prince would look.

I'd rather have Vanderbuilt than Bridges. I think he could end up being a Lamar Odom type... but I legitimately think Vandy won't crack a rotation next year. I don't think he's a scrub, I just think he needs time. I know we've gotten lucky with KP and Frank contributing immediately, but there is nothing that makes me think Vandy will be able to slide into a rotation immediately

The only reason I bring that up is because Doncic could slide in game 1 next year ad be good

fishmike
USA
11/9/2017  12:37 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:KY has a nice long 3 coming in... Vanderbuilt. Very skilled with a huge wingspan.

I'd rather have Vanderbuilt than Bridges. I think he could end up being a Lamar Odom type... but I legitimately think Vandy won't crack a rotation next year. I don't think he's a scrub, I just think he needs time. I know we've gotten lucky with KP and Frank contributing immediately, but there is nothing that makes me think Vandy will be able to slide into a rotation immediately

The only reason I bring that up is because Doncic could slide in game 1 next year ad be good

With all our future picks and one extra I think we should just do what good orgs do. Scout well and draft on talent and persona. That could be EU talent, it could mean upper class man, it could mean taking a chance on a wild card... Its all about building up the roster
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/9/2017  1:35 PM
Don’t get me wrong. Doncic is real. Yet I am of the belief that we need two other areas. One is at 3 and Porter is the choice. While we may appear rich in 5s, I think it’s an illusion. Noah will be gone and likely OQuinn. That leaves Kantee and Wily, now forgotton suddenly. Given that neither appear to be defensive in their orientation, My preference is trading him and our pick for a top pick say to Cleveland for the Brooklyn pick & 1.

Ayers Begley Porter before Doncic. In the NBA today, athleticism and 2 way players prevail and Enes while great on the offensive boards, isn’t a rounded elite player requires for a championship.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/9/2017  1:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:yeah no...

the guy we might have a shot at is Miles Bridges. He's a tweener, I don't think his success will translate to the NBA... that said, i know there are plenty of people on this board that love him. If we end up a playoff team, i think we probably could package our first and the Bulls second to move up to draft him

I'm high on Bridges. He was smart enough to recognize his weaknesses and take an extra year. Word is that he worked on his body and perimeter skills. We'll see. He'll probably get drafted too high for us if we continue at this current pace. I wouldn't trade up to get him at this point unless he really improves. Someone probably said the same thing about Kawhi Leonard tho.....
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/9/2017  1:51 PM
KP4Life wrote:At this point with kp we won't be in the lottery imo. Maybe we can trade Kanter and our pick for him? Would that even be enough? Probably have to include Lee and O'Quinn still not sure if it's enough.

Short answer is probably no. But i think there will be plenty of other ways to improve the deal at that point. We have assets and flexibility for once.

SupremeCommander

11/9/2017  2:30 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:yeah no...

I'm high on Bridges. He was smart enough to recognize his weaknesses and take an extra year. Word is that he worked on his body and perimeter skills. We'll see. He'll probably get drafted too high for us if we continue at this current pace. I wouldn't trade up to get him at this point unless he really improves. Someone probably said the same thing about Kawhi Leonard tho.....

he's definitely a three at the next level. Can he play strictly that role? I'll have to see it to believe it because last year all he did was bully guys. He will not be bigger and stronger than his competition in the NBA. Beasley was like that. And while Beas seems to be a capable rotation player, I think we can all agree he was a bust

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2017  8:37 PM
I kind of like what I've watched of Troy Brown from Oregon, he should be available in the middle of the 1st. Only 6-7 but has a 6-11 wingspan can do a little bit of everything
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TLover
Member: #381
USA
11/9/2017  11:00 PM
Need to pry that nets picks from Cavs.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2017  11:14 PM
TLover wrote:Need to pry that nets picks from Cavs.

How do you feel about trading KP..? otherwise it ain't happening.

SupremeCommander

11/10/2017  10:17 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
TLover wrote:Need to pry that nets picks from Cavs.

How do you feel about trading KP..? otherwise it ain't happening.

what are you talking about - Kuz and Ron Baker should be enough

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/11/2017  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2017  11:31 AM
The good new is it appears there are a few nice looking prospects at SF in that 8-16 range where the Knicks will most likely fall. Like I said earlier Troy Brown jr from Oregon fits the 2 way player unselfish mentality we are looking to build. The guy has great court vision, and will be a great secondary ball handler, a + defender that can guard 1-3. Needs work on his 3 point shot which will push him down some but he checks the rest of the boxes. You got Knox, both Bridges (Vandy,MSU), This is actually a nce draft for for SF's I think we will be Ok. This kid looks interesting if we want to go international again Isacc Bonga

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Is there anyway we can get Doncic if we land mid draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy