[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about these adjustments
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/9/2017  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  9:11 AM
I'm fully in favor of monitoring KP's minutes. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's being responsible.

Elsewhere, just my 2 cents: 3 adjustments I'd like to see in the early going:

(1) PLEASE JEFF -- get Kanter the ball more in the post. His skills are being so underutilized so far it's criminal. There's so much more to the skill package we haven't seen yet, only glimpses. This guy's gone entire games getting only 5 or 6 shots total and most of those are on put backs. Get him double-digit legit post up attempts each night. He's by far and away the highest % offensive option we have. We should be milking this guy in the post, ABSOLUTELY no question about it, esp. on nights when KP's out. Meloshouldgo said it perfect on another thread -- it's INSANITY.

(2) Timmy has to continue to put the ball on the floor A LOT. He's a completely different player driving the ball imo. OK shooter (more of a volume shooter--reminds me of Quentin Richardson here) only with a VERY GOOD drive and finish game. Kinda reminds me of Gerald Wilkins in that regard a little bit. Someone's got to go to Timmy and tell him to play to his strength more, and that's putting it on the deck, not bombing away. He took 21 shots last night and had a pretty good mix of different shot attempts. If I'm Jeff and co., I'd be on him all the time about this.

(3) Have to get McDermott more attempts too. Last night Timmy took 21 shots, no one else even was in double figures. How in the world does that happen with KP out?? We had more than enough offense to win last night, we just didn't utilize our personnel correctly and to me, it's been a minor problem so far. I know turnovers had a lot to do with it last night but come on -- devise a way to get your best scoring options the ball in good position to score (in my mind it's KP, Kanter, Timmy and Dougie -- in that order. RUN PLAYS for Kanter, RUN PLAYS for Doug, etc..). I'd like to see all 4 of these guys in double figure shot attempts every night or close to it. That's when this team will be at it's best.

--------------------------------------

Another thing I'd like to see Perry and co. look into: monitoring the lower levels for talent (the G League, the end of teams' benches). Look at acquiring a guy like Janis Timma from Orlando (if anyone looked at KP's Euro Cup highlights this summer, this guy stood out in every video, to the point where I paused the video to get a look at his name on his jersey, then started looking up his videos instead of KP's!! REAL nice looking player. A 2/3 swingman with a very good combination of skills. He's a better player than Kuz and despite being a tad younger, I think he's much further along as a player. He and KP have a familiarity with each other playing on that Latvian team too, so there's that. How 'bout Sessions and the rights to Ognjen Jaramaz for the rights to Timma and cash? Also continue to look at other low risk/high reward options to boost backcourt firepower on the cheap -- how 'bout a minor trade with CHI to acquire Antonio Blakeney? Or consider signing Cat Barber who went to Europe (a better option than Trey Burke imo). I think we could add some significant firepower without breaking the bank if we wanted to.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/10/2017  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2017  12:31 PM
Agree with the bulk of your suggestions. Real glad that Timmy is showing an inside game this time around. Doesnt bother me if he goes on a run where he is just taking jumpers, when he's feeling it. More often than not this season, Hardaway does a heat check, then starts driving if his jumper is off, or the perimeter D too tight.

Kanter is doing a great job scooping up what KP misses, everyone really. Im guessing as the season goes on, Kanter will have more time on the floor without KP, will have more opportunities to be more of a focal point for the offense.

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/10/2017  12:43 PM
Finestrg wrote:I'm fully in favor of monitoring KP's minutes. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's being responsible.

They already are monitored. What would you like the Knicks to do in terms of actually assigning his minutes, and based on what?

Knickoftime

11/10/2017  12:47 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2017  1:05 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Finestrg wrote:I'm fully in favor of monitoring KP's minutes. Nothing wrong with that at all. It's being responsible.

They already are monitored. What would you like the Knicks to do in terms of actually assigning his minutes, and based on what?

They have done pretty well with his minutes but getting 38+ against OKC in a 21 pt loss is questionable. I haven't heard of a plan to monitor his minutes, it seems like Jeff is just doing it as a best practice, competent coach move. What did you hear about them monitoring his minutes? I may have missed something with the season starting early and baseball being on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

11/10/2017  1:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They have done pretty well with his minutes but getting 38+ against OKC in a 21 pt loss is questionable. I haven't heard of a plan to monitor his minutes, it seems like Jeff is just doing it as a best practice, competent coach move. What did you hear about them monitoring his minutes? I may have missed something with the season starting early and baseball being on.

When people say monitoring his minutes, do they mean observing his minutes and being aware of his minutes, or limiting his minutes? I'm really asking.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/10/2017  1:20 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

When people say monitoring his minutes, do they mean observing his minutes and being aware of his minutes, or limiting his minutes? I'm really asking.

The former. To me anyway..

Knickoftime

11/10/2017  2:17 PM
Finestrg wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The former. To me anyway..

Then yes, they are almost certainly already doing that.

How about these adjustments

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy