Member: #3370

11/8/2017  10:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:Good minutes for Willy. Maybe he can get some more going ahead. I think they have to keep him involved.

We can't play 3 centers....

There have been some opportunities to get him some minutes IMO. Not saying we actually play him major rotation minutes. Just don't see why it has to be long stretches of DNP's.

I feel you but we have to draw the line in the sand. KOQ and Kanter have been great. Tonight it could have helped to go to Willy earlier in the game, but you don't want the 2 guys playing well to lose their edge because they think Willy is going to steal their minutes.

I think we could have won this game or made the score tight going down the final stretch of the game .. If coach Horn would have used a 10-Man rotation in the end of a back to back .. Horn played a 9 man rotation last night vs Hornets, today Horn played a 9 man rotation vs the Magic .. Horn psych need to be examine thoroughly for thinking Beasley could replace KP in the 9 man rotation .. WTF

So which one player would have made the ultimate difference?

We keep getting reminded of our weakness with every loss. We clearly need another player than can score 14-18 a game every night. A small fwd or some kind of swing man. It's a long sessdiin but there are options out there

Such as?

And even if they get that player, they're still gonna lose games. Hell I'd sign up for 1 outta every 2 right now.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/8/2017  11:09 PM
Even with the improved play of Jack and Frank, most teams have us beat in terms of PG's that can break down a defense and score. We also are weak at SF in terms of a versatile scoring threat. Any improvements in these areas will have a significant impact.

All of our guards are fairly similar so maybe that's why they have interest in Burke who is at least a change of pace. I can see him eventually getting the call up to see if he can be that change of pace spark plug type. He's not a big time player of course but sometimes just giving teams a different look can help. A smaller quicker and shiftier PG that is a scoring threat could round out the team a bit.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/8/2017  11:10 PM
nixluva wrote: Just don't see why it has to be long stretches of DNP's.

Defensively, you can't have Kanter and Hernangomez on the floor at the same time. I mean you can do it, but it will cost you badly.

And the Knicks need Kanter's offense right now.

This would and could be a massive opportunity for Beasley right now, except he's sort of a big dummy from a BBIQ standpoint.

OldFan
Member: #446
11/9/2017  12:19 AM
nixluva wrote:Even with the improved play of Jack and Frank, most teams have us beat in terms of PG's that can break down a defense and score. We also are weak at SF in terms of a versatile scoring threat. Any improvements in these areas will have a significant impact.

All of our guards are fairly similar so maybe that's why they have interest in Burke who is at least a change of pace. I can see him eventually getting the call up to see if he can be that change of pace spark plug type. He's not a big time player of course but sometimes just giving teams a different look can help. A smaller quicker and shiftier PG that is a scoring threat could round out the team a bit.

I'm much more interested in having more scoring from positions other than PG. I think our point guards are giving us more than expected. Their most important jobs are managing the offense, distributing the ball and playing defense. They're doing those things better than any point guards we've had in recent history.

Frank will get better at scoring over time but I can wait, he's showing great potential running the team and playing defense.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/9/2017  1:46 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Defensively, you can't have Kanter and Hernangomez on the floor at the same time. I mean you can do it, but it will cost you badly.

This would and could be a massive opportunity for Beasley right now, except he's sort of a big dummy from a BBIQ standpoint.

Beasley looks like a Fish our if water or perhaps the out of place object in “One of these things is not like the other”! Everyone else seems to be on the same page but Beasley. He should be thriving with the opportunities in this offense. He’s not terrible just not as effective as he should be.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/9/2017  4:15 AM
Im not sold on Beasley getting minutes, making Kuz expendable and being a part of this team as a whole. Seems forced. I think he should be a waiving candidate, not for Noah's return, that one should probably be Sessions. Beasley should go to favor Burke and give him a chance as that scoring PG off the bench to change the flavor from Frank and Jack whenever KP is on the bench.
Knicks_Fan
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/9/2017  6:31 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

They can't get any offense out of Kanter if they don't pass him the ball. The dude was shooting 100% from the floor and they stopped going to him. Mindboggling

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/9/2017  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  7:13 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

They can't get any offense out of Kanter if they don't pass him the ball. The dude was shooting 100% from the floor and they stopped going to him. Mindboggling

Couldn't agree more. Completely mind boggling is right. Even with KP, Kanter should be established as a prime scoring threat in the post. That move he threw on Vucevic baseline last night -- he had Nic's head on a swivel. The skill, precision, footwork and finishing ability involved in Kanter's post work is really something to behold. I put this guy's post game right up there with Hakeem Olajuwon's -- that's how impressive it is. No way this guy gets only 5 shots a game or whatever. Establish him as a scoring threat!! I want 15 post attempts minimum. They're insane if they don't make this adjustment eventually.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2017  7:09 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:Good minutes for Willy. Maybe he can get some more going ahead. I think they have to keep him involved.

There have been some opportunities to get him some minutes IMO. Not saying we actually play him major rotation minutes. Just don't see why it has to be long stretches of DNP's.

I feel you but we have to draw the line in the sand. KOQ and Kanter have been great. Tonight it could have helped to go to Willy earlier in the game, but you don't want the 2 guys playing well to lose their edge because they think Willy is going to steal their minutes.

I think we could have won this game or made the score tight going down the final stretch of the game .. If coach Horn would have used a 10-Man rotation in the end of a back to back .. Horn played a 9 man rotation last night vs Hornets, today Horn played a 9 man rotation vs the Magic .. Horn psych need to be examine thoroughly for thinking Beasley could replace KP in the 9 man rotation .. WTF

We keep getting reminded of our weakness with every loss. We clearly need another player than can score 14-18 a game every night. A small fwd or some kind of swing man. It's a long sessdiin but there are options out there

JH had to be thinking Beasley was going to do that this game

B will be an interesting test case on whether to stay patient or cut your loses

(5)(5)
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/9/2017  7:17 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Kemet wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Yep its the last piece
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/9/2017  8:26 AM
Knicksfan wrote:Im not sold on Beasley getting minutes, making Kuz expendable and being a part of this team as a whole. Seems forced. I think he should be a waiving candidate, not for Noah's return, that one should probably be Sessions. Beasley should go to favor Burke and give him a chance as that scoring PG off the bench to change the flavor from Frank and Jack whenever KP is on the bench.

BEasley has not impressed. I'd cut him and keep Kuz at this point.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/9/2017  8:44 AM
why did we only shoot 12 threes and only 13 free throw attempts..the only answer to that is zero penetration
ES
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/9/2017  8:52 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Very true. NY needs him to be instant offense and a bit of a leader and he is neither right now. Add this poor D and you get a net negative. Time to move on? Maybe.

As someone else said this team needs a solid and consistent SF. Lee is too inconsistent and so is Dougie. A bit has to do with the PG play as they need to get guys involved so that they pick up the teams energy. They are learning.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2017  9:11 AM
2nd night of a b2b on the road without your best player. This is your basic NBA loss. Timmy dd a good job trying to pick up the scoring and chipping in 11 boards but the team was gassed.

Regroup, look at the tape and go get em Sat vs. the Kings

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/9/2017  9:32 AM
fishmike wrote:2nd night of a b2b on the road without your best player. This is your basic NBA loss. Timmy dd a good job trying to pick up the scoring and chipping in 11 boards but the team was gassed.

Regroup, look at the tape and go get em Sat vs. the Kings

+1

don't get too high, or too low

(5)(5)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/9/2017  10:18 AM
OldFan wrote:
nixluva wrote:Even with the improved play of Jack and Frank, most teams have us beat in terms of PG's that can break down a defense and score. We also are weak at SF in terms of a versatile scoring threat. Any improvements in these areas will have a significant impact.

I'm much more interested in having more scoring from positions other than PG. I think our point guards are giving us more than expected. Their most important jobs are managing the offense, distributing the ball and playing defense. They're doing those things better than any point guards we've had in recent history.

Frank will get better at scoring over time but I can wait, he's showing great potential running the team and playing defense.

Our PGs are shooting 35 to 39%. It's awfully hard to win NBA games like that.

MS
Member: #724
11/9/2017  10:29 AM
I’m still confused how Beasley gets minutes over Willy. The guy doesn’t do one thing well and that includes score.

Willy certainly has defensive limitations, but offensively scores at will. And his ability to cut to the basket makes the guards jobs easier getting open 3 pointers and pick and roll opportunities. Not to mention he consistently draws fouls. Even if you get him 15 minutes a night he’s going to produce. We need to keep KP healthy.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/9/2017  11:11 AM
MS wrote:I’m still confused how Beasley gets minutes over Willy. The guy doesn’t do one thing well and that includes score.

Willy certainly has defensive limitations, but offensively scores at will. And his ability to cut to the basket makes the guards jobs easier getting open 3 pointers and pick and roll opportunities. Not to mention he consistently draws fouls. Even if you get him 15 minutes a night he’s going to produce. We need to keep KP healthy.

? They play totally different positions. Center vs SF. One of Beasleys biggest problems is lack of an outside shot. A SF needs a consistent outside shot to open up the offense, keep the defense honest and open up drives when the defender comes out.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/9/2017  11:20 AM
MS wrote:I’m still confused how Beasley gets minutes over Willy. The guy doesn’t do one thing well and that includes score.

whose minutes are you cutting? Kanter's KP's or KOQ's?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OldFan
Member: #446
11/9/2017  12:15 PM
OldFan wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Even with the improved play of Jack and Frank, most teams have us beat in terms of PG's that can break down a defense and score. We also are weak at SF in terms of a versatile scoring threat. Any improvements in these areas will have a significant impact.
Our PGs are shooting 35 to 39%. It's awfully hard to win NBA games like that.

The main point is they run the offense and play defense. Which I think is more important for the PGs than scoring and more than we've gotten from our point guards in years.
Rose - could score, but did run the offense or play D.
Calderon - Tried to run the offense but could not score or play D.
Felton - Could not do much of anything.

We're over .500 getting no scoring from our starting 3 and inefficient scoring from our starting 2. If Lee can find a way to score and Timmy gets more efficient I think that's more important than getting scoring from the PGS.

Not saying they don't need to improve just that I'm happy with what we've gotten so far and I don't think the PG lack of scoring is our biggest problem. (And at least they aren't forcing it combined they take less then 10 shots per game.)

Gamethread: KP questionable tonight vs. Magic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy