Member: #6239

11/8/2017  7:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  7:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

What the......... How do you know how strong KP is and how strong T.Duncan was 10 years ago? Duncan wasn't that big a guy, he was big but he wasn't no P.Ewing or even his twin tower partner D.Robinson. KP got much stronger this off season and is much stronger then he was last year. I of course have no way to say how strong he is or if he's stronger then Duncan was 10 years ago but neither do you. I'm sure Duncan was stronger but i don't think it was by much at all really.

No way--Tim Duncan had incredible base strength even at WAke Forest. KPs legs are NO where near Duncans. Also KP is 7-3 Duncan prob 6-10. How many 7-3 guys playing 38 minutes 80 times? I dont think its brain science to monitor KP.
So let me get this straight, you were the one to use Duncan as your example, now you're saying Duncan and KP are not comparable? Huh? And let's continue with your "logic," How many 7-3 guys are shooting threes? Based on your logic, since the answer is nobody that means KP shouldn't shoot threes? It doesn't take brain science to know that your theory didn't incorporate any brain science.

Im not comparing Tim Duncan and KP. Im saying KP should get the Tim Duncan treatment younger than TD started to because hes built lankier. KP with his injury and physical profile should not be pressed on back to backs. And if he gets games off from time to time--thats cool to.

And yet I give you a player who is much more physically comparable to KP (Garnett) in both body type and style of play who did just fine playing heavy minutes and you just ignore it. smh
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2017  9:30 PM
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

What the......... How do you know how strong KP is and how strong T.Duncan was 10 years ago? Duncan wasn't that big a guy, he was big but he wasn't no P.Ewing or even his twin tower partner D.Robinson. KP got much stronger this off season and is much stronger then he was last year. I of course have no way to say how strong he is or if he's stronger then Duncan was 10 years ago but neither do you. I'm sure Duncan was stronger but i don't think it was by much at all really.

No way--Tim Duncan had incredible base strength even at WAke Forest. KPs legs are NO where near Duncans. Also KP is 7-3 Duncan prob 6-10. How many 7-3 guys playing 38 minutes 80 times? I dont think its brain science to monitor KP.
So let me get this straight, you were the one to use Duncan as your example, now you're saying Duncan and KP are not comparable? Huh? And let's continue with your "logic," How many 7-3 guys are shooting threes? Based on your logic, since the answer is nobody that means KP shouldn't shoot threes? It doesn't take brain science to know that your theory didn't incorporate any brain science.

Im not comparing Tim Duncan and KP. Im saying KP should get the Tim Duncan treatment younger than TD started to because hes built lankier. KP with his injury and physical profile should not be pressed on back to backs. And if he gets games off from time to time--thats cool to.

And yet I give you a player who is much more physically comparable to KP (Garnett) in both body type and style of play who did just fine playing heavy minutes and you just ignore it. smh

K Garnett never had an injury profile like KP and hes not 7-3. They prescient way to manage KP is to monitor his minutes for the sake of long term stability.
RIP Crushalot😞
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/8/2017  10:56 PM

The Phoenix Suns did something interesting with Steve Nash. They pulled him before the end of the 1st quarter and he did not start on the floor at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. The idea was extended rest was more valuable than more frequent spaced out rest periods. Tough to argue with the Suns, they managed to fix up Grant Hill and Jermaine O'Neal into useful reserves at the end of their careers.

Defensively, the Knicks can help Zinger by taking away some of his rim protection responsibilities. That means rolling out with Noah and/or KOQ more.

Offensively, the Knicks are really going to need THJr to create his own shot more consistently. No one else on the roster will be able to do it, it all, besides him. This would relieve some of the offensive pressure on Zinger. Barring this, the team could try to shade Zinger offensively a little more by jacking up more three pointers. The team really needs a Stretch 4 or Stretch 5 somewhere when Zinger is off the floor.

Getting McDermott into a groove would really help this team.

Minutes are one thing, actual responsibilities on the floor are another.

BRIGGS
11/8/2017  11:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  11:25 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

The Phoenix Suns did something interesting with Steve Nash. They pulled him before the end of the 1st quarter and he did not start on the floor at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. The idea was extended rest was more valuable than more frequent spaced out rest periods. Tough to argue with the Suns, they managed to fix up Grant Hill and Jermaine O'Neal into useful reserves at the end of their careers.

Defensively, the Knicks can help Zinger by taking away some of his rim protection responsibilities. That means rolling out with Noah and/or KOQ more.

Offensively, the Knicks are really going to need THJr to create his own shot more consistently. No one else on the roster will be able to do it, it all, besides him. This would relieve some of the offensive pressure on Zinger. Barring this, the team could try to shade Zinger offensively a little more by jacking up more three pointers. The team really needs a Stretch 4 or Stretch 5 somewhere when Zinger is off the floor.

Getting McDermott into a groove would really help this team.

Minutes are one thing, actual responsibilities on the floor are another.

Absolutely--someone said it last night--were going to need some north and south guards. Guys who can make their own shot and get to the basket. Weve seen some good things over the first 10-11 games--but what we have done--coming back from double digits multiple times and catching other teams a bit off guard is not sustainable. For us to be really good we CANT rely on KP for 35 points every night. Were in a rebuilding phase and while we all had sugar plums dancing in our heads--and rightfully so--the realism is we are a ways off. Anyone who doesnt understand or doesnt realize that KP will need to be monitored for minutes is just jack wrong and lets not kill him this year. Hes playing with a much better pace--slowed his game down and moved to the mid range for the most part. But now hes going to take hatched jobs night in and out from here on in which guys like Patrick could absorb--well have to wait and see with KP.

RIP Crushalot😞
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/8/2017  11:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote: Guys who can make their own shot and get to the basket.

Briggs, they are going to have to shoot more threes.

They aren't in a position to trade for more help. When and if Ron Baker starts to pick it up, they can do more to get McDermott on the 2nd unit with him and KOQ and hope he can spread the floor and start bombing teams from long range. Dotson's best skill set is long range shooting but he's a rookie and you can't expect much or anything from a raw rookie.

Plenty of teams compensate for lack of shot creators by just bombing away. Don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Knicks just need to do it.

BRIGGS
11/8/2017  11:50 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

They aren't in a position to trade for more help. When and if Ron Baker starts to pick it up, they can do more to get McDermott on the 2nd unit with him and KOQ and hope he can spread the floor and start bombing teams from long range. Dotson's best skill set is long range shooting but he's a rookie and you can't expect much or anything from a raw rookie.

Plenty of teams compensate for lack of shot creators by just bombing away. Don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Knicks just need to do it.

Grayson Allen would be a good Knick. Hes got the combination of skills from the 1-2 that we lack. High level athleticism ability to get to the basket and 3 ball. hes going to be in that 2nd tier of draft slots which we likely will be in 10-17. I think were going to(probably) miss that great first tier of players but maybe the 2nd tier fits the team better anyway.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/9/2017  12:53 AM
take a guess at when the first time Duncan played less than 30mpg in his career....age 33 season. stop the insanity
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0

11/9/2017  8:56 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  9:08 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Nothing new, Pat Riley did that with Kareem back in the day.
Welpee

11/9/2017  9:08 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

K Garnett never had an injury profile like KP and hes not 7-3. They prescient way to manage KP is to monitor his minutes for the sake of long term stability.
And Duncan isn't 7-3 either but yet you referenced him as your prime example to try and "prove" your point (then later pointing out how Duncan doesn't compare).

And what is KP's "injury profile?" I'm not sure why you're so obsessed with his height with regard to injuries. If he were 7-3 300 lbs maybe. But his height relative to his weight should have no impact on his injury potential. And I guess using your logic we should've played Ewing 25 minutes per game after his 2nd season since he missed 51 games his first two seasons (compared to KP missing 27 games) based on his "injury profile." Oh, I forgot, Ewing was "only" 7-0 and KP is 7-3.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/9/2017  10:09 AM
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Kareem was like 40 when Riley did that!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2017  10:49 AM
I have never seen a 7'3 player like KP. He does scoop shots to the rim, banks jumpers, has a crossover and blows by opponent with his length!
Duncan played the 4 for years and it helped.
Kareem was genetically gifted with a light frame. He came to the league at age 22. Dunan age 20 after 4 years at Wake.
Remember Longstreet? Dude that was fired from knicks and we all thought it was to punish KP? He was the dude that trained him last year and basically ran him into the ground. KP has his own guy that built him strong in the off season and promotes KP to rest, not train as hard during the season.
If you guys read and then form your own opinion one might formulate there is a different approach to KP this season. Forget the Media, KP and knicks will tell us what they want us.
I did read that KP quoted saying "Not going to let injuries pile up". So take all we know, Longstreet gone, new guy in, training different, more rest one can put this all together and not be critical for Knicks repeating what happened last year, but there is a different formula for KP.
Briggs will no doubt take credit for KP's getting rest. Put out enough stuff one is bound to be successful.
Nalod
USA
11/9/2017  10:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Grayson Allen would be a good Knick. Hes got the combination of skills from the 1-2 that we lack. High level athleticism ability to get to the basket and 3 ball. hes going to be in that 2nd tier of draft slots which we likely will be in 10-17. I think were going to(probably) miss that great first tier of players but maybe the 2nd tier fits the team better anyway.

Favorite Trumplike pivot. When briggs is called out, deflect to a potential draft pick to keep us busy. When Trump is in trouble, they pivot to Hillary or Obama.
Not a bad pick idea, but why this now?
Aren't we talking about KP and his minutes?

Welpee

11/9/2017  11:03 AM
franco12 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Kareem was like 40 when Riley did that!

That is completely not true.
Welpee

11/9/2017  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  11:06 AM
Nalod wrote:I have never seen a 7'3 player like KP. He does scoop shots to the rim, banks jumpers, has a crossover and blows by opponent with his length!
Kareem was genetically gifted with a light frame. He came to the league at age 22. Dunan age 20 after 4 years at Wake.
Remember Longstreet? Dude that was fired from knicks and we all thought it was to punish KP? He was the dude that trained him last year and basically ran him into the ground. KP has his own guy that built him strong in the off season and promotes KP to rest, not train as hard during the season.
If you guys read and then form your own opinion one might formulate there is a different approach to KP this season. Forget the Media, KP and knicks will tell us what they want us.
I did read that KP quoted saying "Not going to let injuries pile up". So take all we know, Longstreet gone, new guy in, training different, more rest one can put this all together and not be critical for Knicks repeating what happened last year, but there is a different formula for KP.
Briggs will no doubt take credit for KP's getting rest. Put out enough stuff one is bound to be successful.
Not sure what you're ultimate point is, but from what I read the "rest" KP is getting this season has more to do with practice and recovery time versus restricting his on the court minutes.
nyk4ever
USA
11/9/2017  11:26 AM
Nalod wrote:I have never seen a 7'3 player like KP. He does scoop shots to the rim, banks jumpers, has a crossover and blows by opponent with his length!

i’m surprised you didn’t make a thread announcing your return...what’s the matter, not enough attention in that?

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/9/2017  2:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  2:10 PM
In this age of homespun 'wisdom' over facts and data, there is nothing here approaching an empirical-based argument.

Even forgiving the common confusion between correlation and causation and assuming (for poor arguments sake) KP's more injury prone because he 7'3", what's lacking here is any attempt to quantify how many games and how many minutes increase risk and to what degree in any way whatsoever.

All we have are the usual suspects pulling numbers literally out of their asses, offering their made-up numbers as an analysis and chastising others for not being as fake-wise as they are.

Nalod
USA
11/9/2017  2:20 PM
nyk4ever wrote:

i’m surprised you didn’t make a thread announcing your return...what’s the matter, not enough attention in that?

Nalod not back. Nalod just Trolling.
Nalod uses third person to discuss I and myself.
Nalod regrets the thread. Was angry at the time and felt it was the only way to detach.
I am not as successful as I thought I'd be, but Im trying. Won't bite my lip on the bullshyt so im drawn back in.

nyk4ever
USA
11/9/2017  2:46 PM
Nalod wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:

Nalod not back. Nalod just Trolling.
Nalod uses third person to discuss I and myself.
Nalod regrets the thread. Was angry at the time and felt it was the only way to detach.
I am not as successful as I thought I'd be, but Im trying. Won't bite my lip on the bullshyt so im drawn back in.

fair enough man. for the first time ever, you actually responded without the histrionics and bs, i can dig it.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/9/2017  2:51 PM
Happy KP got the game off
We need to keep him fresh and healthy
You just worry the way he runs and jumps that he may just get Gordon Haywarded at some point
Keep KP at 25 minutes tonight on B-B

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy