[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keep KP at 25 minutes tonight on B-B
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/8/2017  10:25 AM
A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

11/8/2017  10:32 AM
That before or after he's traded to Phoenix for Josh Jackson?

Never Forget.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/8/2017  10:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.

He and Kanter looked gassed last night. Dwight will do that. Cha has a very good and big front line. KP's minutes were curbed last night. We will see what he brings tonight. I would expect Jeff to go deeper tonight. Maybe see someone like Willy or Dotson get some extra burn.

That being said Lee (35) and THj (33) were the only guys who broke 30 minutes last night. I am mostly curious to see how this squad plays on the road vs. a good Orlando team.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/8/2017  11:03 AM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:A HUGE HUGE key for the Knicks is managing KP's minutes and health. To me its the number 1 priority. Even at 22--KP should receive the Tim Duncan treatment--and I dont have to say why---Tim lasted until he was 40. KP has a HUGE risk profile with his build. We need ultra care and a long term view with him. I would keep KP at 75 games 28-30 minutes max.

He and Kanter looked gassed last night. Dwight will do that. Cha has a very good and big front line. KP's minutes were curbed last night. We will see what he brings tonight. I would expect Jeff to go deeper tonight. Maybe see someone like Willy or Dotson get some extra burn.

That being said Lee (35) and THj (33) were the only guys who broke 30 minutes last night. I am mostly curious to see how this squad plays on the road vs. a good Orlando team.

Will Isaac remember to wear his team shorts under his sweats? (did you see that, I think last week; reminded me of Potsie from Happy Days)

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/8/2017  11:19 AM
fishmike wrote:

I'm sure of it that he will go deeper into the bench like he did last time off a back to back.

Orlando is a tough matchup though. They can match our front court and wings. Payton and Augustine may be out though at the PG position.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/8/2017  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  11:41 AM
I agree. We've got a very deep team -- tonight's a good night to try to make that depth work for us.. Maybe guys like Willy and Beasley get dusted off and see some mins. Maybe Dotson too..
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/8/2017  11:45 AM
KP also has to learn to pick his spots. The Knicks need him to win. Playing him 28-30 mins is not gonna work. We need him unavailable for 30 plus minutes every night. The coach can give him rest when he needs it but you can't win with your best player getting the Amare treatment.... can't say Duncan cuz our team isn't as seasoned as the spurs yet
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg

11/8/2017  11:46 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'm sure of it that he will go deeper into the bench like he did last time off a back to back.

Orlando is a tough matchup though. They can match our front court and wings. Payton and Augustine may be out though at the PG position.

I saw that.. How serious are their injuries? I wonder if they'd be interested in Sessions. Sessions or Sessions and a sweetener (Dotson?) for the rights to Janis Timma and cash? Two roster spots freed up to promote Trey Burke and work on getting Timma over here this year at some point.

???

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/8/2017  11:47 AM
Beasley definitely will be needed tonight though. Orlando is a mobile team. He's gonna have to be ready to give us double figures like he did the other night
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
11/8/2017  11:47 AM
Finestrg wrote:I agree. We've got a very deep team -- tonight's a good night to try to make that depth work for us.. Maybe guys like Willy and Beasley get dusted off and see some mins. Maybe Dotson too..

Yep--go 11-12 deep. Dotson and Willy can give 5-10 minutes. Either full team wins or losses. KP can do damage in 24 minutes.

RIP Crushalot😞
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/8/2017  12:28 PM
If KP is to be labeled a superstar, the. Playing 30+ minutes a night comes with the territory. Let him play 32 33 whichbis less than those ahead of him in the ESPN RANKINGS. Payton may not play so the key IMO is playing Thomas Beasley eenough to keep Gordon honest defensively or else he will be the difference maker. They are deep clearly so perhaps even Wily gets a burn. Two more games it’d be Noah!
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/8/2017  12:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  12:47 PM
please don't run kp into the ground like MDA did Amare and Lin..
ES
Finestrg

11/8/2017  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  12:50 PM
Paris907 wrote:If KP is to be labeled a superstar, the. Playing 30+ minutes a night comes with the territory. Let him play 32 33 whichbis less than those ahead of him in the ESPN RANKINGS. Payton may not play so the key IMO is playing Thomas Beasley eenough to keep Gordon honest defensively or else he will be the difference maker. They are deep clearly so perhaps even Wily gets a burn. Two more games it’d be Noah!

Man, I want no part of Noah at all. He let this team down getting suspended and he's just not the good anymore anyway. Terrible last year.. Terrible for the Bulls his last year there. Who does he play over? Definitely not KP, Kanter or KOQ. I wouldn't even play him over Willy if it came down to it.
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/8/2017  1:03 PM
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.
fishmike
USA
11/8/2017  1:27 PM
Welpee wrote:
While we're at it lets wrap him in bubble wrap during road trips and make him wear a surgical mask while in public.
might hurt his dating mojo
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/8/2017  1:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  1:31 PM
if this team is serious about making the playoffs there is not a chance in hell they let KP have tea time during this game. Orlando is one of the 'better than expected' teams and we need to win every game we play against them
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
11/8/2017  1:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  1:34 PM
Welpee wrote:

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

RIP Crushalot😞
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/8/2017  1:39 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

You sound like you are young--so Ill teach you something. Its a marathon not a sprint and I mean in years. Tim Duncan helped the Spurs to 5 championships and may other big time runs. He DID play big minutes early in his career BUT his base strength is MUCH MUCH stronger than KP. KP is NOT Built as strong as Tim Duncan. Duncan had his minutes monitored from age 28 on. We need KP for many years--you dont want to start running him tired at 22. Did you see the difference between the last two games? He was shot last night and that was with 28 minutes. The easiest way to get injured is when your body is let down. Im not so focused on a MUST WIN type back to back game. I want to win but Im not doing it at the expense of KP logging 38-40 minutes game 11. Play hard play smart for 24-25 minutes and let other guys help out.

how old is KP?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
11/8/2017  1:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

First 6 years Duncan played every game and just under 40 minutes per
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/8/2017  1:43 PM
KP is nothing like Tim Duncan.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Keep KP at 25 minutes tonight on B-B

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy