[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lance and frank defensive duo
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29900
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  10:28 PM
Having these two in the end of games has really been a blessing. Even the other 3 players seem to feed off them and make good defensive plays themselves down the stretch
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Posts: 28470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2017  10:30 PM
It seems like while Kanter is a great combo with KP to start, Lance is the right guy down the stretch. And Frank already earning big 4th quarter minutes is amazing. He is a game-changer on defense.
VDesai
Posts: 33996
Alba Posts: 43
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2017  10:35 PM
Lockdown Lance. Give him huge credit for boxing out. He's straight up smothered Kemba at the end.
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23980
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  10:39 PM
Our bench was +37 today

Lance +18
Ntilikina +11

Doug +6
KOQ +2
The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
Knixkik
Posts: 28470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2017  10:49 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Our bench was +37 today

Lance +18
Ntilikina +11

Doug +6
KOQ +2

As much as some other guys deserve playing time, the shorter rotation just works. Hopefully guys like Willy and Beasley stay positive. They will be needed as the season goes on. But the top 9 on the team got the job done tonight.

meloshouldgo
Posts: 23980
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  10:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Our bench was +37 today

Lance +18
Ntilikina +11

Doug +6
KOQ +2

As much as some other guys deserve playing time, the shorter rotation just works. Hopefully guys like Willy and Beasley stay positive. They will be needed as the season goes on. But the top 9 on the team got the job done tonight.

Think the absence of Beasley is indicative of what happens when Noah comes back?

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29900
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  10:55 PM
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Our bench was +37 today

Lance +18
Ntilikina +11

Doug +6
KOQ +2

As much as some other guys deserve playing time, the shorter rotation just works. Hopefully guys like Willy and Beasley stay positive. They will be needed as the season goes on. But the top 9 on the team got the job done tonight.

i think willy is fine. He knows that Perry has said they arent trading him pretty much. His time will come.
Knixkik
Posts: 28470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #11
USA
11/7/2017  11:15 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Our bench was +37 today

Lance +18
Ntilikina +11

Doug +6
KOQ +2

As much as some other guys deserve playing time, the shorter rotation just works. Hopefully guys like Willy and Beasley stay positive. They will be needed as the season goes on. But the top 9 on the team got the job done tonight.

i think willy is fine. He knows that Perry has said they arent trading him pretty much. His time will come.

I agree.

Chandler
Posts: 22315
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

11/8/2017  8:09 AM
Glad to see lance contributing again

With his foot injuries I thought he was done

I still flinch a little when he winds up for a shot

DJMUSIC: Fisher talked a good game in Post game but aside from that Derek Fisher was ALL CHIT CHAT SH_t and produced nothing!
TripleThreat
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

11/8/2017  11:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Think the absence of Beasley is indicative of what happens when Noah comes back?


I think it's indicative that there are some pet rocks that are smarter than Mike Beasley.

If there was a spelling bee with Mike Tyson, Emmitt Smith, Kevin Garnett and Mike Beasley, Beasley would lose. Think what that really says about Beasley and his mental acumen.....

Sometimes I watch Beasley play, and I think, just chase the guy with the ball dude. Be like a cat, chase the ball. Be like a cat, chase the ball....

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
fishmike
Posts: 47703
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2017  9:32 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Think the absence of Beasley is indicative of what happens when Noah comes back?


I think it's indicative that there are some pet rocks that are smarter than Mike Beasley.

If there was a spelling bee with Mike Tyson, Emmitt Smith, Kevin Garnett and Mike Beasley, Beasley would lose. Think what that really says about Beasley and his mental acumen.....

Sometimes I watch Beasley play, and I think, just chase the guy with the ball dude. Be like a cat, chase the ball. Be like a cat, chase the ball....

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23980
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

11/9/2017  7:32 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Think the absence of Beasley is indicative of what happens when Noah comes back?


I think it's indicative that there are some pet rocks that are smarter than Mike Beasley.

If there was a spelling bee with Mike Tyson, Emmitt Smith, Kevin Garnett and Mike Beasley, Beasley would lose. Think what that really says about Beasley and his mental acumen.....

Sometimes I watch Beasley play, and I think, just chase the guy with the ball dude. Be like a cat, chase the ball. Be like a cat, chase the ball....

While I don't disagree, what you have to wonder is what they were thinking when they signed him? I mean this isn't exactly breaking news.

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22707
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/10/2017  7:05 AM
I like closing with Lance at 3, Frank at 1. I don't like KP at 5, he can get banged up pretty hard.

Our best defensive lineup could be

O'Quinn
Porzingis
Thomas
Hardaway or Lee
Frank

This should be our go to lineup in the 4th quarter in many games.

reub
Posts: 21273
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

11/10/2017  11:33 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I like closing with Lance at 3, Frank at 1. I don't like KP at 5, he can get banged up pretty hard.

Our best defensive lineup could be

O'Quinn
Porzingis
Thomas
Hardaway or Lee
Frank

This should be our go to lineup in the 4th quarter in many games.

True. KP played 5 minutes at the five and got all bruised up and missed the next game.

Kemet
Posts: 20788
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/23/2015
Member: #6148

11/10/2017  2:46 PM
reub wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:I like closing with Lance at 3, Frank at 1. I don't like KP at 5, he can get banged up pretty hard.

Our best defensive lineup could be

O'Quinn
Porzingis
Thomas
Hardaway or Lee
Frank

This should be our go to lineup in the 4th quarter in many games.

True. KP played 5 minutes at the five and got all bruised up and missed the next game.


So far our best defensive lineup has been .. Frank Lee Lance KP and Quinn ..

StarksEwing1 wrote:
i think willy is fine. He knows that Perry has said they arent trading him pretty much. His time will come.

When i watch Willy perform all last season i kept wondering why coach Horn has Willy at the center when Willy skills n athleticism are perfect at the PF position throughout Willy's first 2 to 4 season in the NBA.
Horn not giving Willy any playing time till the garbage minutes of the Magic game, shows the confusion between Horn and Willy's skills.

TripleThreat
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 2/24/2012
Member: #3997

11/10/2017  9:50 PM
Kemet wrote:When i watch Willy perform all last season i kept wondering why coach Horn has Willy at the center when Willy skills n athleticism are perfect at the PF position throughout Willy's first 2 to 4 season in the NBA.
Horn not giving Willy any playing time till the garbage minutes of the Magic game, shows the confusion between Horn and Willy's skills.


Hernangomez is playing pretty poorly right now. His defense is a mess. His fundamentals are really lacking at the moment. His skill set and Kanters overlap a little too much for them both to be on the floor at the same time. The defensive black hole with both on the floor is too hard to overcome as well.

Kanter is needed on the floor for his offense. His offense is more reliable. Some of that is push/pull with THJr and his offensive production.

On this end, Hernangomez has to do more when he does get limited minutes ( this is not about production, but about effort and good decision making)

He's also got to develop a consistent three point shot. If he could offer some Stretch 5 capability, he'd be getting more minutes right now. The other issue is KOQ is being featured somewhat for trade purposes. Someone is going to get hurt, when they do, Hernangomez NEEDS to be ready to contribute when his chance comes.

Since you came on this board you have been way off in regards to trade value. - Briggs 7/28/2015
KEEPCAMBYNY
Posts: 20256
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/12/2001
Member: #86
USA
11/11/2017  1:47 AM
What is great about Frank/Lance/Lee is that they can switch with one another and not create any mismatches. All three guys can guard 1 - 3 easily.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
blkexec
Posts: 24144
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2004
Member: #748
11/13/2017  8:21 AM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:What is great about Frank/Lance/Lee is that they can switch with one another and not create any mismatches. All three guys can guard 1 - 3 easily.

Yep....while Dennis Smith jr was having problems guarding anybody yesterday. Now it was against Westbrook but Smith looked closer to 6ft vs 6'3 compared to Westbrook who's listed at 6'4 I think.

Smith will be a very solid offensive player.....But he needs the ball in his hands which could hurt his team dynamics. But what Smith doesn't have.......Frank has.

Q: What is the difference between a Knicks fan and a baby? A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.
Lance and frank defensive duo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.