WOJ: Bledsoe to Bucks
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2017  12:10 PM
Welpee wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I feel like we dodged a bullet
The real bullet dodged was Phil not being able to sign Greg Monroe.

Yeah it was lol but we got blindsided by the Noah bullet

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

11/7/2017  12:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:
The real bullet dodged was Phil not being able to sign Greg Monroe.

Yeah it was lol but we got blindsided by the Noah bullet

I was just thinking of how Phil got raked across the coals for not signing Monroe. Anyway, this is indicative of how the traditional big man is valued in today's game. And I am glad we didn't give up one of our bigs and a #1 and 2 for Bledsoe.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/7/2017  12:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Agree. Definitely would have been a classic Knicks move. Especially giving up a first rounder.

21pts, 5rbs, 6.3 ast, 27 yrs old, and would have played all 82 games if the suns didn't shut him down to play the young guys last season.

To me this was more like not getting lowry when we had a chance. I would have traded anyone but frank, kp, and thj.

There's no 1st rnd pick coming in putting up those numbers, and if we make the playoffs, that first rnd pick maybe 15-20

Meh! The Knicks simply aren’t in desperation mode at this point. Not with a bunch of kids 25 or younger. Bledsoe would be a big upgrade but being patient doesn’t really hurt the Knicks.

why would that be consider desperate, he's 27 with 2 yrs left on his contract. Im not even going to put to much into this because it's already a done deal, but at some point the knicks will have to make trades to upgrade the roster

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/7/2017  12:58 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Agree. Definitely would have been a classic Knicks move. Especially giving up a first rounder.

21pts, 5rbs, 6.3 ast, 27 yrs old, and would have played all 82 games if the suns didn't shut him down to play the young guys last season.

To me this was more like not getting lowry when we had a chance. I would have traded anyone but frank, kp, and thj.

There's no 1st rnd pick coming in putting up those numbers, and if we make the playoffs, that first rnd pick maybe 15-20

He will be 28 very soon...has had injury issues in the past...cannot hit the 3...and did not want to lead a young, rebuilding, and talented Suns team.

I don't know the politics on that team, but I prefer to see how this group of Knicks develop through the season...and wait to the trade deadline to make moves.

Not sure how he fits with the Bucks. You have the GF, who is a point-type player, some nice guards who, from what I can recall, play D, and Bledsoe cannot even spread the floor on offense.

He is not a bad player, but unless we could have given them Noah, Kuz...and maybe the Chicago #2, there was nothing I was willing to part with for him.

the fan base over there are petitioning for the owner to sell the team, they are consider the worst run franchise in the league, so im not surprise the dude wanted out. 2 yrs is not much of a risk

ES
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/7/2017  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Meh! The Knicks simply aren’t in desperation mode at this point. Not with a bunch of kids 25 or younger. Bledsoe would be a big upgrade but being patient doesn’t really hurt the Knicks.

why would that be consider desperate, he's 27 with 2 yrs left on his contract. Im not even going to put to much into this because it's already a done deal, but at some point the knicks will have to make trades to upgrade the roster

Not for draft picks anytime soon they don't.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/7/2017  2:00 PM
So was it ever settled? Is Monroe better than Rolo?
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/7/2017  2:22 PM
jrodmc wrote:So was it ever settled? Is Monroe better than Rolo?

I thought we had it on good authority that Monroe was 100x better than Rolo (until he wasn't -- in which case Willy was better than KP, even though KP was his second favorite player in the draft and by 2nd he meant somewhere south of kaminsky, but certainly worth trading for goofy-shotted Jackson and who knows what else) [sorry Briggs]

And of course both were worse than Boban

(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2017  3:57 PM
Chandler wrote:
jrodmc wrote:So was it ever settled? Is Monroe better than Rolo?

I thought we had it on good authority that Monroe was 100x better than Rolo (until he wasn't -- in which case Willy was better than KP, even though KP was his second favorite player in the draft and by 2nd he meant somewhere south of kaminsky, but certainly worth trading for goofy-shotted Jackson and who knows what else) [sorry Briggs]

And of course both were worse than Boban

SO GOOD
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/7/2017  4:26 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:So...could the Bucks use a big from a certain team with an abundance of bigs?

At this stage, what can they send back?

Combo of Parker and another player. Risky for both sides.

Bucks are in a pickle with their cap numbers over the next few years, got a lot of decisions to make.

middleton + filler for noah and willy? lol anything to not give up bruiser KOQ and offensive rebounding machine kanter.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/7/2017  5:43 PM
Bucks are building a solid team.

Look for them to sign Okafor now. This team will give the top teams problems for sure. They now have a chance for the EC finals. Can they win it? WIth the Greek Freak, I say it is possible.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  5:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

Now we can give Perry credit for not pulling a bonehead move. Noir sure what tgis digress for the Bucks, who will start at the 5? Thon maker?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

11/7/2017  5:51 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:So...could the Bucks use a big from a certain team with an abundance of bigs?

Bucks are in a pickle with their cap numbers over the next few years, got a lot of decisions to make.

They seem to be making their own situation worse. Thank God its them starfukking for selfish pricks, makes for a really nice change if you are a Knicks fan

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/7/2017  5:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Now we can give Perry credit for not pulling a bonehead move. Noir sure what tgis digress for the Bucks, who will start at the 5? Thon maker?

Monroe hasn't been starting anyway. Maker and Henson have been starting. Monroe has less minutes than either of them.

meloshouldgo

11/7/2017  6:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Monroe hasn't been starting anyway. Maker and Henson have been starting. Monroe has less minutes than either of them.

He is hurt, has been since training camp

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  6:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  6:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

basically you wanted the classic "knicks trade first round picks plus young talent for injury prone big contract veteran." I think we have gone down that bad road too many times
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2017  6:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They seem to be making their own situation worse. Thank God its them starfukking for selfish pricks, makes for a really nice change if you are a Knicks fan

it complicates their cap a bit but if Bledsoe can stay healthy this was a really good move for the bucks. That team has a lot of tough defensive players. I think this is more a case of bad organization vs bad apple player. He hasn't been happy since they sat him to improve their tanking.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/7/2017  6:59 PM
So does he start or plays as the 6th man? I imagine they will let him start then rest early only to finish the 1st and start the 2nd qtr
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/7/2017  7:28 PM
Wow that's insane. The Bledsoe trade is exactly what I proposed for kanter. Restricted #1 and 2 in 2018?? They would've been better w kanter than bledsoe
RIP Crushalot😞
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/7/2017  8:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Wow that's insane. The Bledsoe trade is exactly what I proposed for kanter. Restricted #1 and 2 in 2018?? They would've been better w kanter than bledsoe

Monroe is an EXPIRING CONTRACT

Kanter is likely to OPT IN to his deal next year.

Many here have told you , and you just don't seem to care, given the situation with Jabari Parker, moving a pick would mean the Bucks getting Kanter would do so for more than a rental. Meaning Kanter would DRIVE THEM INTO THE TAX ZONE. They already have a big they want to dump in Henson. So add another year of a big who can't defend the rim and can't space the floor and give up an asset to do it.

NO team is going into the tax zone to get Enes Kanter.

What part of this is not registering with you dude?

NO TEAM IN THE NBA WANTS TO INTENTIONALLY GO INTO THE LUXURY TAX TO GET ENES KANTER

If I do it like a wall, then will you stop ignoring the issue then?

Let's try it

NO TEAM IN THE NBA WANTS TO INTENTIONALLY GO INTO THE LUXURY TAX TO GET ENES KANTER

WOJ: Bledsoe to Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy