Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/7/2017  7:23 PM
martin wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Think we should cut Beasley before we cut Kuzminskas.

Kuz is making 3.1 million this year and 3.8 million next year.

Depending on the terms of a possible buyout, the Knicks will eat the cap charge ( assuming he's not stretched) implied and take some cash savings depending the terms of the buyout.

While it seems nonsensical on the surface, NBA team will try to save a few million on a player they aren't going to use anyway. Cavs dumped Mike Miller to save on their luxury tax bill. They traded two 2nd rounders to dump Richard Jefferson for the same reason.

Baseline issue - Cutting Beasley does not offer any potential cash savings. Waiving Kuz in a buyout might. It depends on if the Knicks see the 2018 3.8 million cap charge as a pure sunk cost or not.

The league administration is not a fan of watching international guys get trapped onto rosters by virtue of their contracts. It's not good for international competition over the long haul, thus impacts Team USA basketball indirectly, thus impacts the NBA's place in the Olympics in general. Depending on the promises made to Kuz and his agent, this could be a long term sensitive issue in terms of courting international players for the future. It's better to buy him out and let him go if he has no use here.

So this is the first time I've heard of the extra $3.8M year, some salary sites have him on an ending contract this year for $3.1m

I hadn't heard of a third year either but hoops hype has it on their team salary page.
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york_knicks/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/7/2017  7:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Do you think a KOQ/Kuz package could land us Noel. He'd be a better fit for the front court defensively. Of course, we'd have to pay him.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/6/16612006/mavericks-screwing-nerlens-noel-and-their-future

He is averaging 4 points a game sand not doing anything else very well why would we want Noel?

His per 36 #s are decent and he's probably the team's best defensive big. The question should be why aren't the Mavs giving him more minutes. Just throwing the name out there.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/8/2017  8:05 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Surprised that we didnt even see Kuz in the preseason. Sounds like they made a commitment to move him
before the season started. At least he's healthy as far as we know. Any draft pick woukd be great.

He was recovering from injury?

Not that I know of. Was saying that I dont know of any injury that would keep him on the bench. Pretty sure we would have heard something by now,

He was nursing an ankle, think he hurt it early in training camp, that's why he missed all but 1 preseason game.

LOL, thats news to me. Sounds like he might get cut if they cant move him.

I would think we can get at least another guard for him

OMG why do you post here

Dude...aren't you the owner of this site?

martin has a track record of letting someone get their **** together before they get banned... hopefully 1248 gets his **** together because frankly his posts are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent posts was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on the messageboard is now dumber for having read it.

Not the point.

As the owner, he has to maintain a level of professional around here that all will follow. If there is a problem with the way member posts, he should message him or her, privately, to discuss it and try and address the issue not air it out in public for all to see. Doing so gives everyone else the green light to do it.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=3582

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/8/2017  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  8:54 AM
Orlando has the rights to Janis Timma. I like this guy a lot. He can play. Think he's better than Kuz and a tad younger. Plus he and KP have familiarity having played together on the Latvian national team. Another plus is that we don't have a need to add him right now--he'd just be an asset we could tuck away for next year. Kuz to Orlando for Timma and cash? Gotta look at their roster and see what's up--who's hurt and what they might need.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/8/2017  9:02 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Surprised that we didnt even see Kuz in the preseason. Sounds like they made a commitment to move him
before the season started. At least he's healthy as far as we know. Any draft pick woukd be great.

Not that I know of. Was saying that I dont know of any injury that would keep him on the bench. Pretty sure we would have heard something by now,

He was nursing an ankle, think he hurt it early in training camp, that's why he missed all but 1 preseason game.

OMG why do you post here

martin has a track record of letting someone get their **** together before they get banned... hopefully 1248 gets his **** together because frankly his posts are some of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent posts was he even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on the messageboard is now dumber for having read it.

Not the point.

As the owner, he has to maintain a level of professional around here that all will follow. If there is a problem with the way member posts, he should message him or her, privately, to discuss it and try and address the issue not air it out in public for all to see. Doing so gives everyone else the green light to do it.

you've obviously never seen Billy Madison

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/8/2017  9:14 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

OMG why do you post here

Not the point.

I'm not even sweating that , I've been posting here for over a decade, I don't take any of this sht personal because I don't know anyone on here. All I care about is the knicks building a winner. How ever we get there, we get there.

ES
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/8/2017  9:41 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Do you think a KOQ/Kuz package could land us Noel. He'd be a better fit for the front court defensively. Of course, we'd have to pay him.
https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/6/16612006/mavericks-screwing-nerlens-noel-and-their-future

He is averaging 4 points a game sand not doing anything else very well why would we want Noel?

His per 36 #s are decent and he's probably the team's best defensive big. The question should be why aren't the Mavs giving him more minutes. Just throwing the name out there.

He gets pushed around a lot on D and has limited O

(5)(5)
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/8/2017  10:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

OMG why do you post here

Not the point.

I'm not even sweating that , I've been posting here for over a decade, I don't take any of this sht personal because I don't know anyone on here. All I care about is the knicks building a winner. How ever we get there, we get there.

You know what, count me in on this too. It's happened way too many times to ignore, with me and others. About time he gets called out on the unprofessionalism. 1248 -- you did nothing wrong, bro. Keep posting your ideas and keep on telling yourself that you're on here to talk about the team and sport you love, not to get involved in petty nonsense. That's what gets me through when this dude gets edgy and personal.

Stevo718
Member: #559
11/8/2017  4:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2017  4:15 PM
Kuz
Noah
Beasley
Sessions
Low future 2nd round pick

to Bucks for...

Teletovic
Dellavedova
DJ Wilson

turn Noahs hard to move contract into smaller movable contracts.

Bucks get help at center with Noah and some depth with Kuz at SF, Beasley plays backup until Jabari Parker comes back... all reasonable movable contracts except for Noah

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

11/8/2017  4:40 PM
Stevo718 wrote:Kuz
Noah
Beasley
Sessions
Low future 2nd round pick

to Bucks for...

Teletovic
Dellavedova
DJ Wilson

turn Noahs hard to move contract into smaller movable contracts.

Bucks get help at center with Noah and some depth with Kuz at SF, Beasley plays backup until Jabari Parker comes back... all reasonable movable contracts except for Noah

Well, it's interesting.....

The Bucks want out of Teletovic, Delladova and esp John Henson

Noah, Kuz, KOQ and Lance Thomas are a match.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y948n5mx

I don't know why the Knicks would do that trade though. The Knicks would need draft assets to do that kind of deal

Other thought

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yavakyhe

Delladova and an asset for KOQ and Kuz. The trade exception coming from Greg Monroe would make up the difference. KOQ will likely opt out and Kuz will expire. Delladova can at least play defense. Question would be what would be worth three years of Delladova, or the two years beyond this one.

I don't see a fit really, but there might be "Challenge Trade" here somewhere if both sides get desperate enough.

I will say what I always say, see how brutal guaranteed contracts are for the NBA. Delladova could help a team at a lower AAV. So could Henson. Even Noah. Instead they just are anchors that choke out a franchise.

Stevo718
Member: #559
11/8/2017  6:27 PM
I think the whole point would be to turn Noah's contract into smaller more moveable contracts.

I wasn't aware that they were trying to move those guys if that's the case lets take away the low second round pick and just offer:

Noah
Kuz
Beasley
Sessions

for Teletovic
Dellavedova
DJ Wilson

then we have the following contracts

Teletovic $10.5mil / $10.5 mil
Dellavedova $9.6 mil /$9.6 mil /$9.6mil
DJ Wilson $2.1 mil / $2.6 mil / $2.9 mil (team option)

Teletovic can fill in for Beasley, we add another defensive PG in Dellavedova and DJ Wilson is a rookie with a tiny contract. Teletovic can come off the books in two years and Dellavedova saves us $10 mil in his final year versus having injury prone Noah's last year $19 mil contract.

Bucks get a better center in Noah that could start, and get some depth with Kuz and Beasley. They already have Parker waiting and Bledsoe and Brogden they dont need Dellavedova and they would have $10 mil more on their books in year 3 but i think they get better with Noah.

Noah/Henson
Greek Freak/Parker
Middleton/Parker
Snell/Brogden
Bledsoe/Brogden

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/9/2017  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2017  10:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

OMG why do you post here

Not the point.

No sweat it. Why, you Keep making shyt up. Team wins, your amicable to the current favorable trend. In your world you have dismissed the coach, assistant coach and never have to deal with the chaos that ensues. That's because fans are not accountable.
But in the UK, we hold concepts and statements accountable. Your cred lacks because of this.
You wanted Bledsoe. You never offered what the knicks would be able to sacrifice for a trade. Its easy to throw out the draft picks but fact is they wanted Frank.
This is before Frank was playing well, but look at what two weeks has changed? Frank the future prospect at 19 vs. 27 year old Bledsoe. What Knicks1248 wanted is what knicks have done for decades. Trade young assets and picks for players still in prime and soon to fall after. Your on the clock dude and that was dumb as rocks concept.

Is the owner of the site professional? We don't have flame ups, we don't attack personalities but we can attack posts and the content.
The fact the UK is well into its second decade is the mods do a good job. I assure you that if Andrew or Martin are pushing back its more than likely they have privately worked with the participant and are letting us know what is acceptable or not.
The might prompt us to sort of self police. Nalod has no skin in this game but as a participant have been respectful presenting what is fact, what is fiction, and what is my opinion. I take it as a sign of disrespect when a poster is making shyt up.

Nalod is lurking and enjoying more reading and skimming over than commenting as I did. "Gone" is more "pulling back". My choice.
Im trolling Knicks1248 content.
I'll go crawl back to my hole now.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/9/2017  11:57 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

OMG why do you post here

Not the point.

No sweat it. Why, you Keep making shyt up. Team wins, your amicable to the current favorable trend. In your world you have dismissed the coach, assistant coach and never have to deal with the chaos that ensues. That's because fans are not accountable.
But in the UK, we hold concepts and statements accountable. Your cred lacks because of this.
You wanted Bledsoe. You never offered what the knicks would be able to sacrifice for a trade. Its easy to throw out the draft picks but fact is they wanted Frank.
This is before Frank was playing well, but look at what two weeks has changed? Frank the future prospect at 19 vs. 27 year old Bledsoe. What Knicks1248 wanted is what knicks have done for decades. Trade young assets and picks for players still in prime and soon to fall after. Your on the clock dude and that was dumb as rocks concept.

Is the owner of the site professional? We don't have flame ups, we don't attack personalities but we can attack posts and the content.
The fact the UK is well into its second decade is the mods do a good job. I assure you that if Andrew or Martin are pushing back its more than likely they have privately worked with the participant and are letting us know what is acceptable or not.
The might prompt us to sort of self police. Nalod has no skin in this game but as a participant have been respectful presenting what is fact, what is fiction, and what is my opinion. I take it as a sign of disrespect when a poster is making shyt up.

Nalod is lurking and enjoying more reading and skimming over than commenting as I did. "Gone" is more "pulling back". My choice.
Im trolling Knicks1248 content.
I'll go crawl back to my hole now.

lmao... keep on fighting the good fight my man

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG

11/9/2017  3:22 PM
Lakers reportedly not bringing Julius Randle back. I'm not really high on him, but he did make improvements this season. Possible trade target?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/9/2017  4:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Lakers reportedly not bringing Julius Randle back. I'm not really high on him, but he did make improvements this season. Possible trade target?

One of the big Lakers fan sites said that Randle was their best player right now. Its supposed to be more about making room for LeBron, or some other big FA, than his performance. What impressed me was the roughly 4 assists per game he is averaging at PF. We have plenty of those, but I wonder if he would be athletic enough to play the 3? Wouldnt mind finding out for a season. That would be one big starting lineup, lol.

BigDaddyG

11/9/2017  5:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:Lakers reportedly not bringing Julius Randle back. I'm not really high on him, but he did make improvements this season. Possible trade target?

One of the big Lakers fan sites said that Randle was their best player right now. Its supposed to be more about making room for LeBron, or some other big FA, than his performance. What impressed me was the roughly 4 assists per game he is averaging at PF. We have plenty of those, but I wonder if he would be athletic enough to play the 3? Wouldnt mind finding out for a season. That would be one big starting lineup, lol.

He's always been a good passer. Ironically, he would be a good triangle player. I haven't watched the Lakers much after Wizards win, but he'd be worth taking a look at. If we're assuming Kuz and KOQ are going to be gone anyway, maybe we can work a deal?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/9/2017  6:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

He's always been a good passer. Ironically, he would be a good triangle player. I haven't watched the Lakers much after Wizards win, but he'd be worth taking a look at. If we're assuming Kuz and KOQ are going to be gone anyway, maybe we can work a deal?

What is "Tri-an-gle" you speak of. Sounds very ancient, heh heh. Assuming that mgmt wouldn't give up the farm for Randle, I wouldn't see a downside to giving Randle a look for a season. Id rather see if he could play SF, because Im guessing he would rather start somewhere, instead of being a backup to KP.

Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
11/10/2017  2:20 AM
Finestrg wrote:Orlando has the rights to Janis Timma. I like this guy a lot. He can play. Think he's better than Kuz and a tad younger. Plus he and KP have familiarity having played together on the Latvian national team. Another plus is that we don't have a need to add him right now--he'd just be an asset we could tuck away for next year. Kuz to Orlando for Timma and cash? Gotta look at their roster and see what's up--who's hurt and what they might need.

Timma is better than Kuz, thats for sure. But not only him - there are a lot of guys who are and are ready to play for min NBA salary, so I never understood why Phil gave Kuz 3m instead of minimum.

who wants Kuuz ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy