[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: Superman and Kemba are in town, time for KP and the French Prince to send em out with a frown
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Posts: 35368
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/7/2017  10:27 PM
Gudris wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I was impressed with how Frank adjusted to Kemba and Monk and Made them take tougher shots.
i still cant get over how his defense is this good and he just turned 19....amazing
French Bulldog :)
I love the assist numbers too
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Posts: 33990
Alba Posts: 43
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
11/7/2017  10:28 PM
Lance Thomas had some.epic defense and rebounding in the 4th.

Can't break up the Knicks center position. If you add up the stats we are getting from Oquinn and Kanter it is insane how productive that position has been.

StarksEwing1
Posts: 29894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  10:30 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Gudris wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I was impressed with how Frank adjusted to Kemba and Monk and Made them take tougher shots.
i still cant get over how his defense is this good and he just turned 19....amazing
French Bulldog :)
I love the assist numbers too
his vision great. Once in a while he makes a risky pass but just is part of the learning process
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23947
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  10:30 PM
Welpee wrote:Dwight Howard gave us a glimpse of why KP shouldn't play center. He was taking a beaten from Howard.

Watching it I was trying to remember how KG looked in the earlier years vs. tree like centers?

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/7/2017  10:30 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:They just keep stepping up on the Defensive side.

Of course it they played better earlier they wouldn't be down as much but then Charlotte was el fuego too....

McDermott threw his hat into the starting 3 ring tonight. The team has new guys stepping up each night.

Frank was good on D but suspect on O. Must improve and I am sure he will. He has all the tools and more importantly the guts.

KP - what can you say. The finger roll was unreal...7'3" from the 3 pt line with 2 secs to shoot it....no problem..I'll lay it in!

THe team has changed its culture. Big step.


Yup...said something similar after the last game when Lance stepped up. A lot of flexibility and depth on this team. The best teams always have guys who step up now and then...tonight it was McDermott who stood out, but the bench was +37.

Good win against a tough team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq
Posts: 22786
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/10/2012
Member: #4182

11/7/2017  10:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:They just keep stepping up on the Defensive side.

Of course it they played better earlier they wouldn't be down as much but then Charlotte was el fuego too....

McDermott threw his hat into the starting 3 ring tonight. The team has new guys stepping up each night.

Frank was good on D but suspect on O. Must improve and I am sure he will. He has all the tools and more importantly the guts.

KP - what can you say. The finger roll was unreal...7'3" from the 3 pt line with 2 secs to shoot it....no problem..I'll lay it in!

THe team has changed its culture. Big step.


Yup...said something similar after the last game when Lance stepped up. A lot of flexibility and depth on this team. The best teams always have guys who step up now and then...tonight it was McDermott who stood out, but the bench was +37.

Good win against a tough team.


I wasn't sure they matched up that well against them with their quick guards I'm surprised they won
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Posts: 23947
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/3/2014
Member: #5801

11/7/2017  10:33 PM
Gudris wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I was impressed with how Frank adjusted to Kemba and Monk and Made them take tougher shots.
i still cant get over how his defense is this good and he just turned 19....amazing

French Bulldog :)

Probably, more like the English bulldog from France

The only things that trickle down are wages and horse shit
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/7/2017  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  10:47 PM
TPercy wrote:I'm taking partial credit for the comeback. Once again my refusal to tune in during the 4th quarter led to another Knick win.

I used to do that as a kid in the 60/70s. Now if I do it I'll just look at the ESPN boxscores and not the actual game.

And yeah, I used to think it worked too.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Posts: 27102
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/28/2014
Member: #5843

11/7/2017  10:46 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:They just keep stepping up on the Defensive side.

Of course it they played better earlier they wouldn't be down as much but then Charlotte was el fuego too....

McDermott threw his hat into the starting 3 ring tonight. The team has new guys stepping up each night.

Frank was good on D but suspect on O. Must improve and I am sure he will. He has all the tools and more importantly the guts.

KP - what can you say. The finger roll was unreal...7'3" from the 3 pt line with 2 secs to shoot it....no problem..I'll lay it in!

THe team has changed its culture. Big step.


Yup...said something similar after the last game when Lance stepped up. A lot of flexibility and depth on this team. The best teams always have guys who step up now and then...tonight it was McDermott who stood out, but the bench was +37.

Good win against a tough team.


I wasn't sure they matched up that well against them with their quick guards I'm surprised they won

Yeah, they are a quick team, and their bigs set better picks than ours do. Almost impossible to stay with their guards at times. Maybe we wore them down...maybe the crowd did their magic again, but I didn't feel good about our chances for much of the game.

Law of averages caught up with them a bit on their 3 pt shooting, unlike the Knicks who shot 48% from 3 and 60% from the field. Can't believe we were that efficient because the Hornets seemed to play decent D.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
simrud
Posts: 23383
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/13/2003
Member: #474
USA
11/7/2017  10:57 PM
VDesai wrote:Lance Thomas had some.epic defense and rebounding in the 4th.

Can't break up the Knicks center position. If you add up the stats we are getting from Oquinn and Kanter it is insane how productive that position has been.

Agreed, he took a couple boards that Dwight could have gotten otherwise - game changing plays.

Does feel wrong to mess with the C spot - they are getting a lot of their heart from there. I dunno - one of the 3 has to be turned into a starting SF though going forward no?

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/7/2017  11:06 PM
nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/7/2017  11:29 PM
Interesting.

nixluva
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/8/2017  12:40 AM
GustavBahler
Posts: 32931
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/8/2017  12:47 AM
nixluva wrote:Interesting.

Would make a good coach/mentor for Frank

magicTs
Posts: 20547
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/15/2013
Member: #5564

11/8/2017  1:20 AM
Apparently the first time in the clock shot era that we have come from double digit deficits to win consecutive games........!!!!
teamsport72
Posts: 20173
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/4/2015
Member: #6172

11/8/2017  3:44 AM
Wonder if KP should tweet #Me2 after DwH latest exploits.
stanleybostitch
Posts: 20428
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/7/2006
Member: #1071

11/8/2017  5:00 AM
nixluva wrote:

This deserves a "300" movie treatment of KP and the Knicks...destroying the league against all odds...if only I had the skills.

Patience with the rebuild, keep all the picks, no starphucks, and team-first attitude. Marinate a couple years and we're playing like the '72 team. Championship here we come!
Cartman718
Posts: 24762
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/12/2007
Member: #1694

11/8/2017  8:20 AM
nixluva wrote:Interesting.

no one wants his hating ass to do anything with the knicks have you seen him and jalen and paul pierce on espn?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
StarksEwing1
Posts: 29894
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/28/2012
Member: #4451

11/8/2017  8:24 AM
magicTs wrote:Apparently the first time in the clock shot era that we have come from double digit deficits to win consecutive games........!!!!
Yup. Plus we did it against 2 decent teams
Moonangie
Posts: 24335
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

11/8/2017  8:33 AM
stanleybostitch wrote:
nixluva wrote:

This deserves a "300" movie treatment of KP and the Knicks...destroying the league against all odds...if only I had the skills.

Panos does...I second this idea!

Gamethread: Superman and Kemba are in town, time for KP and the French Prince to send em out with a frown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.