[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

No more silly "trade Willy"
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/6/2017  1:43 PM
If you want to keep KP happy, there is no trading Willy. Period.

You can trade Kanter, depending upon:
* how the season unfolds, are you in the playoff race come trade deadline
* can he keep up this level of intensity
* can he learn to play smarter D, avoid mental lapses
* can you get back plethora of assets for him

OR

You can trade KOQ, depending on:
* whether the return is adequate
* your assessment of locker room chemistry hit

Unless you consider trading KP for two first-rounders, as suggested here earlier, Willy is untouchable.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/6/2017  1:51 PM
Agreed. Just trade O'Quinn, who is the oldest out of the bunch (not counting Noah) and is a very helpful player, but is about to be a free agent, will never start, and can get back some reasonable value. It really isn't that difficult to figure out this will eventually be the solution.
reub
Member: #6227

11/6/2017  5:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:Agreed. Just trade O'Quinn, who is the oldest out of the bunch (not counting Noah) and is a very helpful player, but is about to be a free agent, will never start, and can get back some reasonable value. It really isn't that difficult to figure out this will eventually be the solution.

Keep everybody unless we get good value in a trade. Hell, even Kornet looks really good at Westchester. Stretch Noah after the season ends unless he comes back strong this year.
blkexec
Member: #748
11/6/2017  6:07 PM
You trade KP with KPs blessing. Otherwise, find another way to adjust the roster. Willy is not a cancer and doesn't make a lot of money. So he's not the problem and we will not get back equal value anyway, but according to the stats, he regressed. But we all know he's just put on ice this season, until the glut is clear.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/6/2017  6:16 PM
blkexec wrote:You trade KP with KPs blessing. Otherwise, find another way to adjust the roster. Willy is not a cancer and doesn't make a lot of money. So he's not the problem and we will not get back equal value anyway, but according to the stats, he regressed. But we all know he's just put on ice this season, until the glut is clear.

Am I hallucinating or are you saying you would prefer to trade KP and keep Willy? Would love to hear why.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/6/2017  6:31 PM
Makes zero sense to trade willy. Both kanter and oquinn are most likely gonna opt out anyway and it would be insane to overpay oquinn despite liking the guy. Better off trading oquinn since he has value.
teamsport72
Member: #6172

11/7/2017  3:44 AM
Wonder if timing of Janis coming out of the woodwork may be related to a possible consideration of a Willy trade? The message sounds clear - don't!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/7/2017  7:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/7/2017  7:26 AM
teamsport72 wrote:Wonder if timing of Janis coming out of the woodwork may be related to a possible consideration of a Willy trade? The message sounds clear - don't!
I don't think Janis is a factor. Perry is a pretty smart guy. Both KOQ and kanter are most likely gonna opt out. One of them is gonna sign somewhere and I doubt he wants to overpay for both of them. Willy is signed for 2 more years on the cheap so it makes sense that KOQ is the most likely to be traded
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/7/2017  9:05 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
teamsport72 wrote:Wonder if timing of Janis coming out of the woodwork may be related to a possible consideration of a Willy trade? The message sounds clear - don't!
I don't think Janis is a factor. Perry is a pretty smart guy. Both KOQ and kanter are most likely gonna opt out. One of them is gonna sign somewhere and I doubt he wants to overpay for both of them. Willy is signed for 2 more years on the cheap so it makes sense that KOQ is the most likely to be traded
I bet Kanter only opts out if the Knicks plan to extend him. Kanter's agent will find out from the Knicks.

If Kanter and KP continue to play and compliment each other I have no problem investing in Enes. I think with KP you want him at the and next to a big physical 5. I think keeping and paying 2 centers (Kanter and eventually Willy) makes sense. I am a HUGE believer of keeping KP at the 4 and pairing him with a big physical 5. We are the Knicks. We can pay for talent.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
No more silly "trade Willy"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy