[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?
Author Thread
fin89
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4196

11/5/2017  9:49 AM
The last couple seasons have been brutal, but now I feel like I can finally enjoy a game. It is so refreshing watching young players develop, seeing effort and defense, and no more off court drama. Fingers crossed but if we keep this up, it could be a nice ride this year.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/5/2017  10:13 AM
The jets and Knicks have a relatively common theme of being picked to stink and it's not the case. The jets could easily be 7-2 and for the first time ever in my life I feel they can beat any nfl team. While the Knicks might not be there -- they may be in better overall position with kp
RIP Crushalot😞
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/5/2017  10:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:The jets and Knicks have a relatively common theme of being picked to stink and it's not the case. The jets could easily be 7-2 and for the first time ever in my life I feel they can beat any nfl team. While the Knicks might not be there -- they may be in better overall position with kp

Can we beat the Cavs again ?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/5/2017  11:33 AM
Gudris wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:The jets and Knicks have a relatively common theme of being picked to stink and it's not the case. The jets could easily be 7-2 and for the first time ever in my life I feel they can beat any nfl team. While the Knicks might not be there -- they may be in better overall position with kp

Right now we cant beat Boston GS Rockets

RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2017  11:47 AM
Yeah man my juices are flowing. I'm still mad about the Houston game.... but not mad at the Knicks. More mad that I want to fight for them lol. Like back in the days. I'm ready to play anybody from Houston one on one just to get that game back lol. Its great man. Real basketball.... good riddance to Melo
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/5/2017  11:53 AM
Watching KP play, is how I felt when Ewing started becoming a force in this league. It does remind me of the enthusiasm of the late 80s Knicks, but different. Because of the Dolan years, and everything that came with it.

Who will be the smart ass who will bump this thread the first time we hit another losing streak? LOL.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2017  11:59 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

I think we can beat Boston... the Knicks weren't playing how they are playing now. That Boston team bullied and run us of the court. Next time it won't be so easy

Rockets are boring. The way they play I don't think we could handle them. They lull you to sleep. They don't really take it to you. It's a sucker way to play the game

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2017  12:06 PM
fin89 wrote:The last couple seasons decade and a half have been brutal, but now I feel like I can finally enjoy a game. It is so refreshing watching young players develop, seeing effort and defense, and no more off court drama. Fingers crossed but if we keep this up, it could be a nice ride this year.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/5/2017  12:07 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Gudris wrote:

The big thing is right now, I have full confidence in the fact that those teams will not be able to stop KP and company sooner rather then later. I think those teams fear the knicks as soon as the end of the year, when KP and Kanter build up a season’s worth of chemistry, Frank might be making a bigger impact esp on defense at that time as well...

Regardless this is the first time I have been really excited to see the knicks play since Ewing’s prime. KP is building that feeling of championship contention the same way Ewing did in the early 90’s. I not only think KP will bring us to the playoffs this year, but will start a streak like Ewing did of years and years of playoff contention, as well as doing what Ewing never could accomplish win a few chips in the process... NO one has ever seen the likes of KP in the nba, kinda like when jabar, wilt,stepped on the scene they were ahead of there time and couldn’t be stopped... KP has that unique feel, that Ewing never had. I think its only a matter of time and maturity before KP started getting us a few rings.

The Future i think has never been brighter, I’m hopful it will be a real joy to see unfold.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/5/2017  12:27 PM
Yeah there hasnt been too many times ive been totally happy watching the knicks since 2000. What makes he happy is that we have a young team that is improving every game and we have all our future picks to add onto the young core
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/5/2017  1:10 PM
If we go to playoffs i will move to NYC, i am tired of waking up 3 am to watch Knicks games :D
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/5/2017  1:30 PM
fin89 wrote:The last couple seasons have been brutal, but now I feel like I can finally enjoy a game. It is so refreshing watching young players develop, seeing effort and defense, and no more off court drama. Fingers crossed but if we keep this up, it could be a nice ride this year.

Yes

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/5/2017  1:48 PM
"Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?"

-hell to the yeah

-going to the garden today and PSYCHED

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2017  2:10 PM
Marv wrote:"Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?"

-hell to the yeah

-going to the garden today and PSYCHED

Hope they dominate today. Nothing better than being at a good Knicks game live.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/5/2017  5:50 PM
I'm kinda happy... really...

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
JesseDark
Member: #467
11/5/2017  7:04 PM
Yeah my Jets and Knicks are giving me joy this week. I predicted 25 wins for the Knicks, now I’m hoping they make the playoffs. I think playoffs are to show KP we are making progress.
Bring back dee-fense
izybx
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1178
USA
11/5/2017  7:39 PM
For the first time in years! Actually got me posting again
Beat the Evil Empire. BEAT MIAMI
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/5/2017  8:39 PM
fin89 wrote:The last couple seasons have been brutal, but now I feel like I can finally enjoy a game. It is so refreshing watching young players develop, seeing effort and defense, and no more off court drama. Fingers crossed but if we keep this up, it could be a nice ride this year.

It's nice to see the franchise simply not going out of it's way to make things harder than it has to be.

Getting a geriatric front office head with no previous experience with enemies around the league and forcing a complicated and controversial offense onto the team was just making things harder than it had to be. Was it that hard to find a young guy with upside who had actual experience in a winning NBA front office? With some scouting and analytics and cap background, who had some exposure already to owners and agents and college coaches and his own peer group in other front offices? The league is full of guys working hard to get their chance, earning their bones in blood in real front office grunt jobs, and the the Knicks pick the most insane choice possible. Taking the simple and making it just stupid, this is how the Knicks hurt themselves for so long.

Giving a NTC to a selfish me first iso player who stopped the ball and didn't give max effort and only cared about selling his next cell phone or bottle of cologne or gym membership or whatever else was also insane. How hard was it to just trade the dude when it was clear he was net negative to the future of the roster ( During and after Linsanity when he drove out the core cogs that actually played max effort team basketball should have been a clue)

Win or lose, I'm enjoying team play, max effort and not making things harder than it has to be (it's hard enough already to win in this league)

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/5/2017  10:07 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

It's nice to see the franchise simply not going out of it's way to make things harder than it has to be.

Getting a geriatric front office head with no previous experience with enemies around the league and forcing a complicated and controversial offense onto the team was just making things harder than it had to be. Was it that hard to find a young guy with upside who had actual experience in a winning NBA front office? With some scouting and analytics and cap background, who had some exposure already to owners and agents and college coaches and his own peer group in other front offices? The league is full of guys working hard to get their chance, earning their bones in blood in real front office grunt jobs, and the the Knicks pick the most insane choice possible. Taking the simple and making it just stupid, this is how the Knicks hurt themselves for so long.

Giving a NTC to a selfish me first iso player who stopped the ball and didn't give max effort and only cared about selling his next cell phone or bottle of cologne or gym membership or whatever else was also insane. How hard was it to just trade the dude when it was clear he was net negative to the future of the roster ( During and after Linsanity when he drove out the core cogs that actually played max effort team basketball should have been a clue)

Win or lose, I'm enjoying team play, max effort and not making things harder than it has to be (it's hard enough already to win in this league)

Still think Kanter is a zero sum liability?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Ira
Member: #91
11/5/2017  10:15 PM
Win or lose they're playing good basketball - always moving on offense and playing tough man to man defense. They're fun to watch.
Anyone Else Finally Enjoying Knicks Basketball?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy