[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo trade was a big success for us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/4/2017  10:37 AM
I think everyone here likes both Kanter and kmcdermott--in fact I think both of those guys still have upsides as big time role players on a good team. I dont know why Kanter is not shooting his mid range???? but thats ok to--keep pouring in 16-12 and keeping KP 1-1. Mcdermott--man a lot to like there! as well.

OKC gave up their whole team for George and CA--and made two teams better???

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  10:39 AM
Agree. Oladippo and Sabonis have been awesome in Indy. Perry/Mills did really well coming from a very compromised position. Kanter has been awesome and MCD is coming on. The bulls pick should bring in a rotation player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2017  12:19 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think everyone here likes both Kanter and kmcdermott--in fact I think both of those guys still have upsides as big time role players on a good team. I dont know why Kanter is not shooting his mid range???? but thats ok to--keep pouring in 16-12 and keeping KP 1-1. Mcdermott--man a lot to like there! as well.

He doesn't have a mid range game: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kanteen01.html Check out the shooting table.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/4/2017  12:22 PM
I'm sure OKC will get rolling, but those trades certainly don't look as lopsided as they did in the offseason. Indiana got more value than expected and suddenly have a pretty bright future. The Knicks got 2 good rotation players and a moderately valuable pick. Kanter has been the key to this. Perfect compliment to KP. Hopefully they continue to build this chemistry and become a duo that the league fears.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/4/2017  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2017  3:42 PM
Solid trade...Kanter did his weight loss for OKC, but we really have benefited from it, and McDermott is a heady player, who like Kanter, has been a better defender than I thought he would be.

Add to this the fact that Melo leaving allows KP to emerge, and top it off with a high #2 pick from the Bulls, and it is looking like a trade which, to be honest, the Knicks just might have "won."

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/4/2017  1:01 PM
Gotta give Perry credit. He waited until he got a decent offer. I dont think anybody could have predicted how good kanter would play...at least for the moment. Also we got a high second rounder which will be valuable ir someone falls in the draft. Or we could package that with another piece to get a high first rounder. As much as i regret the original melo trade we ended up pretty good now and the future
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/4/2017  1:19 PM
So far so good
ES
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
11/4/2017  1:26 PM
Melo leaving the Knicks was everything I thought it would be
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/4/2017  1:33 PM
OjilEye wrote:Melo leaving the Knicks was everything I thought it would be

reub
Member: #6227

11/4/2017  3:41 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
OjilEye wrote:Melo leaving the Knicks was everything I thought it would be

Melo shot 3 for 17 last night. Just saying.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
11/4/2017  5:13 PM
Yes Melo has played well to date unto last night. He was 0-5 from 3 and 3 for 17. This is what will happen later in the season as Mel ages.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/4/2017  5:30 PM
Yes moving melo was the best thing that could have happened, not only did it unleash KP, it also gave us the super star paring of kanter and KP. Kanter is really improved and like KP took his conditioning to the next level. I don’t think he will ever be a elite or above average on defense but his defense is much improved, it truly is becoming hard to take him off the floor. The fun part is this pairing just started and they are already becoming a real force.

McDermott is just getting started , new team, I think we see McDermott play a lot more like he did last night vs the suns. If he shows consistency, which i think he is ready for he will be a keeper for this teams bench. He’s a big Kyle Korver who can slash, its all about getting him involved as soon as he steps on the floor.

Then Perry and company will get to draft a rotation player with the bulls pick!

This move alone with a playoff run could give mills and Perry executive of the year award.

A real job well done on our front office to get this deal done!

martin
USA
11/4/2017  7:40 PM
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/4/2017  7:50 PM
It's nice to see these guys get some love from fans especially Kanter cause when the trade was made Kanter and the trade itself was getting killed by fans. Both guys were nice gets especially Kanter who's playing very well for us.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/5/2017  10:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2017  10:32 AM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I think everyone here likes both Kanter and kmcdermott--in fact I think both of those guys still have upsides as big time role players on a good team. I dont know why Kanter is not shooting his mid range???? but thats ok to--keep pouring in 16-12 and keeping KP 1-1. Mcdermott--man a lot to like there! as well.

He doesn't have a mid range game: https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kanteen01.html Check out the shooting table.

I don't think that's true at all. Dude definitely has a good stroke from mid range. Clear as day seeing him play over the years. Sometimes it's more about watching a guy play than looking at pie charts and bar graphs.. This guy actually has 3-pt range to boot. I've seen it.. He's had PLENTY of opportunities to pop open jumpers, but he's actually deferring out there to a degree, really looks cognizant of trying to get the ball to KP...This guy is a VERY GOOD player. As skilled a big man pound for pound as you're gonna find.. He's as big a LOCK for 20/10 as any big man I've ever seen play the game -- all he needs is enough PT and shot attempts, and again, he doesn't need 20+ shots (KP's our headline player now and I'm ok with him getting that) but he should be getting at least 15. KP close to 20, then Kanter & THJ in the 15-18 range, with McDermott and Willy getting double-digit attempts themselves -- that would be my game plan every night. That would be a well-balanced, pretty efficient attack (hopefully Timmy can continue to evolve and become more efficient and less of a gunner eventually).. I was all over trading for Kanter back when he wanted out of Utah and came on here and talked about it a lot at the time. Very glad he's here. We're lucky to have him. And yes, I think we did quite well for ourselves with this trade. Thumbs up! Gotta figure out how to get Doug more involved in the attack out there now.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/5/2017  10:34 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Yes moving melo was the best thing that could have happened, not only did it unleash KP, it also gave us the super star paring of kanter and KP. Kanter is really improved and like KP took his conditioning to the next level. I don’t think he will ever be a elite or above average on defense but his defense is much improved, it truly is becoming hard to take him off the floor. The fun part is this pairing just started and they are already becoming a real force.

McDermott is just getting started , new team, I think we see McDermott play a lot more like he did last night vs the suns. If he shows consistency, which i think he is ready for he will be a keeper for this teams bench. He’s a big Kyle Korver who can slash, its all about getting him involved as soon as he steps on the floor.

This move alone with a playoff run could give mills and Perry executive of the year award.

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

reub
Member: #6227

11/5/2017  11:11 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Yes moving melo was the best thing that could have happened, not only did it unleash KP, it also gave us the super star paring of kanter and KP. Kanter is really improved and like KP took his conditioning to the next level. I don’t think he will ever be a elite or above average on defense but his defense is much improved, it truly is becoming hard to take him off the floor. The fun part is this pairing just started and they are already becoming a real force.

Kanter has been good for at least 3 years. His WS48 has been above an excellent .200 for most of that time.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/5/2017  2:05 PM
martin wrote:
That was bad and awesome at the same time!
martin
USA
11/5/2017  4:08 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
That was bad and awesome at the same time!

and funny! Music was just perfect

Clean
Member: #743
11/5/2017  4:33 PM
martin wrote:

I really needed this video. It makes me appreciate how the current Knicks are playing as a team even more. The Melo lowlights brought up so many repressed traumatic memories. Him taking bad 3's early in shot clock and missing most of them. Him not running the offense just to ISO Melo. Him giving up on defense. He is like glue to an offense. No one moves once he gets the ball until they are running back on defense after he bricks the shot. KP is getting the ball is the same position as Melo did but the Knicks are still able to play as a team with off ball movement and unselfish passing.

Melo trade was a big success for us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy