[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread 11/3: Knicks on fire, SOLAR ECLIPSE!!
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22341
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

11/4/2017  8:47 AM
Great game last night!! The Garden was electric. Looks like we are seeing some good constants. KP's post up game and mid range game is spot on. No more 30ft. 3pt shots as the norm. Well maybe one or two. He is playing big and is hard to stop. Kanter is a work horse. Was all over the boards the first quarter. Really set the tone. Great energy guy, again. Good all around play or the bench. FYI. McBuckets can dunk!!
Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Posts: 22703
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/4/2017  8:54 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Great game last night!! The Garden was electric. Looks like we are seeing some good constants. KP's post up game and mid range game is spot on. No more 30ft. 3pt shots as the norm. Well maybe one or two. He is playing big and is hard to stop. Kanter is a work horse. Was all over the boards the first quarter. Really set the tone. Great energy guy, again. Good all around play or the bench. FYI. McBuckets can dunk!!

I think we have maybe the best (or up there with the best) frontlines in the NBA with Kanter/Porzingis.
Kanter is a beast inside, and Porzingis is shooting over everyone from mid-range and in.
It's very hard to stop the two of them.

If we can get a high level wing player, we would be a really good team for a number of years. However the type of player we need has to be a defensive minded two way player. Someone who can do what Lee/Hardaway do with some passing ability as well. Neither Lee or Timmy pass at a high rate.

nyknickzingis
Posts: 22703
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/8/2015
Member: #6207

11/4/2017  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2017  9:01 AM
Chandler wrote:I am kissing the ground this morning we didn’t trade KP to suns for one of the rumored packages

Phil was never serious.
People don't get the mind games.
He mind ****ed Melo out of NY (Melo never would have left if not for Phil).
He mind ****ed with KP for skipping the exit meeting and KP responded with a work ethic this summer dedicated to the right things (Post game, lower leg strength etc).

The team needed to move on from Phil because the constant drama wouldn't end, but his finger prints are all over team in the right way. I thank heavens the Phil era happened, otherwise no Porzingis and we'd be still playing around Melo, some declining stars, big names, and maybe a draft pick like Mudiay. There were many mistakes, but think back over the last 3 years. Now Melo's traded for some young assets (Kanter, draft pick). Porzingis is a franchise player at 22. Frank, Willy. Hornachek looks like a good coach as well without Melo/Rose around. Just like D'Antoni did when the team played his way.

CrushAlot
Posts: 55239
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  9:09 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Chandler wrote:I am kissing the ground this morning we didn’t trade KP to suns for one of the rumored packages

Phil was never serious.
People don't get the mind games.
He mind ****ed Melo out of NY (Melo never would have left if not for Phil).
He mind ****ed with KP for skipping the exit meeting and KP responded with a work ethic this summer dedicated to the right things (Post game, lower leg strength etc).

The team needed to move on from Phil, but his finger prints are all over team in the right way. I thank heavens the Phil era happened, otherwise no Porzingis and we'd be still playing around Melo, some declining stars, big names, and maybe a draft pick like Mudiay.


Funny, someone on a podcast, Duncan or Lowe I believe said that Melo was regecting every trade proposal presented to him because he was so angry at Phil. Melo wasn't going anywhere because it had become a pissing contest and Phil had given him the Ntc. Phil would have had to buyout Melo. I do think Melo realized that the poor management and top down franchise dysfunction wasn't going away as long as Phil
Was in charge.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
nixluva
Posts: 55243
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/5/2004
Member: #758
USA
11/4/2017  12:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Chandler wrote:I am kissing the ground this morning we didn’t trade KP to suns for one of the rumored packages

Phil was never serious.
People don't get the mind games.
He mind ****ed Melo out of NY (Melo never would have left if not for Phil).
He mind ****ed with KP for skipping the exit meeting and KP responded with a work ethic this summer dedicated to the right things (Post game, lower leg strength etc).

The team needed to move on from Phil, but his finger prints are all over team in the right way. I thank heavens the Phil era happened, otherwise no Porzingis and we'd be still playing around Melo, some declining stars, big names, and maybe a draft pick like Mudiay.


Funny, someone on a podcast, Duncan or Lowe I believe said that Melo was regecting every trade proposal presented to him because he was so angry at Phil. Melo wasn't going anywhere because it had become a pissing contest and Phil had given him the Ntc. Phil would have had to buyout Melo. I do think Melo realized that the poor management and top down franchise dysfunction wasn't going away as long as Phil
Was in charge.

We’re fortunate that Phil did at least bring in the young talent we needed to build with. There’s no way to get around that. Phil got killed for asking KP to get closer to the basket and take fewer 3’s but just look at how KP is playing!!!

The Knicks are STILL running a very Triangle like form of offense too. Jeff created a Hybrid and they’re still running that kind of system. It’s just less stiff and rules based. Still Triangle type spacing, passing and motion. Lots of DHO’s.

Phil was not a good Exec but he had good overall concepts. We had to move on.

KnickDanger
Posts: 20020
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

11/4/2017  12:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Chandler wrote:I am kissing the ground this morning we didn’t trade KP to suns for one of the rumored packages

Phil was never serious.
People don't get the mind games.
He mind ****ed Melo out of NY (Melo never would have left if not for Phil).
He mind ****ed with KP for skipping the exit meeting and KP responded with a work ethic this summer dedicated to the right things (Post game, lower leg strength etc).

The team needed to move on from Phil, but his finger prints are all over team in the right way. I thank heavens the Phil era happened, otherwise no Porzingis and we'd be still playing around Melo, some declining stars, big names, and maybe a draft pick like Mudiay.


Funny, someone on a podcast, Duncan or Lowe I believe said that Melo was regecting every trade proposal presented to him because he was so angry at Phil. Melo wasn't going anywhere because it had become a pissing contest and Phil had given him the Ntc. Phil would have had to buyout Melo. I do think Melo realized that the poor management and top down franchise dysfunction wasn't going away as long as Phil
Was in charge.

I agree. The hate for Phil was never rational. His "mind games" didn't work here and were his undoing, and for that I understand his exit. But what we are seeing and the solid groundwork going forward he deserves credit for and will never get.

reub
Posts: 21272
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

11/4/2017  3:37 PM
I was seriously hoping that after we fired Phil and were able to trade Melo that we would then bring Phil back. For all of his faults he's turned this franchise completely around.
Thanks, Phil!
Gudris
Posts: 20580
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 12/12/2015
Member: #6213

11/4/2017  4:44 PM
reub wrote:I was seriously hoping that after we fired Phil and were able to trade Melo that we would then bring Phil back. For all of his faults he's turned this franchise completely around.
Thanks, Phil!

Rambis is here, so kinda also Phil is here :)

reub
Posts: 21272
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/13/2016
Member: #6227

11/4/2017  5:48 PM
Gudris wrote:
reub wrote:I was seriously hoping that after we fired Phil and were able to trade Melo that we would then bring Phil back. For all of his faults he's turned this franchise completely around.
Thanks, Phil!

Rambis is here, so kinda also Phil is here :)


Good one!
Game thread 11/3: Knicks on fire, SOLAR ECLIPSE!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.