[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread 11/3: Knicks on fire, SOLAR ECLIPSE!!
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/3/2017  10:02 PM
WooHoo!!! Got the gamepicker right!
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

11/3/2017  10:06 PM
No one boxing out on defense is still a problem
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/3/2017  10:07 PM
nixluva wrote:Feels good when we can put away teams that we should put away! Last year this team LOST so many of these games.

Love it.
Big concern I have is that we're pretty much built around Porzingis. If KP goes out for any extended time, we're going to be out that playoff race right away. Not that making the playoffs may even be a realistic goal. How we're playing right now, the depth of the team, hard to argue against what they're doing. They're a good team. Pretty deep. Strong frontline, maybe top 3 in the NBA. Good defensive energy and effort. Have a solid bench. Main weakness is we don't have that second player who can create or make plays at a high level. Which is why we need Porzingis to be healthy all year.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/3/2017  10:09 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:Feels good when we can put away teams that we should put away! Last year this team LOST so many of these games.

Love it.
Big concern I have is that we're pretty much built around Porzingis. If KP goes out for any extended time, we're going to be out that playoff race right away. Not that making the playoffs may even be a realistic goal. How we're playing right now, the depth of the team, hard to argue against what they're doing. They're a good team. Pretty deep. Strong frontline, maybe top 3 in the NBA. Good defensive energy and effort. Have a solid bench. Main weakness is we don't have that second player who can create or make plays at a high level. Which is why we need Porzingis to be healthy all year.

Beat me too it. I was going to bring up how KP going down last year around that Christmas period really sent us into a slump that we never pulled out of. Hopefully Thjr can keep getting better and we make a solid acquisition in offseason
The Future is Bright!
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/3/2017  10:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:KP is also looking a lot mote fluid in the passing game. He has already understood whatMelo was too fukking dumb to figure out in six years. You don't need to be mindless shot jacker to get to 30 a game.

I give all the credit to Kanter .. KP has been scoring around the basket like Kanter did when with Durant n Westbrook in OKC. The Knicks Mills n Perry are keeping Kanter for the long haul ..
Im so happy! KP scored 37 pts plus only took TWO 3's tonight! Great!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/3/2017  10:25 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

Some room for improvement, but Ive been impressed with the way Hardaway is scoring, from everywhere.
Still falls in love with his jumper once in a while, but not nearly as much as last time. Not enough to really call it a serious issue.

Might not be that second scoring option yet, but Tim is starting to make a case. A consistent PG could keep things going with Kanter and Hardaway on the court.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/3/2017  10:29 PM
TPercy wrote:Why are starters still in with 2 minutes to go? get em out of here

Yup...noticed that too. Makes no sense. Nothing bad ended up happening but no reason to keep certain people out there and push your luck.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Clean
Member: #743
11/3/2017  10:37 PM
One thing I must admit is how amazing Jack has been for the Knicks. I thought he was done after that major injury but he is the pure passer I always wanted the Knicks to have. He is not Chris Paul or Jason Kidd but he is a huge improvement over who we had for a long time. The fact that he rebounds very well for a PG is an added plus. A lot of these plays I watch and see Jack throwing that extra pass to make a shooter like KP, Doug or Hardaway have a wide open shot. These are the small things that make a team better and that I really appreciate.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/3/2017  10:41 PM
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

Beat me too it. I was going to bring up how KP going down last year around that Christmas period really sent us into a slump that we never pulled out of. Hopefully Thjr can keep getting better and we make a solid acquisition in offseason

I think that will come with time. Right now we're able to move the ball around well, and we have guys who I think can rise to the occasion for periods of time, be it in the post, or by moving without the ball.

When we are at our best our guys are moving without the ball and passing to the open man. We do allow KP to do his Melo imitations every now and then, and sometimes he overdoes it, but that is a learning process he will have to go through. We also stop moving when Kanter has the ball sometimes, but even he has looked to pass off at times, and his success inside has been pretty good so far, so I can't complain too much, even though I would like to see both he and KP pass out of the post more effectively.

It will happen eventually, though. THJ is a more mature player who shows hints of being a leader, and Lee has risen to the occasion.

A good ride so far...just hope it continues.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Kemet
Member: #6148

11/3/2017  11:13 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

I think that will come with time. Right now we're able to move the ball around well, and we have guys who I think can rise to the occasion for periods of time, be it in the post, or by moving without the ball.

When we are at our best our guys are moving without the ball and passing to the open man. We do allow KP to do his Melo imitations every now and then, and sometimes he overdoes it, but that is a learning process he will have to go through. We also stop moving when Kanter has the ball sometimes, but even he has looked to pass off at times, and his success inside has been pretty good so far, so I can't complain too much, even though I would like to see both he and KP pass out of the post more effectively.

It will happen eventually, though. THJ is a more mature player who shows hints of being a leader, and Lee has risen to the occasion.

We have a single-minded coach who have one offensive play .. give the ball to KP!
Its no difference from the Melo-era ,, How many assist did Melo average .. how many assist has KP average?

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

11/3/2017  11:28 PM
Kemet wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

We have a single-minded coach who have one offensive play .. give the ball to KP!
Its no difference from the Melo-era ,, How many assist did Melo average .. how many assist has KP average?

How many assist did Jordan...Kobe...Barkley....etc...avg....the point is to score....when you are hitting 30 and your team is winning...your assists count don't matter..it s when you are not scoring what are you doing to help your team...defense...rebounding....passing...are all those things....the difference between Melo and Kp getting 30 is that we are winning ...at least for now

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/3/2017  11:34 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

I think that as long as KP is healthy this team is making the playoffs. Thjr is a man out there his body and game has evolved since his last stint with our team. I think with how dominate KP is we have a perfect 2nd and 3 rd options in kanter and THJR.

I wouldn’t count out kanter or Thjr if KP went down, man they are both fighters out there. I wanna extend that to O’quinn off the bench the guy just keeps coming through with big blocks and rebounds as well as having great vision.

Mcbuckets and Beasley both really had great games off the bench, I think the knicks bench will get better with time and chemistry build up. So I think we can expect more games like this from mcbuckets and Beasley.

Frankie did a lot that doesn’t show up in the box score the guy is super glue on defense, again this is a growth year. I fully expect frank to be our starting pg at some point this season, I think the bright lights are just starting to fade for the youngster. I expect with more comfort frankie keeps impressing.

Kanter really helps, the guy is a rebounding machine and is silky smooth around the hoop. I don’t think there is a better Power forward, Center combo in the League. People will say cousins and Davis but I think Kanter and KP’s game compliments each other better and can be more tantalizing at times vs opposing defenses. Every shot that goes up when kanter is in the game is a strong possibility the Knicks keep or gain possession of the ball. I cant remember that last time the knicks had a player of Kanter’s ability on the glass,And with a silky smooth post game? It’s like if Ewing had Zack Randolph the knicks would have won a few instead of none.

Kanter is a keeper the more years KP and Kanter play together the better they will get. Kanter is becoming a better defender too hes still not great but its becoming hard to take him off the floor.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  12:02 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

I think that as long as KP is healthy this team is making the playoffs. Thjr is a man out there his body and game has evolved since his last stint with our team. I think with how dominate KP is we have a perfect 2nd and 3 rd options in kanter and THJR.

I wouldn’t count out kanter or Thjr if KP went down, man they are both fighters out there. I wanna extend that to O’quinn off the bench the guy just keeps coming through with big blocks and rebounds as well as having great vision.

Mcbuckets and Beasley both really had great games off the bench, I think the knicks bench will get better with time and chemistry build up. So I think we can expect more games like this from mcbuckets and Beasley.

Frankie did a lot that doesn’t show up in the box score the guy is super glue on defense, again this is a growth year. I fully expect frank to be our starting pg at some point this season, I think the bright lights are just starting to fade for the youngster. I expect with more comfort frankie keeps impressing.

Kanter really helps, the guy is a rebounding machine and is silky smooth around the hoop. I don’t think there is a better Power forward, Center combo in the League. People will say cousins and Davis but I think Kanter and KP’s game compliments each other better and can be more tantalizing at times vs opposing defenses. Every shot that goes up when kanter is in the game is a strong possibility the Knicks keep or gain possession of the ball. I cant remember that last time the knicks had a player of Kanter’s ability on the glass,And with a silky smooth post game? It’s like if Ewing had Zack Randolph the knicks would have won a few instead of none.

Kanter is a keeper the more years KP and Kanter play together the better they will get. Kanter is becoming a better defender too hes still not great but its becoming hard to take him off the floor.

I agree about Kanter. The guy brings so much energy, rebounds every ball and has a great touch on offense. He also is playing d and passing more. No complaints. McDermot also is coming on. Perry did well being in a compromised position. The Bulls pick should get a rotation player.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/4/2017  12:22 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:Why are starters still in with 2 minutes to go? get em out of here

Yup...noticed that too. Makes no sense. Nothing bad ended up happening but no reason to keep certain people out there and push your luck.

Yeah, even Clyde mentioned it about KP soon after his big dunk.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2017  12:38 AM
Rebecca looking sooooo good tonight!!!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
reub
Member: #6227

11/4/2017  12:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

I agree about Kanter. The guy brings so much energy, rebounds every ball and has a great touch on offense. He also is playing d and passing more. No complaints. McDermot also is coming on. Perry did well being in a compromised position. The Bulls pick should get a rotation player.

Kanter's toughness and skills are underrated. He makes all of the other players lives much easier with his banging and rebounding.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
11/4/2017  1:54 AM
martin wrote:Rebecca looking sooooo good tonight!!!

Damn you guys are thirsty around here!

I bleed orange and blue for life.
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

11/4/2017  4:21 AM
Clean wrote:One thing I must admit is how amazing Jack has been for the Knicks.

He's broke and this might be his real last chance in the NBA to get serious minutes ever again. He's playing to keep his job as he's on an easy to cut contract. Point Guard is a low positional value situation around the league. Any team can find a 2nd rounder who could end up being useful and starter capable ( maybe not an All Star, but ride to league average or close to it) at any point.

Vince Carter was broke in Dallas and needed another contract badly. So he finally relented his hero ball and let Carlisle actually coach him. He became an actually solid fundamental player in the twilight of his career.

I'm happy Jack is doing well for the Knicks now. Though he's another test case for widespread use of non guaranteed contracts as the general standard. A hungry player always looking over his shoulder is simply going to be more invested to play the game the right way. Jack spent much of his career in "hero ball" mode when he was just never talented enough to make that an efficient part of his game.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/4/2017  8:35 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
Kemet wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Love it.

How many assist did Jordan...Kobe...Barkley....etc...avg....the point is to score....when you are hitting 30 and your team is winning...your assists count don't matter..it s when you are not scoring what are you doing to help your team...defense...rebounding....passing...are all those things....the difference between Melo and Kp getting 30 is that we are winning ...at least for now

Huge difference! Shot selection. KP is shooting over people under control and closer and closer to he basket

He’s 6’ away on a lot of shots and makes much quicker decisions

Comparing that to melo jab steps etc is ridiculous

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/4/2017  8:41 AM
I am kissing the ground this morning we didn’t trade KP to suns for one of the rumored packages
(5)(5)
Game thread 11/3: Knicks on fire, SOLAR ECLIPSE!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy