[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kuz should get minutes over Beasley
Author Thread
Vmart
Posts: 30352
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
11/3/2017  3:05 PM
I don’t see how Beasley should get minutes over Kuz. Every time I see Beasley I see a player who is lost, unfocused and disinterested. He brings very little to the team concept. The man is a shell of what he was in college. Liz on the other hand is better than McDermott and should be get some reps.
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Posts: 22352
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/21/2015
Member: #6192

11/3/2017  3:08 PM
Vmart wrote:I don’t see how Beasley should get minutes over Kuz. Every time I see Beasley I see a player who is lost, unfocused and disinterested. He brings very little to the team concept. The man is a shell of what he was in college. Liz on the other hand is better than McDermott and should be get some reps.

What have you seen in Kuz to say he is better, this year, than Beasley? Did we not learn from the "Why is Kanter getting time over Willy' threads. Point is, JH sees these guys every day in practice. We need to trust his decisions on minutes. And who is LIZ?

Melo Haters = Lin lovers who are mad Houston paid so much for his 15 Minutes,
Vmart
Posts: 30352
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/23/2002
Member: #247
USA
11/3/2017  3:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2017  3:16 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:I don’t see how Beasley should get minutes over Kuz. Every time I see Beasley I see a player who is lost, unfocused and disinterested. He brings very little to the team concept. The man is a shell of what he was in college. Liz on the other hand is better than McDermott and should be get some reps.

What have you seen in Kuz to say he is better, this year, than Beasley? Did we not learn from the "Why is Kanter getting time over Willy' threads. Point is, JH sees these guys every day in practice. We need to trust his decisions on minutes. And who is LIZ?

Auto correct doesn’t recognize Kuz just like the coach. Haven’t see much from Beasley so why not try Kuz.

NYKBocker
Posts: 35380
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
11/3/2017  3:17 PM
I think Kuz should get minutes as well. From what he has shown last year and his work in EuroBasket, I think he deserves to be in the rotation.
fishmike
Posts: 47706
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/3/2017  3:56 PM
Vmart wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Vmart wrote:I don’t see how Beasley should get minutes over Kuz. Every time I see Beasley I see a player who is lost, unfocused and disinterested. He brings very little to the team concept. The man is a shell of what he was in college. Liz on the other hand is better than McDermott and should be get some reps.

What have you seen in Kuz to say he is better, this year, than Beasley? Did we not learn from the "Why is Kanter getting time over Willy' threads. Point is, JH sees these guys every day in practice. We need to trust his decisions on minutes. And who is LIZ?

Auto correct doesn’t recognize Kuz just like the coach. Haven’t see much from Beasley so why not try Kuz.

You may see this. I have no doubt JH would like to see Lance take his minutes but Lance has been brutal. Beas can at least score and when he gets going he can really make things happen. Beas is a wild card who is always worth a shot. Last game JH gave him 5 minutes and angrily yanked him after a some low effort defense and a couple TOs. He logged 5 mins for the game and never got back in.

Now you are getting some looks at Dotson. This is both earned and backed into. If Lance wasnt shooting 30% he would be getting the minutes.

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
yellowboy90
Posts: 33907
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/23/2011
Member: #3538

11/3/2017  6:39 PM
Bottom line is NYs future SF will be pick # ? in next years draft. The knicks need to play Kuz though because he could possibly play well enough to be traded or added as a sweetner in a trade for another pick.
GustavBahler
Posts: 32951
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

11/3/2017  7:40 PM
Wouldn't hurt Kuz's stock to play because he doesnt really have any right now. Its been so long since he played.
fitzfarm
Posts: 23609
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/28/2010
Member: #3285

11/3/2017  11:42 PM
I was excited about KUZ after seeing him in the Euro league this past summer. He seemed to really bulk up this summer, I think that its nice having him regardless if he plays, mcbuckets, Beasley and KUZ are all very similar players talent wise I think you play the hot hand and keep it competitive in practice. KUZ can really keep Beasley and Mcbuckets on there toes. KUZ weather he plays or not same goes for Willy are great to have on this tea..

This team is deep !!

CrushAlot
Posts: 55244
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  12:19 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I was excited about KUZ after seeing him in the Euro league this past summer. He seemed to really bulk up this summer, I think that its nice having him regardless if he plays, mcbuckets, Beasley and KUZ are all very similar players talent wise I think you play the hot hand and keep it competitive in practice. KUZ can really keep Beasley and Mcbuckets on there toes. KUZ weather he plays or not same goes for Willy are great to have on this tea..

This team is deep !!

They have to cut someone. I think if Baker wasn't guaranteed next year he would be that guy. Kuz, Beas, and Sessions have one year deals. I think one of those three get cut. It might be Kuz because Perry was involved in negotiations with Beas and Sessions and doesn't want to damage relationships he has. Hopefully a trade happens.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
knicks1248
Posts: 36278
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
11/4/2017  1:25 PM

Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek has managed to wipe the smile off the face of the man known as “Cheese.’’

Mindaugas Kuzminskas, the forgotten Lithuanian who became a fan favorite last season as a rookie, has been inactive for all eight games, donning a suit on the bench. Kuzminskas admits to being sad about his predicament and wondering about his future with the organization.

Kuzminskas, who battled a calf strain in training camp, is nicknamed “Cheese’’ because he always has a smile. Not this season after excelling at the European Championships, averaging 15.4 points.

“It’s kind of disappointing,’’ Kuzminskas told The Post on Friday night at the Garden. “Last season I had ups and downs but I thought I did pretty good job. Expected a different going to the season especially after a great summer in the championships. I was feeling I was doing better than some of the NBA guys in them. And then to come here, you’re inactive. You’re nothing – not in the rotation, not even on the [active] roster.”

Kuzminskas, a 3-point shooter who heard chants of “Kuuuz’’ last season, has talked to his agent about his predicament. Sources indicated Kuzminskas’ reps were gauging interest around the NBA.

Modal Trigger
Mindaugas Kuzminskas has only played in one preseason game this season.Getty Images
When he signed with the Knicks, there were four clubs that had interest, including the Lakers, Cavaliers and Hawks, according to sources. The Knicks have to make a roster move in mid-November when Joakim Noah returns from suspension. Kuzminskas has one year left on his pact at $3.8 million.

He admits he’s getting antsy. Though it’s his second NBA season, he just turned 28.

“I feel I’m right now the next two, three years is going to be my peak,’’ Kuzminskas said. “I’m feeling great physically and mentally and know I’m ready. I’m not a guy who feels good about myself but I feel I can play here. Last year I played good usually. It’s really hard.’’

Ironically, Kuzminskas brought five suits with him for his rookie year, feeling he may not play much because of Carmelo Anthony and Lance Thomas at his position. This year, he brought fewer jackets and ties, feeling he’d established himself. He played in 68 games as a rookie.

“This year I’m going to play, so I brought two suits,’’ Kuzminskas said. “You never know in my life. I got to buy a couple of extra.”

Kuzminskas didn’t think the calf injury during camp was serious. He felt he could’ve played in more than just one exhibition game.

“It’s more a question for coach,’’ Kuzminskas said. “He sees me or doesn’t see me on the team. I was at all the practices at camp before I got hurt. I did all the training camp. You’d have to ask the coach if the injury affected it. Coach wants to win and he’s using players he trusts more, he thinks has more benefits than I can.’’

New additions Doug McDermott and Michael Beasley have taken Kuzminskas’ backup forward minutes. Courtney Lee has moved into the starting small forward slot to make up for Anthony.

Clearly, ousted Phil Jackson – and his advisor Clarence Gaines – were advocates of Kuzminskas’ signing more than Steve Mills, then the GM and now president.

“I had a good relationship with Phil,’’ Kuzminskas said. “He’d tell me when I’m playing worse, when I’m playing good. That was priceless. I’m sad he’s not on the team.’’

http://nypost.com/2017/11/04/why-cheese-isnt-smiling-anymore-for-the-knicks

Im sure, this isn't helping his case

ES
Rookie
Posts: 23509
Alba Posts: 28
Joined: 10/15/2008
Member: #2274

11/4/2017  4:38 PM
If Beasley doesn’t set his clocks back, will he be living one hour in the future?
Kuz should get minutes over Beasley

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.