fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Chandler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm still trying to find exactly what Janis said that was so controversial.
well he mentioned Melo, and that is still a sensitive spot for many around here.

Agree great to hear they’re motivated by winning. That’s exactly what you want to hear

Having said that, his explanation makes zero sense

If you’re going to fight (because melo supposedly wouldn’t which itself is false) you go to the exit meeting and state your piece in a professional way — whatever it is.

Even if mgmt disagrees they would appreciate the candor and that would be leadership. You’d also have the personal benefit of clarity. You stated your position. They agreed or disagreed and you move on. Whatever that entails

Going AWOL in a very public way, not communicating with the team, is the opposite of that. It’s childish to be honest

He got called out on it. Frankly he would have been better served to say KP was extremely frustrated and left town because he didn’t think it would be constructive to talk when that frustrated — or something to that effect. It would have at least seemed plausible

To pitch it, as he does, as some calculated genius move is doubling down on stupidity

KP seems like a smart guy. I also get that he’s trying to help out his idiot brother

My hope is he’s smart enough to navigate this

Exactly right! You can't cry about dysfunction then contribute to dysfunction. Then get called out on it get butt hurt and claim. Well if you critic us for making childish decisions. We are going to act even more childish and threaten to leave the team. Speaking on it now is also a poor decision. Missing the exit meeting has been somewhat forgotten at this point and the team has been playing well. Everyone was moving forward. Now he opens up this can of worms for the media to now question them at every turn.

And we still don't know exactly what KPs beef was. We are still left to quess. KP never claimed to have issues with the system. KP stated himself that a lot of the things have been blown out of proportion.

You know who doesnt appear to guess? The Knicks. They seem to be on the same page as KP just fine. KP is busting his butt on defense and scoring like a boss. All the guys on the floor are giving max effort. Small sample size but lets work with what we DO know yea?

Direct causality:
Offense is quickly coming together and players look better and better every day
No Phil Jackson

Defense is being played with max effort all the time
No Melo, Rose

Can you come up with bigger contributing factors? I cant....

All i'm saying is the approach was poor. That they should acknowledge that the approach was poor or just ignore that it happen all together and move on. KP when he speaks usually comes off as the voice of reason. So I don't know if its just his bro/agent making poor decisions when it comes to the politics. Or if KP is a dude who will play nice in front of the cameras but act differently behind close doors. I don't think its the case as I think he is genuine guy.

I have no problem with them holding management accountable to act professionally, do the right things, and try to build a winning org, etc. But acting unprofessional isn't the way to do it. And if you act unprofessional and get called out on it. Getting butt hurt about it isn't a good look. Janis isn't coming off here as a legit sport agent.

they will make mistakes, handle things wrong... in this case miss a meeting that might have been more productive. Who knows, maybe missing the meeting accomplished exactly what they wanted.

Im happy to finally judge by what the eyes see on the court. Hard play and guys willing to listen to the coach. Its nice to not have to figure out why that wasnt happening. Two huge personalities are gone in Phil and Melo. Add Rose's play on the court. I am very happy with how things are going. Could not have asked for more to be honest. Its early, but it seems to have taken a few games to work some things out and thats OK. Looking forward to Pho

Can you honestly say that Melo was a "huge personality", in a negative way? I mean the players have already come out and said he was always positive and a great team mate. KP's brother is saying that if anything, he was not dramatic enough and did not speak out against things going on. So is it really fair for you to group Melo in with Phil, who was anything but low key and non dramatic? Important thing is that Phil's zen like 90's tactic as a coach or no longer here and instead resting in Montana, there is no more Triangle being pushed down players throats and Melo is somewhere where he is happier as well. Everyone involved is in a better place. Time to move on.

Btw. This is a non issue for me. KP's brother is just covering up for what may have been a bad decision. Yes, there is less respect given to those that excuse their actions by blaming others, but this is what an agent gets paid to do. Brothter or not, he is his agent. Not Fake News but over exaggerated news put out by the NY media.

the problem with Melo is you cant hear what I am saying because you dont want to. You need to hear toxic and cancer and fishmike is blaming Melo for everything wrong. I have never said that and I am not saying that now. Melo is a good guy. When people talk about selfish sports people Melo is a great philanthropist. He's very talented and very good ball player. Leading a young team is not in his skill set. Lets leave it at that. I meantioned it earlier and Ill write it again:
ESPN: There are so many new faces here this season. No Phil Jackson, no Carmelo Anthony. What's been different so far this year compared to the last two seasons?

KP: I would say it’s a different vibe, a new vibe. A lot of new minds in new positions and a lot of new guys, players that want to play their best basketball that want to compete. … That’s what’s most important. We’re going out there and we’re playing hard, especially on the defensive end.

The Knicks want to defend. Jeff wants to defend. Look at his subs. He wants guys busting it there. Most every metric (including the eye test) validates that Melo played no defense last year. We all know he cant be benched. Is it a shock that the coach he had a blow up with was the guy running the defense?

Add to that Melo has shown over and over again he is not going to stop holding the ball. He is still holding the ball. Does that make him a toxic cancer? A negative? A justified source of blame? Who phucking cares and why go there? Its not as important to me as you think. Does that make Melo a TERRIBLE FIT for a coach and a FO trying to build a team that prioritizes defense and ball movement? Sure seems like a terrible fit to me. Melo was a terrible fit with this team, and even if it doesnt translate into more wins (I am betting it does) the immediate effects of the players replacing him cant be denied.

You need to hear "the Knicks are playing better because Melo isnt here" or that the bad play was his fault. Bottom line is when you have a player that is such a bad fit AND is your higest paid alpha guy then it becomes a negative. I think we are already seeing some things happening that simply could not happen with Melo here. Hey. Maybe we were better with him. Just bring back Woodson and the 54 crew. Im actually not being sarcastic. This group hasnt proved anything without Melo, but I am happy with what I see so far. Just my 2c

I responded by asking you how you can make KP's brothers statements about Melo? As it was obviously about the concern for the state of the organazation. And who was running the organzation? The only mention of Melo was that he did not stand up himself? And you respond with a Melo rant? Sigh.

Am I the only one that does not hear anything when it comes to Melo? Think its the other way around. You alwasy point out every short coming he had as though I disagree with them? You also make it seem like I did not think it was a good idea to move on? Btw. Wont do it here but I went into detail on the other thread why saying Melo was the MAIN cause of our issues has no merit. But for the purpose of claryfying why I defend Melo (YET AGAIN) i will copy paste the analogy from the other post:

Lets say Knicks dont make the playoffs this year but KP averages over 30. Do you blame him? Lets say he wins 54 next year, has a MVP type year, we make the playoffs but lose in the conference finals. Do you blame just him? Lets say the team struggles the following year and the FO decide to bring in a Prez to clean house but that Prez puts a bunch of D leaguers around him and we look like ****. Do you blame him? Will you pick on his usage rates and his assists to justify a trade? I sure wouldn't. I would defend him against all the guys that dont understand it takes more than ONE guy to make a winner. And thats the job of the front office.

Why move on? Its good discussion. Have you moved from DSj vs. Frank? But again... the blame thing is something you fixate on. Not me.

Did Melo give max effort last year? The year before? Simple honest yes or no. Answer me that and we can have an honest discussion about what is or isnt fair to blame on your franchise player. The more I see this team without him the more I see how important it was to move on.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/4/2017  11:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:People - Kristap's plays for us, his brother doesn't. Let him keep howling at the moon, focus on basketball.

Knicks fans, SMH

I don't think it is a big deal and I didn't think it was that big a deal when KP skipped the exit meeting. But I think it would not be smart to dismiss Janis as howling at the moon. The skipped exit meeting was a planned event that Janis was a part of and it was purposeful. The Knicks just need to run a franchise the right way for a few years and this is a non issue.

This is the type of thing that ensures its not run in the right way. You can't run a franchise the right way when your best player or his agent is a pouting little diva. This is what creates the dysfunction even when things are going well.

Does this even come up if there wasn't top down dysfunction created by the former pres?

The Prez isn't here any more and the team was playing well. No real reason for him to speak on this at the moment. Like when Phil spoke on Melo holding the ball to long when we were at 500. Though I could see Jackson alluding to the bigger picture should have stayed private with him and Melo. Janis doesn't like that type dysfunction but then basically does the same thing? Lucky for him his client is able to provide on the court results to cover him. Phil unfortunately didn't have that luxury.

This def wouldn't come up if the former prez didn't draft him either . I will take the good and bad of Phil drafting KP then getting himself fired.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2017  11:33 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:People - Kristap's plays for us, his brother doesn't. Let him keep howling at the moon, focus on basketball.

Knicks fans, SMH

I don't think it is a big deal and I didn't think it was that big a deal when KP skipped the exit meeting. But I think it would not be smart to dismiss Janis as howling at the moon. The skipped exit meeting was a planned event that Janis was a part of and it was purposeful. The Knicks just need to run a franchise the right way for a few years and this is a non issue.

This is the type of thing that ensures its not run in the right way. You can't run a franchise the right way when your best player or his agent is a pouting little diva. This is what creates the dysfunction even when things are going well.

Does this even come up if there wasn't top down dysfunction created by the former pres?

The Prez isn't here any more and the team was playing well. No real reason for him to speak on this at the moment. Like when Phil spoke on Melo holding the ball to long when we were at 500. Though I could see Jackson alluding to the bigger picture should have stayed private with him and Melo. Janis doesn't like that type dysfunction but then basically does the same thing? Lucky for him his client is able to provide on the court results to cover him. Phil unfortunately didn't have that luxury.

This def wouldn't come up if the former prez didn't draft him either . I will take the good and bad of Phil drafting KP then getting himself fired.

KP wouldn't work out for Philly because he wanted no part of what was going on there at the time. The dysfunction that was present with Phil was bad enough that I think KP would have left or requested a trade if Phil stayed. The offseason was looking scary with Phil talking about trading KP and raving about Rose's exit meeting. Glad he is gone and glad that he picked KP at 4. Pretty sure any exec would have made the same pick but Phil gets credit here.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
11/4/2017  12:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks fans, SMH

KP wouldn't work out for Philly because he wanted no part of what was going on there at the time. The dysfunction that was present with Phil was bad enough that I think KP would have left or requested a trade if Phil stayed. The offseason was looking scary with Phil talking about trading KP and raving about Rose's exit meeting. Glad he is gone and glad that he picked KP at 4. Pretty sure any exec would have made the same pick but Phil gets credit here.

IMO one just had to go between Melo and Phil leading to one direction. The best outcome was had though with both of them going but us keeping a lot of Phils bball principals without the media cloud of Phil's persona.

newyorknewyork
11/4/2017  12:07 PM
But again Phil is gone. So who is now providing the bulletin and possible distraction material. I'm guessing deflection will lead to Phil again.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/4/2017  12:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks fans, SMH

That's not what happened though.

You look at it from a different angle and maybe you see: There was dysfunction and something very abrupt needed to happened to straighten it out and that happened. No pouting, no diva act.

Janis should have kept his mouth shut and I'm sure they regret it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/4/2017  5:02 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks fans, SMH

Lol - your trolling of Phil knows no bounds

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/31/2019  4:53 PM
HEY JANIS--

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/31/2019  5:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  5:01 PM
The Knicks should bee static they got rid of KP he had the Melo stench all over him. Diva act and all. Just to get him and his brother out of town is the best thing to happen to the franchise.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/31/2019  5:48 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:HEY JANIS--

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Yup Yup. He is worse than Ball

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/31/2019  7:59 PM
Vmart wrote:The Knicks should bee static they got rid of KP he had the Melo stench all over him. Diva act and all. Just to get him and his brother out of town is the best thing to happen to the franchise.

So your diva if you want to win, and the franchise you play for doesn't, so I should play basketball and keep my mouth shut...OK, you could run that on rookies, 10 day guys, and 2way players

this wasn't kyrie asking for a trade because he wants to be the man, the isn't kawhi feeling slighted by his team and his teammates..

All KP and his brother ever said OR EVER WANTED is TO WIN and show progress, an you honestly say we are doing that

THIS is the NBA, a players league and they hold the cards, They all DIVAS...

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

1/31/2019  8:01 PM
Janis is a jackass and most likely will end up screwing his brother eventually
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

1/31/2019  8:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2019  8:27 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Vmart wrote:The Knicks should bee static they got rid of KP he had the Melo stench all over him. Diva act and all. Just to get him and his brother out of town is the best thing to happen to the franchise.

So your diva if you want to win, and the franchise you play for doesn't, so I should play basketball and keep my mouth shut...OK, you could run that on rookies, 10 day guys, and 2way players

this wasn't kyrie asking for a trade because he wants to be the man, the isn't kawhi feeling slighted by his team and his teammates..

All KP and his brother ever said OR EVER WANTED is TO WIN and show progress, an you honestly say we are doing that

catering to Porzingis cost us Donic last year. Guy couldnt sit out the season so he comes back for sure 100% and the Knicks are set up better long-term to win. Im glad he is gone I just wish we had better FO and coaches. Fizdale has been an unmitigated disaster too. Wouldn't be surprised if he was part of the reason Porzingis left
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
1/31/2019  8:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

You should the happiest person on the board Smith is your guy right?

knicks1248
Member: #582
1/31/2019  9:30 PM
Vmart wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You should the happiest person on the board Smith is your guy right?

I won't be happy until mills is gone.

Until then, Round and round we go, here this sht stops, nobody knows.

I like DSJ over frank..as a pg

ES
KP's brother stirs the pot yet again

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy