[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

play coach: how do [can you] stop Houston?
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  10:09 AM
they spread the floor incredibly well; those long distance 3s (i.e., 2-3 feet behind the line) are not showing off; they're risk/reward based -- that much tougher to cover versus a little harder to hit

if you try and greet them near the 3-line they're good at cutting and getting to the rim

Obviously Houston can lose the game if they don't hit shots; but as a coach how would you scheme against them?

Double Harden?
play tight man-to-man and let Harden get 50 but try and stop everyone else?
run as often as possible to tire out their starters

they are going to be tough when Paul gets back

Personally, I find the style boring to watch, but am at loss as to what would work against them defensively

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/2/2017  10:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  10:17 AM
Chandler wrote:they spread the floor incredibly well; those long distance 3s (i.e., 2-3 feet behind the line) are not showing off; they're risk/reward based -- that much tougher to cover versus a little harder to hit

if you try and greet them near the 3-line they're good at cutting and getting to the rim

Obviously Houston can lose the game if they don't hit shots; but as a coach how would you scheme against them?

Double Harden?
play tight man-to-man and let Harden get 50 but try and stop everyone else?
run as often as possible to tire out their starters

they are going to be tough when Paul gets back

Personally, I find the style boring to watch, but am at loss as to what would work against them defensively

lol, we have beat the rockets just twice since 2004, so it aint just mda's 3 point attack

http://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/knicks_vs_rockets_game_log_season.htm

ES
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/2/2017  10:18 AM
no idea, i think only option is to outscore them
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/2/2017  10:20 AM
no i have one idea , put KP at rim and 4 guards protecting perimeter
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  10:37 AM
Pressure Harden as soon as he gets off the bus. Tire him out. Double him as soon as he gets to the mid court line to force him to give up the ball and then deny. Make him work. Whoever is guarding him has to run in transition all the time. Make Harden work on defense. This is the only way.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  10:53 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Pressure Harden as soon as he gets off the bus. Tire him out. Double him as soon as he gets to the mid court line to force him to give up the ball and then deny. Make him work. Whoever is guarding him has to run in transition all the time. Make Harden work on defense. This is the only way.

Honestly, this is what I thought. Play deny and then as he gets past half court double him; and just to be sure mix up your doubles so he doesn't know where it will come from

Then, I thought how scary they'll be when Paul gets back because they'll have two elite facilitators.

it's a very difficult system to stop

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/2/2017  12:13 PM
On offense -You have to try tho make Harden work on the other end, run right at him over and over again till he gets tired or gets in foul trouble. But we also have to make shots at a very high clip, not clank them off the rim.

On defense let Harden and Paul get their points but contest them all the way lock down their remaining shooters. It will give us a chance, need to play good team defense can't have anyone slouching

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
play coach: how do [can you] stop Houston?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy