Author Thread
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
8/31/2004  11:15 AM
Posted by ToddTT:
Posted by s3231:

Imagine if Jordan joined the Heat and they failed to win a championship, his image would take a huge blow.

Six championships tarnished by a stint with a team like the Heat? Or the Knicks! No way. His image will always reflect what he did in Chicago. He could come back and average 2 ppg and he'd still be MJ.

Just take a look at how much bashing was done to him when he played for the Wizards. He couldn't get them to the playoffs despite averaging over 20 ppg as a 40 year old and the media had a field day. As a big Jordan fan I just don't want to see him fail again because then I will turn on the t.v. or pick up a newspaper and the guy will be bashed like crazy. I know that this article doesn't prove anything (he's just playing bball with some friends) but I just hope he doesn't come back because I don't want to see him leave the league again not on top. However, if the guy really wants to play ball in the NBA again, I will support him. I know I would have a tough time staying retired if I was in his position.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/31/2004  2:21 PM
Posted by s3231:
Posted by ToddTT:
Posted by s3231:

Imagine if Jordan joined the Heat and they failed to win a championship, his image would take a huge blow.

Six championships tarnished by a stint with a team like the Heat? Or the Knicks! No way. His image will always reflect what he did in Chicago. He could come back and average 2 ppg and he'd still be MJ.

Just take a look at how much bashing was done to him when he played for the Wizards. He couldn't get them to the playoffs despite averaging over 20 ppg as a 40 year old and the media had a field day. As a big Jordan fan I just don't want to see him fail again because then I will turn on the t.v. or pick up a newspaper and the guy will be bashed like crazy. I know that this article doesn't prove anything (he's just playing bball with some friends) but I just hope he doesn't come back because I don't want to see him leave the league again not on top. However, if the guy really wants to play ball in the NBA again, I will support him. I know I would have a tough time staying retired if I was in his position.
If I were, I'd play because I love the game. Nothing tarnishes what he's already accomplished. The past can't be changed. Who cares if people bash you on message boards, which you seem to think is relevant
s3231
USA
8/31/2004  2:35 PM
"If I were, I'd play because I love the game. Nothing tarnishes what he's already accomplished. The past can't be changed. Who cares if people bash you on message boards, which you seem to think is relevant"

I never mentioned anything about message boards. I just said that I don't want to see him getting bashed by the media again. To me he will always be the best player in the world who led the Bulls to 6 championships. I just don't want to see the guy have to go into isolation again because he got bashed like crazy.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/31/2004  2:36 PM
Unless I see a quote from MJ himself saying he's considering it, I'm gonna assume he was just playing some ball with Finley and Walker.
This is just being blown out of proportion IMO. The guy was the greatest player in the NBA and because he was playing ball in his 40s means a comeback? (Albeit he already came back 3 times)

Who knows if his body can take it anymore. He would be great as part of an organization, but I have doubts about him coming back to play.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/31/2004  3:33 PM
Posted by s3231:

"If I were, I'd play because I love the game. Nothing tarnishes what he's already accomplished. The past can't be changed. Who cares if people bash you on message boards, which you seem to think is relevant"

I never mentioned anything about message boards. I just said that I don't want to see him getting bashed by the media again.
Okay; I didn't realize you were so concerned about media bashing but not concerned about message board bashing of Jordan. My point was that I wouldn't let anyone dictate my own priorities. I would play simply because I loved the game even if 100% of people (be it on message boards, in the media, or anywhere else) in the world didn't like it
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/31/2004  3:59 PM
Hahahaha, I'm surprised that no has objected to signing Jordan on the grounds that he'd take away playing time from TT, Crawford, and Ariza. :)
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
s3231
USA
8/31/2004  4:19 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by s3231:

I never mentioned anything about message boards. I just said that I don't want to see him getting bashed by the media again.
Okay; I didn't realize you were so concerned about media bashing but not concerned about message board bashing of Jordan. My point was that I wouldn't let anyone dictate my own priorities. I would play simply because I loved the game even if 100% of people (be it on message boards, in the media, or anywhere else) in the world didn't like it

The thing with the message board bashing is Jordan doesn't really have to see that. With the media however, he could just turn on the TV, read a newspaper, or get called by a journalist at home and he would be constantly reminded of what he did. I'm not saying at all that he shouldn't play just because I don't want him too or the media doesn't want him too, I never said that at all. I just don't want him to be bashed if he failed with whichever team he joined. I agree with you, I wouldn't let the media or anyone else dictate what I do.

As Matt said, we have to remember that this article doesn't mean anything, he could've just been playing basketball for fun. The only reason I posed this thread was to see what everyone would think if Jordan did indeed come back.

[Edited by - s3231 on 08/31/2004 16:20:11]
OT: Say it ain't so Michael......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy