Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
8/30/2004  9:01 PM
MJ reportedly holding his own vs. NBA types
Story Tools: Print Email
FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 days ago

"Michael Jordan has been spotted playing basketball at one of his favorite practice facilities against Michael Finley and Antoine Walker, according to the Chicago Tribune.

But the fact that an unidentified witness reportedly says MJ is holding his own at Hoops The Gym against a couple NBA standouts simply begs the question:
Is Jordan considering another return to the league as a player?

Michael Jordan has been playing basketball. Is there any chance he might resume his NBA playing career? ( / GettyImages)

The Tribune cautions against an MJ comeback craze by saying the legend is 41 years old. And he's been removed from the NBA for a full season after he averaged 20 points per game for the Washington Wizards in 2002-03.

What's more, Jordan's next return is expected to be in an ownership role.

But then again, Jordan has shown a penchant for doing the unexpected, such as living out his dream as a professional baseball player.

Remember that?

It is also worth noting things didn't end so well between the Wizards and Jordan. It was team owner Abe Polin who did the unthinkable.

He gave MJ the pink slip!

Maybe there's room for Jordan on the Miami Heat's roster. Heck, can you think of a better NBA trio than Pat Riley, Shaquille O'Neal — and No. 23?

That union would allow Jordan to crush Polin's Wizards at nearly every turn.

And when you consider Dwyane Wade's possible move to shooting guard, perhaps Jordan could serve as mentor.

Chances are Jordan will elect to stay retired and never play again on the NBA hardwood.

But we can dream, can't we?"

I just hope Jordan isn't even thinking about coming back. I know he can still play at a high level but if things were to turn out like they did with the Wizards again, then his legacy would be tarnised even more. Imagine if Jordan joined the Heat and they failed to win a championship, his image would take a huge blow. Though I would love to get another chance to watch Jordan play I hope he stays retired.

"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/30/2004  9:19 PM
If I were an NBA player, I'd play until no team would keep me or until I stopped loving the game. Even if I knew I could retire and go into the hall-of-fame, as long as I still loved the game, I'd keep playing when I was 38 or 48 or even 98 if a team wanted to sign me and I felt I could handle it.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/30/2004 21:21:01]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/30/2004  9:24 PM
i hope he stays retired...it's way past the point of getting me excited to think about him coming back now...that feeling went away after the 1st 2 times.

just stay retired MJ...unless you want to play for the Knicks that is...then i'll make an exception.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
8/30/2004  9:34 PM
If I were him, I couldn't care less if fans got excited about me or not. I'd play simply because I love the game. Fans could hate or love my decision, but their feelings would be 100% irrelevant.
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
8/30/2004  9:50 PM
Please no more MJ! Hasn't the man done enough damage against the Knicks?

Stay retired Mike and play golf.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2004  9:57 PM
Posted by TMS:

i hope he stays retired...it's way past the point of getting me excited to think about him coming back now...that feeling went away after the 1st 2 times.

just stay retired MJ...unless you want to play for the Knicks that is...then i'll make an exception.

Funny.....

Wouldn't that be the funniest sheet?

Knowing MJ he would do it then try to become part owner then Fire Isiah, lol. That would be some crazy stuff.....

MJ needs to just do him....I could care less what he does....Just as long as we have Jamal Crawford available to cross the hell out of him when he gets back to MSG.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
8/30/2004  10:11 PM
Posted by s3231:

Imagine if Jordan joined the Heat and they failed to win a championship, his image would take a huge blow.

Six championships tarnished by a stint with a team like the Heat? Or the Knicks! No way. His image will always reflect what he did in Chicago. He could come back and average 2 ppg and he'd still be MJ.
Bonn1997
USA
8/30/2004  10:23 PM
Posted by ToddTT:
Posted by s3231:

Imagine if Jordan joined the Heat and they failed to win a championship, his image would take a huge blow.

Six championships tarnished by a stint with a team like the Heat? Or the Knicks! No way. His image will always reflect what he did in Chicago. He could come back and average 2 ppg and he'd still be MJ.
Exactly
TMS
USA
8/30/2004  10:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

If I were him, I couldn't care less if fans got excited about me or not. I'd play simply because I love the game. Fans could hate or love my decision, but their feelings would be 100% irrelevant.

that's nice...i'd still not get excited over it though unless he were coming back as a Knick...i don't believe i ever said he should base his decision on what the fans thought about it.

[Edited by - TMS on 08/30/2004 22:47:32]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
knixphan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #258
Switzerland
8/30/2004  10:58 PM
Yeah, fans' opinions mean nothing...You think Jordan is on his computer sending IM's to Charles about his image with the fans? Probably not. The world gets seriously smaller when you're worth billions...very few things remain important, and opinions are probably the steepest falloff...As long as Mike has fun and doesn't kidnap young girls, I say 'have a ball'...literally.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
TMS
USA
8/30/2004  11:02 PM
how do you know he hasn't kidnapped any young girls in his day?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/30/2004  11:10 PM
He's in danger of becoming like a punch drunk boxer.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/30/2004  11:19 PM
Some of you will say it doesnt matter but I have a hard time seeing Jordan in a Knicks uni.All those battles,championships that never were in large part because of him makes me want to see the Knicks do it without him.Of course if he were a Knick Id support him but still....
Bonn1997
USA
8/30/2004  11:31 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Some of you will say it doesnt matter but I have a hard time seeing Jordan in a Knicks uni.All those battles,championships that never were in large part because of him makes me want to see the Knicks do it without him.Of course if he were a Knick Id support him but still....
I think people here were just joking around. I don't think anyone seriously expects him to come back to the Knicks. Even before Isiah came here, no one could seriously expect it. But now that Isiah is here, the idea of him coming to the Knicks is even more silly. I don't think anyone here meant it as more than a joke
Kwazimodal
8/31/2004  12:08 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I think people here were just joking around. I don't think anyone seriously expects him to come back to the Knicks. Even before Isiah came here, no one could seriously expect it. But now that Isiah is here, the idea of him coming to the Knicks is even more silly. I don't think anyone here meant it as more than a joke

Wasnt commenting on the likelihood of him being in a Knicks uniform but the idea of him wearing one.
Bonn1997
USA
8/31/2004  12:11 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Wasnt commenting on the likelihood of him being in a Knicks uniform but the idea of him wearing one.
okay. I interpreted your comment as meaning that he would be unlikely to join the Knicks. "Some of you will say it doesnt matter but I have a hard time seeing Jordan in a Knicks uni"
Maybe your comment would have been clearer if you said *why* you had a hard time seeing him in a Knick uniform. I'm not sure what else you could mean other than that you have a hard time seeing him in a Knick uniform because it is unlikely that he would be in one
Kwazimodal
8/31/2004  12:30 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Kwazimodal:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

okay. I interpreted your comment as meaning that he would be unlikely to join the Knicks. "Some of you will say it doesnt matter but I have a hard time seeing Jordan in a Knicks uni"
Maybe your comment would have been clearer if you said *why* you had a hard time seeing him in a Knick uniform. I'm not sure what else you could mean other than that you have a hard time seeing him in a Knick uniform because it is unlikely that he would be in one

Huh? I said I have a hard time seeing him in a Knicks uniform and then I explain why because of all those battles the Knicks had with Jordan.Not sure why you are having trouble following that.You arent sniffing glue again are you?
Bonn1997
USA
8/31/2004  5:55 AM
No, battling with a team doesn't prevent you from signing with it. Sorry, I simply thought you had a real reason in mind.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
8/31/2004  9:36 AM
I can actually picture Jordan playing along side of Shaq and Wade, oh, get this, and win the championship. Jordan, believe it or not can still put up 20 ppg and 8 rpg. His basketball savvy is far superior than Kobe, Tmack, and Vince. With Shaq and Wade as the anchors, Jordan can play the role of a third scorrer. Once he wins the championship that has elluded him with the sorry Wizzards, he can finally retire and assume the role of a part owner. However, Jordan wants to be a majority owner, I don't know if he can get that with the Heat.
The true Knickabocker..........
Kwazimodal
8/31/2004  10:06 AM
"Real reason"? Please.We are all expressing our own personal opinions.Never heard of a person having an "unreal" reason.

Flush

OT: Say it ain't so Michael......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy