[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

True story
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/1/2017  4:38 PM

Kristaps Porzingis’ brother and agent Janis Porzingis, discussed the “Unicorn’s” decision to skip last season’s exit interview and how the Knicks should evaluate the player before discussions for a new contract.

By Eurohoops team/ info@eurohoops.net

Here’s what Janis Porzingis said in an interview with Latvian website Sportacentrs:

On Kristaps skipping the exit meetings:

“That wasn’t an emotional decision. It wasn’t a spontaneous action. We had been thinking about it for a long time and it was thought of true decision we came up with together. It was a logical next step for us, without which we would’ve been in one situation, but now after we did it – we are in another”

“It’s interesting how many people who are even somehow involved in all of this, have criticized it afterward as something so unprofessional!! Just look at Melo, how he is handling things… And I’m thinking, “wait a minute”. In reality, if he for once, decided to fight for something, we wouldn’t be in this situation and Kristaps wouldn’t be forced to take all the damage to himself. It wasn’t done for some personal interest or ambitions or dislike for someone, it was for the sake of overall peace. It should have been a task for the team’s leaders, but Melo and people around him never tried to change anything.”

On a new contract with the New York Knicks:

“First – it’s a long time before signing a new deal. “Second – there are so many things that can happen in the season, so it’s a waste of time thinking about it now. He needs to be healthy and play his game. And even that is conditional, as we know (Joel) Embiid was recently awarded a maximum contract for 30 games.”

“The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career? Because money – if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That’s definitely not our goal, so we won’t be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can’t escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that. From their point of view, Kristaps is the focal point at the moment so you cannot upset him much or otherwise, at the end of the season, he will say “it’s not so cool here.” The second question is: Who are the New York audience coming to watch now? To a large extent, it’s Kristaps. So the organization has to take that into account.”

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2017  4:47 PM
teamsport72 wrote:

Kristaps Porzingis’ brother and agent Janis Porzingis, discussed the “Unicorn’s” decision to skip last season’s exit interview and how the Knicks should evaluate the player before discussions for a new contract.

By Eurohoops team/ info@eurohoops.net

Here’s what Janis Porzingis said in an interview with Latvian website Sportacentrs:

On Kristaps skipping the exit meetings:

“That wasn’t an emotional decision. It wasn’t a spontaneous action. We had been thinking about it for a long time and it was thought of true decision we came up with together. It was a logical next step for us, without which we would’ve been in one situation, but now after we did it – we are in another”

“It’s interesting how many people who are even somehow involved in all of this, have criticized it afterward as something so unprofessional!! Just look at Melo, how he is handling things… And I’m thinking, “wait a minute”. In reality, if he for once, decided to fight for something, we wouldn’t be in this situation and Kristaps wouldn’t be forced to take all the damage to himself. It wasn’t done for some personal interest or ambitions or dislike for someone, it was for the sake of overall peace. It should have been a task for the team’s leaders, but Melo and people around him never tried to change anything.”

On a new contract with the New York Knicks:

“First – it’s a long time before signing a new deal. “Second – there are so many things that can happen in the season, so it’s a waste of time thinking about it now. He needs to be healthy and play his game. And even that is conditional, as we know (Joel) Embiid was recently awarded a maximum contract for 30 games.”

“The most important question here is this: What do you really want to achieve in your career? Because money – if Kristaps performs at least on his normal level, is gonna come. We are more focused on some other values and not just to quickly sign a new contract so we can collect the money. That’s definitely not our goal, so we won’t be feverishly counting minutes or counting points. You can’t escape the reality and the Knicks must also see that. From their point of view, Kristaps is the focal point at the moment so you cannot upset him much or otherwise, at the end of the season, he will say “it’s not so cool here.” The second question is: Who are the New York audience coming to watch now? To a large extent, it’s Kristaps. So the organization has to take that into account.”

Kristaps owns the Knicks right now

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2017  4:53 PM
I'm surprised at that shot he took at Melo. I thought Melo was the locker room instigator. KP's bro acting like Melo didn't instigate much of anything - good or bad.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/1/2017  5:30 PM
Melo could never win regardless the position he took with the knicks. I hope it works out for Janis and hopefully the knicks never go through any real tough situation before KP signs his extension. Also, it will be interesting to see if KP picks up his passing or plays to get the mega max extension.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
11/1/2017  6:12 PM
I have no clue what he is trying to say about Melo. But the later part sounds along the lines of we want to be on a contender. Or we don't want to be in a place where the media is quick to tear us down.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/1/2017  8:45 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:I'm surprised at that shot he took at Melo. I thought Melo was the locker room instigator. KP's bro acting like Melo didn't instigate much of anything - good or bad.

No he is just calling out Melo for being a poor leader sand not using his position to improve the team.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
mlby1215
Member: #6486

11/2/2017  5:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  9:00 AM
There is a lot of things to get in his msg, and it is totally different from what knicks fans assumed.

He skipped the meeting to fight for Melo? haha It was totally unrelated. His brother wanted/wants something, and he was annoyed Melo didn't do it first. His brother was playing politics, probably pressuring the management to do something.

But the question is what the "something" is. Firing Phil is possible, but I remember his brother once hold meeting with Phil in summer and Phil refused his request. I don't think one would ask someone to resign. It must have been something else under Phil control.

At last, probably it is why Phil got fired. Very soon we should know what they wanted. Obviously it is not about firing Jeff, for the reason he is still here. Anyway I think we are very funny that we always look at things in the way we want. Fought for Melo? haha. Melo was being pushed out Knicks? haha. KP and his brother care for themselves, and Melo has a son telling him to go to OKC.

Second, they wants max money, and success. it means we will have to make to playoff very soon. It means we will have to have a very strong team. Keeping picks? tanking for another future star? His brother already sounds like "We know we already have max money and we want something more"

At last, no one will counter them. They are the king now. We have got what we always wanted. A super powerful superstar who will control everything of the team. If they want trading picks for someone KP wants to play with, Knicks will.

Chandler
Member: #6197

11/2/2017  1:49 PM
Janis is going to be a nightmare. He's an agent simply because his brother is a budding superstar. Absent KP no one would even know the world had a Janis

Melo fought many fights (usually unwise fights IMO involving keeping his me-first attitude); but to say KP fought because Melo didn't is retarded -- plain and simple.
If KP wanted to fight, he should have gone to the exit interview looked everyone in the eye and said his piece professionally, and with full candor

The skipped exit was very immature and unwise, and Janis is showing very thin skin about the criticism: one can imagine that this was Janis's idea

He is in way, way, way above his head. Hopefully he doesn't do anything else stupid to KP's career.

(5)(5)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/2/2017  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  1:59 PM
I kept telling y'all money is not the driving force behind his motivation. You guys keep thinking hes some inner city AAU kid press for money. Janis has made that perfectly clear last summer. All KPp has ever said is he wants to win win win, and you guys keep talking about tanking and high draft picks.

Mills better find a way to speed up the rebuild process or you risk losing this kid sooner than later..

ES
True story

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy