[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

November is the key to a playoff spot for this young knicks team
Author Thread
knickknack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5891

11/1/2017  2:31 PM
I took a look at the printable schedule from knicks.com and noticed a ton of blue (Home Games) this month. the knicks play 11 of their 15 November ball games at the garden to exact. for the knicks fans, like myself, that value playoff experience for the new core of the team over a potential mid-lottery bust, this means we can probably forecast our playoff chances based on the winning percentage entering December. Hopefully this is old news to the players and coaching staff and potentially has something to do with the very inspired play we've seen over the past three games. In my humble opinion KP has already begun to leave his mark in record books as the Knicks Franchise player, therefore similar to the Bucks with Giannis, the time for the knicks to tank for draft picks has already past. we have our franchise player and potential supporting cast in place lets win some games, make the playoffs, sign some free agents, and use our late first rounders to fill out the back half of the roster.

I touched on a few different points in this post but each of them is probably equally worthy of discussion so I'll repeat them in the form of questions:

how important do you think the month of November is to the knicks' season?

which do you value most, a high lottery pick or a playoff spot?

has KP's big numbers and the recent string of games adjusted your timeline and expectation related to the rebuild?

can't wait to hear y'all thoughts

trust the kristaps-cess!
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  2:36 PM
knickknack wrote:I took a look at the printable schedule from knicks.com and noticed a ton of blue (Home Games) this month. the knicks play 11 of their 15 November ball games at the garden to exact. for the knicks fans, like myself, that value playoff experience for the new core of the team over a potential mid-lottery bust, this means we can probably forecast our playoff chances based on the winning percentage entering December. Hopefully this is old news to the players and coaching staff and potentially has something to do with the very inspired play we've seen over the past three games. In my humble opinion KP has already begun to leave his mark in record books as the Knicks Franchise player, therefore similar to the Bucks with Giannis, the time for the knicks to tank for draft picks has already past. we have our franchise player and potential supporting cast in place lets win some games, make the playoffs, sign some free agents, and use our late first rounders to fill out the back half of the roster.

I touched on a few different points in this post but each of them is probably equally worthy of discussion so I'll repeat them in the form of questions:

has KP's big numbers and the recent string of games adjusted your timeline and expectation related to the rebuild?

Knicks were 16-16 on New Year's Eve last year, and 22-22 on Jan 21, 2015.

My thoughts are I think we should slow the roll a little bit.

knickknack
Member: #5891

11/1/2017  2:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knickknack wrote:I took a look at the printable schedule from knicks.com and noticed a ton of blue (Home Games) this month. the knicks play 11 of their 15 November ball games at the garden to exact. for the knicks fans, like myself, that value playoff experience for the new core of the team over a potential mid-lottery bust, this means we can probably forecast our playoff chances based on the winning percentage entering December. Hopefully this is old news to the players and coaching staff and potentially has something to do with the very inspired play we've seen over the past three games. In my humble opinion KP has already begun to leave his mark in record books as the Knicks Franchise player, therefore similar to the Bucks with Giannis, the time for the knicks to tank for draft picks has already past. we have our franchise player and potential supporting cast in place lets win some games, make the playoffs, sign some free agents, and use our late first rounders to fill out the back half of the roster.

I'm drawing attention to the amount of home games, history shows a big indicator of a team making the playoffs is the their record at home, and a good portion of our homes games are in November. I'm not saying have a good november makes us a lock for the playoffs but rather if we have a bad month that our chances go down pretty significantly because we'd have to win soo many on the road.

trust the kristaps-cess!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  2:44 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

They also lost over 10 games straight effectively killing the season right after that....

The role shouldn't be slowed.... the Knicks need to effectively smash the competition early as to give us a buffer to withstand the dog days of the season. Good teams never stop grinding. The Knicks need to keep working. Get morale up and get their plan of attack down to a science where all 15 guys are ready to contribute... No slowing of roles. Just busting of ass!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime

11/1/2017  2:49 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They also lost over 10 games straight effectively killing the season right after that....

The role shouldn't be slowed.... the Knicks need to effectively smash the competition early as to give us a buffer to withstand the dog days of the season. Good teams never stop grinding. The Knicks need to keep working. Get morale up and get their plan of attack down to a science where all 15 guys are ready to contribute... No slowing of roles. Just busting of ass!

I'm saying makeup of the schedule aside, we don't know if this team is good enough to make the postseason under any circumstances yet. They've looked great the last three games, it doesn't mean it's who they really are.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/1/2017  2:49 PM
Lets see if we can even hang with Houston, let alone beat them, for starters. We got off to decent enough starts for 2 seasons in a row. We shouldn’t be talking about how to take care of the ball better, being more consistent on defense, establishing KP and Little Timmy more, and developing Frankie, amongst 5,000,000 other things before we talk playoffs.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EnySpree

11/1/2017  3:33 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:Lets see if we can even hang with Houston, let alone beat them, for starters. We got off to decent enough starts for 2 seasons in a row. We shouldn’t be talking about how to take care of the ball better, being more consistent on defense, establishing KP and Little Timmy more, and developing Frankie, amongst 5,000,000 other things before we talk playoffs.

If we lose to Houston what does that mean? Cleveland lost to us and Brooklyn.... Golden state list to detroit and someone else bad.... it's 82 games... what matters is we take control of watt we do an consistently execute night in and out.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2017  3:46 PM
You dont win a marathon in this first 10 minutes.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

11/1/2017  4:09 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:Lets see if we can even hang with Houston, let alone beat them, for starters. We got off to decent enough starts for 2 seasons in a row. We shouldn’t be talking about how to take care of the ball better, being more consistent on defense, establishing KP and Little Timmy more, and developing Frankie, amongst 5,000,000 other things before we talk playoffs.

If we lose to Houston what does that mean? Cleveland lost to us and Brooklyn.... Golden state list to detroit and someone else bad.... it's 82 games... what matters is we take control of watt we do an consistently execute night in and out.

They can do that and still may not be good enough.

Less a question about execution at this stage and more of a question of talent.

EnySpree

11/1/2017  4:31 PM
knickknack wrote:The knicks play 11 of their 15 November ball games at the garden

Anyway this is a great opportunity.... go knicks!

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/1/2017  4:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

yup, the knicks have started of respectable the last 2 season, only to crash land by january

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/1/2017  4:47 PM
EnySpree wrote:

That was close to my point. The OP is talking about playoffs and I am saying we can’t have THAT much of a long term goal quite yet. We need to be focusing on each game and building and improving from the last. It’s way too early to be singing our own praises to the point that we talk about the playoffs in November.

We have Houston tonight. Lets beat them. Lets see Harden have a less than stunning game and lets see KP have a GREAT game. Lets see if we can hold Houston to below 105 points whether that’s a low standard or not. Lets see below 16 TOs and lets see way more assists. That’s what I am thinking of right now.

Want a long term goal? Lets finish November 3 games above .500.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/1/2017  4:51 PM
Allanfan20 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

That was close to my point. The OP is talking about playoffs and I am saying we can’t have THAT much of a long term goal quite yet. We need to be focusing on each game and building and improving from the last. It’s way too early to be singing our own praises to the point that we talk about the playoffs in November.

We have Houston tonight. Lets beat them. Lets see Harden have a less than stunning game and lets see KP have a GREAT game. Lets see if we can hold Houston to below 105 points whether that’s a low standard or not. Lets see below 16 TOs and lets see way more assists. That’s what I am thinking of right now.

Want a long term goal? Lets finish November 3 games above .500.

Im just enjoying game by game. The only bad takeaway so far is that I wish we won that Detroit game. We all watched the 3rd Q against Denver--with advanced scouting--will teams be able to turn us over like that? Some great analytic signs in terms of being +20 in 4 games out of 6 but we have also seen the opposite.

To be good-we will need KP to score 25 every night and then Kanter 16-12 with Hardaway Mcdermott Lee Oquinn etc.. being consistent for another 65-70 --it will be a wait and see.

RIP Crushalot😞
November is the key to a playoff spot for this young knicks team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy