11/1/2017  10:53 AM

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/1/2017  10:54 AM
say what you will about dolan, but between hiring phil and going after west, you can't say he hasn't be trying...
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  11:02 AM
"There is only one man who can do the job better than Steve Mills, and that's Jerry West".

Hope that wasnt the case. I give Mills credit, Perry still looks like an inspired hire. I do worry about what Mills would do as far as pushing deals, if he thought his job was on the line.

Has great survival instincts, which usually doesn't really do much for the Knicks. Im happy things are going well, but Mills has a long ways to go before I trust in his ability to do whats best for the team. No matter how much cheerleading I hear to the contrary.

newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

11/1/2017  11:15 AM
That would of been a great hire and would of instantly brought this Knicks organization back to being respected. Now i'm gonna keep thinking about how he said the timing wasn't right and that maybe he left the door open for joining the Knicks at another time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2017  11:16 AM
GustavBahler wrote:"There is only one man who can do the job better than Steve Mills, and that's Jerry West".

Hope that wasnt the case. I give Mills credit, Perry still looks like an inspired hire. I do worry about what Mills would do as far as pushing deals, if he thought his job was on the line.

Has great survival instincts, which usually doesn't really do much for the Knicks. Im happy things are going well, but Mills has a long ways to go before I trust in his ability to do whats best for the team. No matter how much cheerleading I hear to the contrary.

Agree. Dolan is loyal. He just needs to be loyal to good BB people. Hopefully Perry brings that. I dont see Mill's name on much. The THj signing?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  11:21 AM
Wait a minute here.....

We're on a 3 game winning streak and Bitch Lawrence wants to print a snuff article about Jerry West turning Dolan down?

Fuck this ****!!!! We're not about to give this any energy!!! I say lock this thread. We haven't seen Dolan in months. Who gives a **** about Jerry West?

Fuck Mitch Lawrence and the ny media. Enough of this bull****!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/1/2017  11:25 AM
West has proven himself with multiple franchises. Would have been great
(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  11:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  11:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:"There is only one man who can do the job better than Steve Mills, and that's Jerry West".

Agree. Dolan is loyal. He just needs to be loyal to good BB people. Hopefully Perry brings that. I dont see Mill's name on much. The THj signing?

I stand corrected, you're right, so far THJ is looking like a good signing, if he can keep playing like a starter. I hope that Mills keeps letting Perry make the bball decisions. Mills knew THJ from his first stint. Knicks love the familiar (which is why Mills is still here) how much of that played into his decision, only Mills knows.

Perry is a breath of fresh air into this organization. Id like to see him be allowed to show what he can do. Might not be young, but Perry is a youngblood with this franchise, which is what this team really needed IMO.

fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  11:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I stand corrected, you're right, so far THJ is looking like a good signing, if he can keep playing like a starter. I hope that Mills keeps letting Perry make the bball decisions. Mills knew THJ from his first stint. Knicks love the familiar (which is why Mills is still here) how much of that played into his decision, only Mills knows.

Perry is a breath of fresh air into this organization. Id like to see him be allowed to show what he can do. Might not be young, but Perry is a youngblood with this franchise, which is what this team really needed IMO.

total agree. He could be a legit savior.. gotta curb the enthusiasm as its Dolan's Knicks but I agree. He's a people guy. So far the product looks good. Players are working hard to earn minutes and the guys on the floor and busting their butts on both ends. KP is showing great leadership on the floor also.

There was a play during that horrible 3rd vs. Denver. I think it was off a miss or a bad play from KP, but it ended in a Wilson Chandler fast break. Chandler didnt score as he bobbled the ball but KP was one of the guys flying down the court to do anything possible to stop him from scoring. Its a pure effort play smart or not, but when you see the leading scorer busting it down court on D like that it says something. We certainly didnt see that with the prior leading scorers. Stuff like that tells me we are on the right path.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/1/2017  12:20 PM
Jerry West is 79. This was a weak, late effort.

I would rather Dolan have gone after Popovich or Buford and say - come be my prez, I will give you 5% ownership.

No one is saying no to that.

It's what should have been done with Checkets and Riley.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/1/2017  12:31 PM
fishmike wrote:

And the R.Baker signing who both players i really like but both players were overpaid. If you do compare Timmy's contract with some other contracts given out to some guards you could make a case that he was paid the going rate but i think he could of got him a little cheaper like around $15 mil per. R.Baker was definitely overpaid, we should of gave him the minimum.

fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  1:06 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

And the R.Baker signing who both players i really like but both players were overpaid. If you do compare Timmy's contract with some other contracts given out to some guards you could make a case that he was paid the going rate but i think he could of got him a little cheaper like around $15 mil per. R.Baker was definitely overpaid, we should of gave him the minimum.

Dont have a problem with Baker. His contract prohibits us from nothing. He worked crazy hard and was rewarded with a good check although incredibly modest by NBA standards. Whats the downside? Please spell it out for me.

Im not even a Baker fan. I think he's gone in a year or so cause he's not very good. But he worked hard and Knicks gave him a good check. THj has plenty to prove but that money could have been used elsewhere. What are you going to do with Ron's money? Staff loves him. Bring him back for a year. Whoop de doo

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/1/2017  1:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Dont have a problem with Baker. His contract prohibits us from nothing. He worked crazy hard and was rewarded with a good check although incredibly modest by NBA standards. Whats the downside? Please spell it out for me.

Im not even a Baker fan. I think he's gone in a year or so cause he's not very good. But he worked hard and Knicks gave him a good check. THj has plenty to prove but that money could have been used elsewhere. What are you going to do with Ron's money? Staff loves him. Bring him back for a year. Whoop de doo

Baker’s money is not a problem. I STILL think Baker is going to get his offensive game going. He’s already a positive impact player before he even got his offense going. He can only get better. I see him being a good role player off the bench. A Dellavadova type.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2017  2:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Baker’s money is not a problem. I STILL think Baker is going to get his offensive game going. He’s already a positive impact player before he even got his offense going. He can only get better. I see him being a good role player off the bench. A Dellavadova type.

I was thinking about this the other day. How Harris got a 4 yr 84 mil extension and no one really batted an eye. He is a good player and is better than Hardaway at the moment. But He isn't THAT much better than Hardaway who got 4 yrs 71 mil. They both got paid with their teams hoping for growth as they enter their primes.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2017  4:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

It wasn't a great move. He isn't paid much but he is over paid. He also was given a player option on year two. That isn't how negotiations are usually handled with fringe players. I am going to go out on a limb and say he picks up his option at the end of the year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2017  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:

It wasn't a great move. He isn't paid much but he is over paid. He also was given a player option on year two. That isn't how negotiations are usually handled with fringe players. I am going to go out on a limb and say he picks up his option at the end of the year.

You have to believe that he relied on Jeffs input when it came to Baker. I don't think he gives Baker this deal without Jeff giving him a full endorsement. Probably over sold him since he was such a breath of fresh air from Rose.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Mitch Lawrence: Dolan Asked Jerry West To Be President, West Turned Down

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy