[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we're often quick to blame; for a change, who gets the credit for ...
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/1/2017  10:12 AM
the Knicks playing with this much energy and guts?

Horny?
KP?
Veteran leadership from Lee and dare I say THJ?
JJ?

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

11/1/2017  10:13 AM
ALL OF THE ABOVE
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/1/2017  10:47 AM
Yes, all of the above. Hornacek gets credit for sticking to his lineup after 3 games with the exception of the PG change, which obviously was the right call. When most of us saw Jack was starting, i'm sure we all threw up a little in our mouths, but it proved to be the right move at the right time. Porzingis gets credit for raising his game to the level his summer workout videos indicated he could. Looks like he wasn't just doing it all for the IG 'likes'. He is damn good, and has taken on a leadership role. Lee and Jack deserve a majority of the veteran recognition. Clearly they have led a culture change and stability in the lineup. Hopefully we can continue to trend up, although we need to understand that the growth process will come with it's share of ups and downs.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  10:54 AM
Melo's absence...

Hey, somebody was going to say it... :-)

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  10:57 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:ALL OF THE ABOVE

💪

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/1/2017  11:02 AM
Knickoftime wrote:Melo's absence...

It's true... Melo is in OKC being Melo. Holding the ball for 5-7 seconds before he makes a move. On a team with superstars that might work... Melo would kill everything we're doing now on both ends

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2017  11:14 AM
its patience. I have said we have better players. We have better guards. Melo was bad here last year so moving from that scene had little downside. People need to give the coaches and players some time to figure things out. Bottom line is the guys on the floor are playing hard.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2017  11:18 AM
Defense is clicking. We have perimeter players that can really guard the perimeter. The paint is no longer a runway for players to takeoff. I also love the way we push the ball at every chance. It's just really beautiful basketball to watch.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/1/2017  11:40 AM
Tonight will be a game i'm very interested in watching how we play especially defensively and how we shoot it against Houston. We have a seriously tough run coming starting on Nov 13th when we play Clev who i'm sure will be looking for payback and then:

Utah
Toronto
LA Clips
Toronto
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Miami--last game in Nov.

fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  11:44 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:Tonight will be a game i'm very interested in watching how we play especially defensively and how we shoot it against Houston. We have a seriously tough run coming starting on Nov 13th when we play Clev who i'm sure will be looking for payback and then:

Utah
Toronto
LA Clips
Toronto
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Miami--last game in Nov.

size and defense are the two things that arent streaky in this league. Show up every night, play defense and own the boards and you will be OK. We have the personnel for this blueprint IMO
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/1/2017  11:46 AM
fishmike wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Tonight will be a game i'm very interested in watching how we play especially defensively and how we shoot it against Houston. We have a seriously tough run coming starting on Nov 13th when we play Clev who i'm sure will be looking for payback and then:

Utah
Toronto
LA Clips
Toronto
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Miami--last game in Nov.

size and defense are the two things that arent streaky in this league. Show up every night, play defense and own the boards and you will be OK. We have the personnel for this blueprint IMO

Channeling Whitey Herzog -- speed and defense don't go in slumps

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/1/2017  11:57 AM

Utah
Toronto
LA Clips
Toronto
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Miami--last game in Nov.

Lets take it game by game. I don't even want to read or think about who our future opponents are truthfully. Lets just play bball.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/1/2017  12:01 PM
fishmike wrote:

Utah
Toronto
LA Clips
Toronto
Atlanta
Houston
Portland
Miami--last game in Nov.

I need to see a hell of a lot more of them playing hard like they've been playing before i buy into this team as of now but it sure has been exciting to see this team playing hard and well so far. We have guys that are known for not playing defense that are playing good team defense so far and i have Kanter and the way he's been playing help defense as one of the guys that's surprised me most. He still isn't a good one on one defender but if he can play team defense then i'm good with that cause team defense is good defense and winning defense.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2017  12:09 PM
Wow, we have better players, and we play better. Imagine that.

THJr hits shots.
Kanter hits shots.
Frickin Jarret Jack is hitting shots.
KP playing out of his mind. With 5 whole assists in 6 games.

Right, must be all about Melo being gone. SMH.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  12:16 PM
jrodmc wrote:Wow, we have better players, and we play better. Imagine that.

THJr hits shots.
Kanter hits shots.

There is a valid argument to be made, not necessarily won, but made, that an offense that has more movement is more conducive to better, more open shots and players having a better rhythm, all which could positively affect FG%.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

11/1/2017  12:21 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:Melo's absence...

It's true... Melo is in OKC being Melo. Holding the ball for 5-7 seconds before he makes a move. On a team with superstars that might work... Melo would kill everything we're doing now on both ends

How about Rose? We didn't need an All-Star. We just needed a decent one who can recognize when a man is open and bothers looking over things, like a playbook

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

11/1/2017  12:27 PM

THJr hits shots.
Kanter hits shots.

Melo and Rose stunted KP's development, without those two ball hogs around he is flourishing.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

11/1/2017  12:28 PM
Big props to Horny for demoting Rambis. The D is finally working without him...not sure why he is still employed.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  12:31 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

THJr hits shots.
Kanter hits shots.

There is a valid argument to be made, not necessarily won, but made, that an offense that has more movement is more conducive to better, more open shots and players having a better rhythm, all which could positively affect FG%.

Just watch the games. Nobody is holding the ball so they can shoot 43%. The arguement that the Knicks needed Melo for anything was about 3 years old. He was great, really great for about a 2-2.5 year stretch. He's been very bad for a couple years, especially on defense. Who cares now. He's the 3rd option out west. Anyone on this current squad that doesnt bring it on defense will sit. This team and this coach needed that more than anything. That was not possible with Melo here. Who cares. Lottery or playoffs Knicks are already better off.
fishmike
USA
11/1/2017  12:32 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:Big props to Horny for demoting Rambis. The D is finally working without him...not sure why he is still employed.
do you really think the D is better because Rambis isnt running it? Really? You watch this squad and the thing that jumps out at you is no Rambis?

FYI Rambis wasnt demoted. When asked Jeff simply said it wouldnt be one guy's job.

we're often quick to blame; for a change, who gets the credit for ...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy