[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!
Author Thread
Zebo13
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6434
USA
11/2/2017  2:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I almost feel bad for Frank at times. He is physically not ready for the nBA. He can play some because of length and IQ but man his body is soft and weak. He has a great deal of indecisiveness in his game--he needs to be in college playing basketball and learning the game--hes not an NBA player right now. I dont care if he had 5 steals and 8 assists--those are misleading. He knocked the ball away from Harden a few times but Harden also shot at will when he really wanted to--hes 50 pounds heavier than Frank easily

Soft and weak?! You’re crazy man. He’s out there boxing out centers, fighting for boards and blasting through screens. He’s plays incredibly strong for his build. Only gonna get better as he matures.

AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/2/2017  5:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:A lot of positives tonight despite the loss. The rookies got some experience and made the most of it. Ntilikina showed grit playing against Harden. He reminds me a little of a PG version of draymond.

I thought they weren't that bad considering they got their ass kicked on the scoreboard. There were things to take away. All I want this year is to get better and lose enough games to have a shot at a legit SF. This team needs that 1 do it all SF to tie everything together

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/2/2017  7:32 AM
Zebo13 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I almost feel bad for Frank at times. He is physically not ready for the nBA. He can play some because of length and IQ but man his body is soft and weak. He has a great deal of indecisiveness in his game--he needs to be in college playing basketball and learning the game--hes not an NBA player right now. I dont care if he had 5 steals and 8 assists--those are misleading. He knocked the ball away from Harden a few times but Harden also shot at will when he really wanted to--hes 50 pounds heavier than Frank easily

Soft and weak?! You’re crazy man. He’s out there boxing out centers, fighting for boards and blasting through screens. He’s plays incredibly strong for his build. Only gonna get better as he matures.

He has almost no athletic force or burst at this point. He's an example why the nba wants to change the 1 and done rule. He's not nba ready he's capable of playing in an nba game and using his length. He's got a long road ahead

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/2/2017  8:41 AM
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:Frank’s gotta look for his own offense more going forward.

Even if its ugly at first (usually is) it gets Frank to the line a lot more. Best way to take their best players out of their game, is to put them on the bench, with foul trouble. Our PGs arent doing that enough IMO.

Frank doesn't seem to have that burst...So far, it looks as if he will have trouble getting separation from most defenders...

He doesn't have DSJ like speed, but I believe Frank can compensate by doing a better job of reading his defender. An effective crossover would do wonders for his game, but he has to develop a bit of a chip on his shoulder about getting to the rim and finishing. This is what I saw in those clips of him in France, thats what I see here.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2017  9:07 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

He has almost no athletic force or burst at this point. He's an example why the nba wants to change the 1 and done rule. He's not nba ready he's capable of playing in an nba game and using his length. He's got a long road ahead

until he has 3 good games and you change your mind.

Frank looks great. He's showing everything he was drafted for. Big difference between age 19 and 21-22. Does he look worse than Monk, Mitchell or DSjr? No. He's right there with those guys.

Briggs your saying our 19 year old is going to need more time to mature? Your right he will.

Knicks got spanked last night. Houston is an elite team and they showed why. They defend well, very well and they obviously drop bombs all game. Keep fighting and playing hard. Its a long season

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
11/2/2017  9:16 AM
KP did not have legs tonight. His 3's were all off the front rim and his posts were slow and not explosive. The only guys that had legs were bench guys that is why they made a move late in the game.

Frank is fine and he will develop. Remember he is like KP 2 years ago. FF to 2 years from now with Frank, KP and Hardaway all physically mature. This team has a bright future.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/2/2017  10:15 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  10:17 AM
Houston is a bad matchup for anybody when Harden is on his game. He was draining 3s from 3 to 5 feet beyond the arc. That's crazy. Teams have to pressure Harden the full 94 feet to get him tired. Then send somebody to double as soon as he reaches mid court with a 3 man zone to cover the back. Make the other players make a play instead of just shooting 3s.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/2/2017  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  11:40 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Uptown wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:Frank’s gotta look for his own offense more going forward.

Even if its ugly at first (usually is) it gets Frank to the line a lot more. Best way to take their best players out of their game, is to put them on the bench, with foul trouble. Our PGs arent doing that enough IMO.

Frank doesn't seem to have that burst...So far, it looks as if he will have trouble getting separation from most defenders...

He doesn't have DSJ like speed, but I believe Frank can compensate by doing a better job of reading his defender. An effective crossover would do wonders for his game, but he has to develop a bit of a chip on his shoulder about getting to the rim and finishing. This is what I saw in those clips of him in France, thats what I see here.

Waits for Briggs to post --- Jarrett Jack will be better than Frank N in 3-years and let's revisit in 3-years.

Briggs -- why do you bother to make these grandiose predictions --- I would think an older fan like yourself would show some patience.

Frank definitely needs to work on his body/explosion but a major part of his offensive issue right now is simple tentativeness.

What makes this kid special compared to other younger PGs -- is that they aren't thinking unselfishly and make errors of aggression and selfishness --- Frank on the other hand is trying to be perfect offensively (run the play) - (find the open) player and to a degree his scoring (getting into the paint) is suffering.

He will figure it out --- next season he will look completely different --- won't have to wait 3-4 damn years for this kid to make strides physically or with confidence.

Don't forget he had NO SUMMER LEAGUE - NO PRE-SEASON games -- if a veteran had the same situation and struggled at all everyone would be saying he had to get in shape.

Frank = KEEPER

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/2/2017  11:57 AM
martin wrote:

I love it!

Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/2/2017  12:57 PM
Harden didn't win this game for them.... Anderson did. He was shooting at will and making them so Harden kept feeding him in the first half. This could have been a W for us if we had bothered Anderson a little bit more. Harden was 5 of 14 in the first half but quite content feeding his teammates. Ariza Gordon Anderson all had wide open 3s at times. With those 3 shooters (Ariza and Gordon look much improved), you have to stay with your man and probably switch on picks as much as Houston themselves does and make Harden the shooter instead of facilitator.

No rhythm for the other 3 in the first half would have probably meant a W for us.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Zebo13
USA
11/2/2017  1:13 PM
If nothing else we got a ton of experience for our rookies guarding one of the most dynamic guards in the game.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/2/2017  3:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  3:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

Frank looks great. He's showing everything he was drafted for. Big difference between age 19 and 21-22. Does he look worse than Monk, Mitchell or DSjr? No. He's right there with those guys.

Briggs your saying our 19 year old is going to need more time to mature? Your right he will.

Knicks got spanked last night. Houston is an elite team and they showed why. They defend well, very well and they obviously drop bombs all game. Keep fighting and playing hard. Its a long season

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/2/2017  3:11 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KP did not have legs tonight. His 3's were all off the front rim and his posts were slow and not explosive. The only guys that had legs were bench guys that is why they made a move late in the game.

Frank is fine and he will develop. Remember he is like KP 2 years ago. FF to 2 years from now with Frank, KP and Hardaway all physically mature. This team has a bright future.

You were right about KP
Turns out he had a virus
Makes sense for the flat legs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/2/2017  4:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

I dont see any of those guys with 5 steals or showing they can defend and slow down the best offensive player in the league. Im still good with Frank.

What impresses you more? A scorer getting hot or a 19 year old who can stick with James Harden?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/2/2017  4:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  5:02 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

I dont see any of those guys with 5 steals or showing they can defend and slow down the best offensive player in the league. Im still good with Frank.

What impresses you more? A scorer getting hot or a 19 year old who can stick with James Harden?

Not a guy that goes 1 for 7 and 0 for 4 from three. That worries me. Yes the kid is freakishly LONG. That will give most guys some trouble. But lets not act like he shut down Harden. And you cant deny that its impressive for a rookie to score 18 points in 1 Quarter. Thats pretty special. ONLY player to do so this year! Against a good Bucks team.

Again, this is fun going back and forth on a game by game basis. But thats it. No one can say Frank is a good NBA player yet. Nor can we say the others are as well. We will see FIsh. I dont think this is the biggest concern for us. Getting rid of Noah..big Getting a good SF...big. Adding a couple of draft picks with our overweight postions..big Picking the NEXT 1st rounder..big.

Looking forward to next games Frank and DSJR videos.

Btw. I did notice Frank had more trouble defending the speed guys, this game. Maybe just a coincidence but most bigger defenders have issues with that.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2017  5:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

Not a guy that goes 1 for 7 and 0 for 4 from three. That worries me. Yes the kid is freakishly LONG. That will give most guys some trouble. But lets not act like he shut down Harden. And you cant deny that its impressive for a rookie to score 18 points in 1 Quarter. Thats pretty special. ONLY player to do so this year! Against a good Bucks team.

Again, this is fun going back and forth on a game by game basis. But thats it. No one can say Frank is a good NBA player yet. Nor can we say the others are as well. We will see FIsh. I dont think this is the biggest concern for us. Getting rid of Noah..big Getting a good SF...big. Adding a couple of draft picks with our overweight postions..big Picking the NEXT 1st rounder..big.

Looking forward to next games Frank and DSJR videos.

Btw. I did notice Frank had more trouble defending the speed guys, this game. Maybe just a coincidence but most bigger defenders have issues with that.

Frank will learn to adjust to smaller quick guards. The speed difference going from a Harden to the other guards was dramatic and caught Frank flat footed. Frank isn’t just a good Man Defender but a good Team Defender as well.

Still not worried about Frank scoring. That’s not why they drafted him. He’s never going to be that type of player. I do expect him to improve offensively.

reub
Member: #6227

11/2/2017  8:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

You have no athletic force or burst either and you're still here!

Zebo13
USA
11/2/2017  10:27 PM
For what’s its worth Mitchell looks way better then Monk and DSJ and we were really never likely to draft him at 8.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/3/2017  8:10 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Zebo13 wrote:

I would love it if they raised the age, the quality of the league would improve. Frank has some issues, many were obvious before he was drafted but now that he is a Knick sending him to the D-League does nothing for us. Let him gain chemistry with Hardaway, Dotson, and KP for 20 minutes a night. So what if we lose games thats whats best for this team anyway. Next year I think the team should start putting winning first. This year let the young guys get some kinks out try to get a top 10 pick , pray we get lucky and get the SF that transforms the roster. Hope at the top of the 2nd we get a scoring point guard or a true 4 to add to the back end of the rotation. This teams only a few pieces away. I would even stretch Noah if the superstar SF we need becomes available. This team has no true forwards, or I should say the forwards we have blow
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Game Thread 11/1: Houston we ain't got no problems!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy