[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

conspiracy theory re Willy
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

11/1/2017  8:56 AM
Could the Knicks be holding him out to prevent injury? Packaging him and Noah in a trade, when Noah returns?
(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2017  9:21 AM
god no... he's stuck behind guys playing better. Who's minutes do you take right now? Kanter and KOQ deserve every minute they are on the floor and Jeff has done a good job keeping KP's minutes reasonable. Willy's gonna have to be patient. I suspect its going to be a long few months till the trade deadline and maybe after.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/1/2017  9:29 AM
first the JFK files now this?

I think the far more likely scenario is the KOQ is getting featured so he can get dealt. Noah needs minutes so hopefully he can get dealt in a deal where we don't have to give the other teams picks.

We control Willy for a while and it doesn't make sense to trade him while he's not getting minutes

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Chandler

11/1/2017  9:36 AM
there were rumors Tyson Chandler is being shopped, and Alexi Len is at least rebounding now

Wondering if Willy/Noah work for Bledsoe?

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/1/2017  9:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  9:52 AM
The Knicks aren't trading Willy, who is KP's best friend. O'Quinn will be moved when the right deal comes along, freeing up those 15-20 mins per game for Willy.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2017  10:07 AM
Knixkik wrote:The Knicks aren't trading Willy, who is KP's best friend. O'Quinn will be moved when the right deal comes along, freeing up those 15-20 mins per game for Willy.
that assumes Noah doesnt take those minutes, and he might.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  10:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2017  10:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:The Knicks aren't trading Willy, who is KP's best friend. O'Quinn will be moved when the right deal comes along, freeing up those 15-20 mins per game for Willy.

Noah will still be here, they arent putting him on a shelf, with his deal,if he can contribute. And Willy has to play D to earn those minutes, judging by the way Hornacek has been coaching so far.

Im pretty sure if Kanter plays like this for most of the season, it will be a consideration if an opportunity arises to improve the team in another area. Its debatable what would qualify.

Unless they find a way to move Noah, they might get more value for someone who probably wont want to be a sub if Kanter signs a long term deal, when Willy's deal expires. They have to factor that in as well.

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2017  10:24 AM
Chandler wrote:there were rumors Tyson Chandler is being shopped, and Alexi Len is at least rebounding now

Not a chance, it's not even remotely close to what they want, which is draft picks or youth.

IMO-willy needs to develop a perimeter shot if he is going to last in this league, especially on this team, because there's just too much quality depth at the position and is a 2nd yr player. It would be very silly for the coaching staff to try and play 4 centers.

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/1/2017  10:42 AM
fishmike wrote:
that assumes Noah doesnt take those minutes, and he might.

True, but i don't see Noah taking those minutes on a consistent basis. Maybe in certain matchups.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

11/1/2017  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2017  11:45 AM
Chandler wrote:Could the Knicks be holding him out to prevent injury? Packaging him and Noah in a trade, when Noah returns?

You're thinking too much on this and it's much simpler then that, Kanter and KOQ are playing great basketball right now and they need minutes to keep playing well and that's all it is. There has to be a trade coming who i unfortunately think will be KOQ but it wouldn't shock me if it was Willy who gets traded because of how well KOQ is playing and Willy would probably bring a better return then KOQ would. There's no telling what Perry and Mills are thinking or which players they're getting calls for or what kind of offers they're getting for each player. We don't know what will happen and even though i love all 3 of Willy, Kanter and KOQ there's just no reason to have 4 centers on this team especially when each one can start a team and yes even Noah can start for a team. I know many think Noah is done and can't be productive but i disagree and think as long as he's healthy he can be a productive player in what he does which is on the defensive end.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/1/2017  12:02 PM
Chandler wrote:there were rumors Tyson Chandler is being shopped, and Alexi Len is at least rebounding now

How incredibly well would Noah have to play to get anyone to eat that contract? Noah playing out of his mind + Invisa-Will = Bledsoe?
I thought we were supposed to be all about developing the yoots?

Willy must really look like sheehit in practice to be getting less than garbage time minutes now...
Has Willy really been that injury prone that they're afraid to play him?

Ira
Member: #91
11/1/2017  12:15 PM
jrodmc wrote:

How incredibly well would Noah have to play to get anyone to eat that contract? Noah playing out of his mind + Invisa-Will = Bledsoe?

Willy must really look like sheehit in practice to be getting less than garbage time minutes now...

The trade would have to include giving them something just for taking Noah's contract.

Chandler

11/1/2017  1:53 PM
Ira wrote:
jrodmc wrote:

The trade would have to include giving them something just for taking Noah's contract.

Supposedly they like Willy; great young player on great contract. My conspiracy theory meant to suggest Willy plus Noah for Bledsoe.

(5)(5)
conspiracy theory re Willy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy