[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we hang around .500, forget tanking, just draft the next Giannis or Kawhi in the mid 1st...
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/31/2017  11:57 AM
Easy Peasy.

But seriously, a few late lottery/mid 1st round targets are:

Troy Brown-do it all point-forward in the Iguodala mold. Could be a nice fit at SF here eventually.

Justin Jackson- 3 & D combo forward with Draymond/Kawhi-like measurements. Just needs to put it all together.

Rui Hachimura- Combo forward who should get a good opportunity to break out for the Zags this season as a 2-way forward.

There are good options here that can fill a long-term role. I am operating under the impression that KP, Hardaway, and Ntilikina are long-term starters (KP eventually moving to center), with the 2 forward spots being open to find the right fit. Lee and Kanter certainly are proven starters at this point in time, but Lee probably has 2 more years tops at this level, and Kanter still has a questionable fit alongside KP long-term. But it would be fun to continue to ride this wave while identifying players lower in the draft who can eventually fill a need.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2017  12:10 PM
Look at how KP plays next to another big and scores against other 4s. Why would you move him to center? PF is perfect.

Tanking was never viable. I said we would win about 5 more games than last year and I think this team has too many good players. Knicks should let this group grow a bit. Establish an ID. Make NY a great place to play again. I like everything we are doing. We are winning some games with size and a nice mix of young legs and smart vets. Jeff has some talent and he's showing he can pull the right strings.

Just play it straight. Lets see the Knicks be a +.500 team. That would be amazing. Perry is following the team and they have declared themselves all on the same page. They know who is looking good in practice etc, who is ready, who is critical and who is expendable.

It would be nice to grab some assets for some of the guys who may not be sticking around time will tell.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/31/2017  12:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:Easy Peasy.

Troy Brown-do it all point-forward in the Iguodala mold. Could be a nice fit at SF here eventually.

Justin Jackson- 3 & D combo forward with Draymond/Kawhi-like measurements. Just needs to put it all together.

Rui Hachimura- Combo forward who should get a good opportunity to break out for the Zags this season as a 2-way forward.

There are good options here that can fill a long-term role. I am operating under the impression that KP, Hardaway, and Ntilikina are long-term starters (KP eventually moving to center), with the 2 forward spots being open to find the right fit. Lee and Kanter certainly are proven starters at this point in time, but Lee probably has 2 more years tops at this level, and Kanter still has a questionable fit alongside KP long-term. But it would be fun to continue to ride this wave while identifying players lower in the draft who can eventually fill a need.

Hachimura is an interesting prospect. Look forward to seeing some tape of him at Gonzaga this yr.

If we are to be at 500. because KP is just to good and entered real franchise player superstar territory. Then we will all take that. Rather secure that he is a superstar now then hope for it to happen later on.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2017  12:37 PM
If we exceed expectations and win more than expected that's fair. The youth have to develop. But at the end of the day...

No trading first-rounders to get us over the top, no more crappy signings. This is about more than getting an 8th seed.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knixkik
USA
10/31/2017  1:19 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:If we exceed expectations and win more than expected that's fair. The youth have to develop. But at the end of the day...

No trading first-rounders to get us over the top, no more crappy signings. This is about more than getting an 8th seed.

Correct, no trading picks. My original point was we can still fill needs with mid range picks, and maybe get lucky finding an elite player who flies under the radar. It happens every year.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/31/2017  1:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:Easy Peasy.

Last week I thought we we headed for a top 3 pick--who knows? We need depth on PG and a SF. Hopefully our pick and Bridges in rd 1 are close. I think he would represent the kind of SF we want. A guy who can handle pass rebound shoot a 3 and play great defense. PG depth at 31-33 should be there--my hope Jalen Brunson and a sleeper from Dotson's school--Rob Gray. Bridges and 1 of those two in rd 2 would be good. I mean lets see the season first!

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2017  2:41 PM
Even the Pros predicted Knicks would win 30 games. That’s not really gonna get you a top 5 Lotto. I felt this team would exceed that win total and if so then it’s a natural progression of our young talent which is a GOOD THING.

Every draft has some talent slip like a Kuzma! Just gotta do a good job no matter what slot we pick. So early I can’t get a good handle on draft prospects just now but this will be a great topic to follow down the line.

Knixkik
USA
10/31/2017  3:02 PM
nixluva wrote:Even the Pros predicted Knicks would win 30 games. That’s not really gonna get you a top 5 Lotto. I felt this team would exceed that win total and if so then it’s a natural progression of our young talent which is a GOOD THING.

Every draft has some talent slip like a Kuzma! Just gotta do a good job no matter what slot we pick. So early I can’t get a good handle on draft prospects just now but this will be a great topic to follow down the line.

Absolutely right. We need to find that sleeper. It becomes apparent sometimes almost immediately, as you indicated with Kuzma. Once a team established a core or at least a franchise player, which we have, it becomes easier to build around that and plug holes. Really hoping we are on the way to a golden state-type rebuild where we have our Curry, and are finding gems outside of the top 10.
Knixkik
USA
10/31/2017  3:55 PM
fishmike wrote:Look at how KP plays next to another big and scores against other 4s. Why would you move him to center? PF is perfect.

Okay, fair enough. But honest question about this; I think it is well-documented that most of the league sees Porzingis moving to center because of the way the league is headed. Is keeping him at the 4 really feasible? The 4s in the league will only get smaller, more athletic, and shoot from deeper. Do you think we can be a successful team with KP at PF and Kanter at center down the road? I am all ears, because i would love to be convinced that we can have more sustainable success with this type of team.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/31/2017  3:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:Look at how KP plays next to another big and scores against other 4s. Why would you move him to center? PF is perfect.

Okay, fair enough. But honest question about this; I think it is well-documented that most of the league sees Porzingis moving to center because of the way the league is headed. Is keeping him at the 4 really feasible? The 4s in the league will only get smaller, more athletic, and shoot from deeper. Do you think we can be a successful team with KP at PF and Kanter at center down the road? I am all ears, because i would love to be convinced that we can have more sustainable success with this type of team.

IMO you never build a team to your opponents strengths, you build them to yours and then you try to beat them to a pulp.

Generally teams will never be able to outshoot GSW so why do it? Build a big team and smash them

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2017  4:26 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

IMO you never build a team to your opponents strengths, you build them to yours and then you try to beat them to a pulp.

Generally teams will never be able to outshoot GSW so why do it? Build a big team and smash them

exactly what we have done last 3 games. I love it. Agree Martin... build around our talent.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
10/31/2017  4:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

exactly what we have done last 3 games. I love it. Agree Martin... build around our talent.

I agree with this. I am not taking about building around what opponents do though. I am talking about the future direction of the NBA. Is building an offense essentially around KP and a plotting big like Kanter sustainable? Spurs are the only other team (and a very good one) sticking to their guns with 2 traditional bigs. I am not saying it's right or wrong, just saying i would like some further evidence that this can work long-term. Is it the best use of our franchise player?

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/31/2017  6:09 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I agree with this. I am not taking about building around what opponents do though. I am talking about the future direction of the NBA. Is building an offense essentially around KP and a plotting big like Kanter sustainable? Spurs are the only other team (and a very good one) sticking to their guns with 2 traditional bigs. I am not saying it's right or wrong, just saying i would like some further evidence that this can work long-term. Is it the best use of our franchise player?

Did we have any evidence that what the Warriors are doing can work long term? People have short memories. Remember how many people talked about how you can't win the playoffs playing their style? There are a multitude of styles that can win long term IF you have the talent that fit the style and the right coach.
If we hang around .500, forget tanking, just draft the next Giannis or Kawhi in the mid 1st...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy