[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jarret Jack Love
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2017  9:20 AM
Dude has been great. He looked kinda DONE early on but we don’t win without his turnaround performance.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/31/2017  9:27 AM
nixluva wrote:Dude has been great. He looked kinda DONE early on but we don’t win without his turnaround performance.

I wonder how last season would have turned out if we had someone like in the locker room. I worry about him playing too much given his pAst injuries, but can't deny that he still knows how to run a team.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2017  9:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
nixluva wrote:Dude has been great. He looked kinda DONE early on but we don’t win without his turnaround performance.

I wonder how last season would have turned out if we had someone like in the locker room. I worry about him playing too much given his pAst injuries, but can't deny that he still knows how to run a team.

His pacing has been excellent so he's preserving his body. In Brooklyn I remember him trying to drive the ball more. I didn't really see him as such a pure floor general. He's putting on a clinic out there. He's only shooting when he has to. Driving when he has to. Directing traffic making all the correct reads. Man.... straight clinic.

In the past I called him trash. At his advanced age he has really become brilliant out there. Frank is in good hands

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/31/2017  9:48 AM
He is a NBA VET defined. Think Sessions cant be counted out either. Its a game of runs baby.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/31/2017  9:48 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

at this point, I think you have to ride Jack into the ground if need be. Frank seeing this type of play up close and personal is invaluable, especially from a guy that doesn't think of Frank as am enemy combatant. For example, I don't think Rose would be mentoring Frank and I also think Frank would be picking up some bad habits

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/31/2017  10:10 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

at this point, I think you have to ride Jack into the ground if need be. Frank seeing this type of play up close and personal is invaluable, especially from a guy that doesn't think of Frank as am enemy combatant. For example, I don't think Rose would be mentoring Frank and I also think Frank would be picking up some bad habits

Why would you ride him into the ground when he's a huge reason why we're playing as well as we are right now? I love that Frank is learning behind him but we need Jack if we want to keep playing well. Sessions isn't the same player as Jack and Ron Burgandy definitely isn't the same player. If Frank wasn't so injury prone then i wouldn't mind it but he is so lets try to keep Jack healthy.

unstopaball12
Member: #1137
Philippines
10/31/2017  10:25 AM
Key with Jack is how long can he keep this up. Out for 2 seasons due to major injuries to the legs. I love what he brings, but will he still be efficient until December, when teams have scouted the knicks more and also mileage comes into play.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2017  10:41 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Why would you ride him into the ground when he's a huge reason why we're playing as well as we are right now? I love that Frank is learning behind him but we need Jack if we want to keep playing well. Sessions isn't the same player as Jack and Ron Burgandy definitely isn't the same player. If Frank wasn't so injury prone then i wouldn't mind it but he is so lets try to keep Jack healthy.

I believe supreme just means we need to ride tthe Jack train as long as we can. He's won the starting spot. He's playing around 30 mins. As Frank gets better he will take minutes away. Frank isn't ready yet. Chances are Jack will need rest at some point. Frank will get his chance.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/31/2017  10:58 AM
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I believe supreme just means we need to ride tthe Jack train as long as we can. He's won the starting spot. He's playing around 30 mins. As Frank gets better he will take minutes away. Frank isn't ready yet. Chances are Jack will need rest at some point. Frank will get his chance.

that's exactly what I mean

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/31/2017  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  11:25 AM
Jack is a keeper no doubt. Hopefully next year, Ntilikina is ready to become a full-time starter, we can sign an elite backup like Cory Joseph, and bring back Jack as a 3rd string PG/veteran leader. His impact on this team is big, no question about it. We still need to improve our PG situation, but Jack belongs on this roster for everything he brings. Reminds me of the impact Kidd had, as far as leadership and intangibles.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2017  11:42 AM
Jack has been steady lately, thats what we need from the PG postion more than anything right now. Especially with the PG rotisserie this team has had to deal with.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/31/2017  11:57 AM
leadership is under-rated

Knixkik wrote:Jack is a keeper no doubt. Hopefully next year, Ntilikina is ready to become a full-time starter, we can sign an elite backup like Cory Joseph, and bring back Jack as a 3rd string PG/veteran leader. His impact on this team is big, no question about it. We still need to improve our PG situation, but Jack belongs on this roster for everything he brings. Reminds me of the impact Kidd had, as far as leadership and intangibles.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/31/2017  11:58 AM
Caseloads wrote:leadership is under-rated

Knixkik wrote:Jack is a keeper no doubt. Hopefully next year, Ntilikina is ready to become a full-time starter, we can sign an elite backup like Cory Joseph, and bring back Jack as a 3rd string PG/veteran leader. His impact on this team is big, no question about it. We still need to improve our PG situation, but Jack belongs on this roster for everything he brings. Reminds me of the impact Kidd had, as far as leadership and intangibles.

Absolutely.
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/31/2017  12:04 PM
I know I had my doubts, but he has filled the role nicely so far. He doesn't score much, but in the last 2 games, he hit a couple big time shots to stop help us regain composure after the the cavs and Denver made their run.
ES
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/31/2017  12:32 PM
He has been the ignition for this new flowing Knicks offense. No signs of life with Sessions, now they are running up 115 points per game?

Let up hope he can keep this up. Jack has been injury prone over his career.

What it proves is that with a PG doing what is needed, Jeff's offense looks great. It is similar to MDA's but without the over dependence on the 3 point shot.

Hardaway is a good fit for this offense as is Lee.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
10/31/2017  12:48 PM
after all we've been through, i am completely blown away by a competent pg who prioritizes getting everyone going in the offense.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/31/2017  5:13 PM
anrst wrote:after all we've been through, i am completely blown away by a competent pg who prioritizes getting everyone going in the offense.

This. He also has the rep of being a great locker room guy and mentor. He needs to be signed for the rest of the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
10/31/2017  8:55 PM
anrst wrote:after all we've been through, i am completely blown away by a competent pg who prioritizes getting everyone going in the offense.

Defense too as can be seen in the video.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/31/2017  9:02 PM

We've had plenty of PGs who tried (unsuccessfully for the most part) to get everyone on the same page. We've had our share of veteran leaders as well.

What the Knicks havent had enough of at PG (among other positions) is competence. Mostly PGs who didnt have enough left in the tank, or not healthy enough, to make good use of their veteran skills.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/31/2017  9:12 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

We've had plenty of PGs who tried (unsuccessfully for the most part) to get everyone on the same page. We've had our share of veteran leaders as well.

What the Knicks havent had enough of at PG (among other positions) is competence. Mostly PGs who didnt have enough left in the tank, or not healthy enough, to make good use of their veteran skills.

I just remember Jack making smart plays and big shots to kill the Knicks in the past. The hope was he could get some of his game back and he has so far been that guy for the Knicks!!! Hope he can keep it going all season.

Jarret Jack Love

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy