24. Domas Sabonis: 23.1
25. Damian Lillard: 22.7
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

10/30/2017  4:52 PM
Kanter at #9. Remind me again, who won the Melo trade? :)
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/30/2017  5:03 PM
Kanter and KP also currently hold a 209. & 188. ws48.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/30/2017  5:19 PM
Aaron Gordon stroke has looked great early on. He has looked like a baby-blake griffin out there.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/30/2017  5:31 PM
Had a feeling Oladipo would take off in Indy.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  5:35 PM
GOOD STUFF 😬. The KP/Kanter tandem has been pretty damned good. They seem to be getting used to other. Should only get better.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2017  5:51 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Aaron Gordon stroke has looked great early on. He has looked like a baby-blake griffin out there.

I was thinking Shawn Marion

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/30/2017  7:07 PM
We can expect them to come down a little, particularly Kanter, but we are seeing some really good signs here. Since we have also seen what Timmy can do when he gets rolling, and Ntilikina showing his upside, it could possibly be that we have 4 really good starting players already, and are a really good SF away (and improved bench) from future contention. If we find that forward in the draft and improve the bench, sky is the limit. I still feel Willy will be a great backup center, and Dotson has a chance to be a solid 3 & D wing. McDermott could be part of it if he stays cheap. The obvious improvement area will still need to be at backup PG. If we can find a way to get an elite backup PG (someone like Cory Joseph or Patty Mills) then it will really boost the bench.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/30/2017  9:12 PM
Anyone watching KAnters defense tonight ... frightening.
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/31/2017  1:33 AM
wow, the two players OKC traded for PG are in the top 25 of PER and PG is not in the top 25. Who won that trade?!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/31/2017  7:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/31/2017  7:21 AM
Knixkik wrote:We can expect them to come down a little, particularly Kanter, but we are seeing some really good signs here. Since we have also seen what Timmy can do when he gets rolling, and Ntilikina showing his upside, it could possibly be that we have 4 really good starting players already, and are a really good SF away (and improved bench) from future contention. If we find that forward in the draft and improve the bench, sky is the limit. I still feel Willy will be a great backup center, and Dotson has a chance to be a solid 3 & D wing. McDermott could be part of it if he stays cheap. The obvious improvement area will still need to be at backup PG. If we can find a way to get an elite backup PG (someone like Cory Joseph or Patty Mills) then it will really boost the bench.

They have shown promise to be starters in the future. Only KP is playing like a starter now. Kanter is good but his defense needs to improve for him to be a consistent starter. The only team we played with a semi elite big was Detroit. Let's not rush to judgment here. Soft@home needs to show consistency otherwise he definitely won't be a long term starter. I lile that he is playing some D, but he does need to carry the scoring load more. Otherwise KP will just burn out.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/31/2017  7:57 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knixkik wrote:We can expect them to come down a little, particularly Kanter, but we are seeing some really good signs here. Since we have also seen what Timmy can do when he gets rolling, and Ntilikina showing his upside, it could possibly be that we have 4 really good starting players already, and are a really good SF away (and improved bench) from future contention. If we find that forward in the draft and improve the bench, sky is the limit. I still feel Willy will be a great backup center, and Dotson has a chance to be a solid 3 & D wing. McDermott could be part of it if he stays cheap. The obvious improvement area will still need to be at backup PG. If we can find a way to get an elite backup PG (someone like Cory Joseph or Patty Mills) then it will really boost the bench.

They have shown promise to be starters in the future. Only KP is playing like a starter now. Kanter is good but his defense needs to improve for him to be a consistent starter. The only team we played with a semi elite big was Detroit. Let's not rush to judgment here. Soft@home needs to show consistency otherwise he definitely won't be a long term starter. I lile that he is playing some D, but he does need to carry the scoring load more. Otherwise KP will just burn out.

I don't think any player in this league can guard Jokic-- Kanters defense this year to date has been very reasonable. Also he pulls interior players in giving kp a 1-1 in the mid range which he has destroyed. Koq last night was unreal too-- I'm not sure I would entertain changing anything there for now.

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/31/2017  8:08 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Love and Lebron arent elite bigs?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2017  9:13 AM
From ESPN

Porzingis' post touches (+4.8 per game) and paint touches (+3.5 per game) are up significantly from last season. He's averaging 1.1 points per play on post-ups, putting him in the 84th percentile in the league, per Synergy Sports. (He was in the 31st percentile last season.) Porzingis is also shooting 51 percent on midrange shots -- those turnarounds and face-ups -- and his midrange field-goal total (3.5) is the fourth-highest in the NBA. And his shooting percentage in the paint outside of the restricted area is up 16 percent from last season. "He's just tough to guard there," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek says.

Porzingis has also been strong from the perimeter. He has hit 39 percent of his 3-point attempts since Jarrett Jack took over as the Knicks' starting point guard on Friday-- the most noteworthy being a 33-footer in the first half against Denver.

Knixkik
USA
11/1/2017  9:19 AM
fishmike wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Love and Lebron arent elite bigs?

Yes they absolutely are!

Knixkik
USA
11/1/2017  9:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I don't think any player in this league can guard Jokic-- Kanters defense this year to date has been very reasonable. Also he pulls interior players in giving kp a 1-1 in the mid range which he has destroyed. Koq last night was unreal too-- I'm not sure I would entertain changing anything there for now.

If Kanter just becomes a slightly below average to average defensive center, he will be a great starting center. Obviously he is one of the best, most efficient offensive bigs in the entire league. He is only 25 and seems dedicated to his body and has strong work ethic, so he should continue to improve.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/1/2017  10:47 AM
KOQ and Willy are just as high up there in PER
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

11/1/2017  2:20 PM
nixluva wrote:GOOD STUFF 😬. The KP/Kanter tandem has been pretty damned good. They seem to be getting used to other. Should only get better.

Yeah - this is my thing with folks knocking Kanter.

Playing next to Kanter -- KP looks like GODZINGIS.

I think Kanter is so punishing that other teams must match a big on him and that leaves KP with mismatches on against normal sized PFs and against any other defensive switches.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

11/1/2017  2:24 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:GOOD STUFF 😬. The KP/Kanter tandem has been pretty damned good. They seem to be getting used to other. Should only get better.

Yeah - this is my thing with folks knocking Kanter.

Playing next to Kanter -- KP looks like GODZINGIS.

I think Kanter is so punishing that other teams must match a big on him and that leaves KP with mismatches on against normal sized PFs and against any other defensive switches.

That's hard to reconcile with his +/-. Wouldn't KP's effectiveness with him (which is what you're arguing) manifest itself in a positive differential for him?

Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
11/4/2017  3:23 PM
New ratings:
1. LeBron James • CLE 32.8
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo • MIL 32.5
3. Stephen Curry • GSW 30.6
4. Anthony Davis • NOP 30.5
5. Clint Capela • HOU 29.5
6. DeMarcus Cousins • NOP 27.8
7. Kristaps Porzingis • NYK 26.3
8. Enes Kanter • NYK 25.6
9. Steven Adams • OKC 25.2
10. Damian Lillard • POR 24.7
11. Victor Oladipo • IND 24.6
12. Andre Drummond • DET 24.6
13. Kemba Walker • CHO 24.6
14. James Harden • HOU 24.5
15. Karl-Anthony Towns • MIN 24.5
16. Blake Griffin • LAC 24.4
17. Kevin Durant • GSW 23.9
18. Nikola Jokic • DEN 23.8
19. Kyrie Irving • BOS 23.8
20. LaMarcus Aldridge • SAS 23.7
PER as of today KP 20 Kanter 9

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy