[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We are flush with assets - first time in...?
Author Thread
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

10/30/2017  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2017  5:04 PM
Have been watching the Knicks since the days of Bernard, and through the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's can confidently say we have not had a roster as flush with legitimate assets as we do right now. Nine player assets plus draft assets plus a solid front-office. We are rich. Who or what am I missing from the list below?

Our front court

• KP (22yo, 7'3", 240lbs) Legitimate all-star approaching all-world as one of the games best. KP goes max as soon as he's eligible.

• Willy (23yo, 6'11", 240lbs) He is so smooth around the bucket, knows how to pass, just needs to become a tougher down-lo enforcer type. Spend next summer at the car wash with Oakley, that'll do the trick. And we have him on a ridiculously good contract at $1.4M/per for the next three years! Value extraordinaire for the advanced stat geek.

• Kanter (25yo, 6'11", 245lbs) Kanter is the anti-Charles Smith with his ability to grab and put back the offensive boards. Building block!

Our back court

• Frank (19yo, 6'5", 190lbs) The scary thing is Frank is still growing. Hell I grew until I was about 23. Could this kid get to, say, 6'8+, 220lb+, and become a young Giannis? Not as crazy as it sounds, give him 5yrs and we could have a top-3 PG in the whole game

• Timmay (25yo, 6'6", 205lbs) Sunday night was a revelation. Driving to the hoop, shooting from afar, player better D than our past SG/SF types (certainly not Matador-D). If he keeps it up his contract will be seen as a steal. Can he keep it up? Consistency is his challenge for this year but there is enough there to believe he can do it.

Other guys with upside

• Damyean Dotson (23yo, 6'5", 210lbs) He slots into the second unit when/if we trade CLEE. Has the size, bulk, shot, and defensive instincts to be a solid contributor with upside.

• Dougie McBuckets (25yo, 6'8", 219lbs) I like his play so far and think he has room to grow into a solid asset for us. Young, can shoot, gets a little physical, if he can become a lock-down defender then we have another core piece

Our trade assets

• KOQ (27yo, 6'10", 250lbs) He's been playing well from my eye test, and given his youth is going to have significant value to a contender come deadline time. Have to think we get a 1st and expiring for him. This is called maximizing an asset, especially given he's in a contract year and we don't want to pay him with Willy and Kanter on board.

• C Lee (32yo, 6'5", 200lbs) If he keeps producing his 3-n-D he is going to fetch a first (could be a 2019 pick, but that's fine). More ammo for the future, and we have an in-house replacement in Dotson.

Other assets

• Bulls 2nd round pick in 2018, which could be the uber-valuable first pick of that round
  • All our first round picks!
  • Future cap flexibility, aka we're not in cap hell, even if it's tight
  • Stable and professional front office
  • Great scouting staff
  • Buckets of money for future needs

Guys I don't consider assets, though can be useful

• Baker
  • Beasley
  • Jack/Sessions
  • Kornet
  • Noah
  • Lance
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
AUTOADVERT
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/30/2017  4:12 PM
Your forgott Kuuz :)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2017  4:24 PM
I'm not sure Timmy will be considered until his contract is expiring. And it's still too early to tell with Dotson. Kanter will be hard to move until the last year of his current deal. The jury is still out on the front office. But I agree with everything else.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
stanleybostitch

10/30/2017  4:24 PM
Gudris wrote:Your forgott Kuuz :)

What to do with Kuz? He's 28 (6'9", 215lbs), with this team not sure he gets burn. Is he a tradeable asset? A second-unit asset? Or a useful guy but nothing that'll make a difference in our quest for a chip or as a tradeable commodity?

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2017  4:28 PM
not really flushed. I am bullish, bordering on homer as far as this overall roster but we are not flushed with assets. THj is not an asset. He's had 1 good game in 5. He will not be as bad as the first 4 but he's a long way from being an asset. I think he ends up being a good productive player. I like him for this squad and for what Jeff wants to do. THj is more than just a scorer. He's played hard on defense. I watched him alot vs. Paul George and he really spent a lot of energy defending him. THj also showed he's more than a chucker with his high assist total. He got paid though... so I wouldnt call him asset.

I see us KP/Willy/Frank/Dotson as assets.
I see Lee, Baker, THj, Kuz as even money. Only real value is to get them playing well for us.
I see McD, Kanter, and KOQ as cap friendly or expiring deals attached to players that will have strong trade value.
I see Noah and Lance as players signed for good intentions on deals that are simply bad at this point.

We have a nice roster. I like where we are going after Phil tried to win and make Melo happy by getting Rose and Noah and building a super team. I wouldnt say flushed with assets.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/30/2017  4:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/30/2017  4:57 PM
NO MORE trading first round picks we went down that road many times. Hell even that second round pick i want to keep as it is essentially a late first rounder. Also we are still in rebuilding mode so trading picks and young assets makes little sense right now. Im open to trading oquinn and kanter if we get more picks though
stanleybostitch

10/30/2017  4:58 PM
The point I'm making fish, is when in the past 40 years (the span I've been watching the Knicks) have we had more good, young assets, including future picks. I'm coming up blank. Thoughts?
stanleybostitch

10/30/2017  5:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:NO MORE trading first round picks we went down that road many times. Hell even that second round pick i want to keep as it is essentially a late first rounder. Also we are still in rebuilding mode so trading picks and young assets makes little sense right now. Im open to trading oquinn and kanter if we get more picks though

My bad - put the picks in the wrong category. Fixed. And agree - NO trading of our draft capital.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/30/2017  6:04 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:The point I'm making fish, is when in the past 40 years (the span I've been watching the Knicks) have we had more good, young assets, including future picks. I'm coming up blank. Thoughts?

This team is in the best position in nearly 20 years. Young studs and picks going forward. There’s a player development program too. Keeping young guys in the program long term will yield results.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/30/2017  6:40 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
Gudris wrote:Your forgott Kuuz :)

What to do with Kuz? He's 28 (6'9", 215lbs), with this team not sure he gets burn. Is he a tradeable asset? A second-unit asset? Or a useful guy but nothing that'll make a difference in our quest for a chip or as a tradeable commodity?

I like Kuz.....I think he can contribute. I also think Hornacek is using practice to determine playing time. And if McBuckets or Lee are out playing Kuz, then he will get no burn because he's not playing PF when we have KP and other PFs on the roster. So Kuz is simply being squeezed out the rotation, since we are very deep now, especially at the forward position. Beasly also hurt Kuz playing time, along with Lance Thomas.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/30/2017  8:17 PM
Dotson is an asset.....gotta love Knick fans.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/30/2017  8:43 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:Have been watching the Knicks since the days of Bernard, and through the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's can confidently say we have not had a roster as flush with legitimate assets as we do right now. Nine player assets plus draft assets plus a solid front-office. We are rich. Who or what am I missing from the list below?

Our front court

• KP (22yo, 7'3", 240lbs) Legitimate all-star approaching all-world as one of the games best. KP goes max as soon as he's eligible.

• Willy (23yo, 6'11", 240lbs) He is so smooth around the bucket, knows how to pass, just needs to become a tougher down-lo enforcer type. Spend next summer at the car wash with Oakley, that'll do the trick. And we have him on a ridiculously good contract at $1.4M/per for the next three years! Value extraordinaire for the advanced stat geek.

• Kanter (25yo, 6'11", 245lbs) Kanter is the anti-Charles Smith with his ability to grab and put back the offensive boards. Building block!

Our back court

• Frank (19yo, 6'5", 190lbs) The scary thing is Frank is still growing. Hell I grew until I was about 23. Could this kid get to, say, 6'8+, 220lb+, and become a young Giannis? Not as crazy as it sounds, give him 5yrs and we could have a top-3 PG in the whole game

• Timmay (25yo, 6'6", 205lbs) Sunday night was a revelation. Driving to the hoop, shooting from afar, player better D than our past SG/SF types (certainly not Matador-D). If he keeps it up his contract will be seen as a steal. Can he keep it up? Consistency is his challenge for this year but there is enough there to believe he can do it.

Other guys with upside

• Damyean Dotson (23yo, 6'5", 210lbs) He slots into the second unit when/if we trade CLEE. Has the size, bulk, shot, and defensive instincts to be a solid contributor with upside.

• Dougie McBuckets (25yo, 6'8", 219lbs) I like his play so far and think he has room to grow into a solid asset for us. Young, can shoot, gets a little physical, if he can become a lock-down defender then we have another core piece

Our trade assets

• KOQ (27yo, 6'10", 250lbs) He's been playing well from my eye test, and given his youth is going to have significant value to a contender come deadline time. Have to think we get a 1st and expiring for him. This is called maximizing an asset, especially given he's in a contract year and we don't want to pay him with Willy and Kanter on board.

• C Lee (32yo, 6'5", 200lbs) If he keeps producing his 3-n-D he is going to fetch a first (could be a 2019 pick, but that's fine). More ammo for the future, and we have an in-house replacement in Dotson.

Other assets

• Bulls 2nd round pick in 2018, which could be the uber-valuable first pick of that round
  • All our first round picks!
  • Future cap flexibility, aka we're not in cap hell, even if it's tight
  • Stable and professional front office
  • Great scouting staff
  • Buckets of money for future needs

Guys I don't consider assets, though can be useful

• Baker
  • Beasley
  • Jack/Sessions
  • Kornet
  • Noah
  • Lance

forgot to mention 8 assists for hardaway
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
We are flush with assets - first time in...?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy