[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What’s up with NBA McDermott?
Author Thread
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
10/30/2017  12:13 AM
The NCAA version of him was brilliant, fearless. The guy in the NBA doesn’t seem to have an identity. Perhaps too fixated on rounding out his game that he’s forgotten that he was one of the great shooters that college ever knew, and that his calling card should be a conscience-free jumper when he’s open, like the Knicks version of Steve Novak, or like Kyle Korver.

Where did the confidence and ****iness go? Beaten out of him by Thibs?

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/30/2017  12:32 AM
easy to shoot over college bball players. harder in the nba when guys are your size
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/30/2017  12:56 AM
Caseloads wrote:easy to shoot over college bball players. harder in the nba when guys are your size

His whole demeanor changed though. He doesn't approach the game like he's going to torch you. He's looking like a guy that's just happy for the opportunity to play. His whole swag is different. He did lose his killer mentality. He appears to be in better physical condition as well. Its just weird how that goes. He's supposed to be Wally Szczerbiak at least

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/30/2017  1:28 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Caseloads wrote:easy to shoot over college bball players. harder in the nba when guys are your size

His whole demeanor changed though. He doesn't approach the game like he's going to torch you. He's looking like a guy that's just happy for the opportunity to play. His whole swag is different. He did lose his killer mentality. He appears to be in better physical condition as well. Its just weird how that goes. He's supposed to be Wally Szczerbiak at least

agree with you. so much of the game is mental approach

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/30/2017  7:13 AM
We may just need to be patient. (See Kyle Korver).

Fortunately he seems to have his head screwed on right

I’m rooting for him

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/30/2017  7:21 AM
Chandler wrote:We may just need to be patient. (See Kyle Korver).

Fortunately he seems to have his head screwed on right

I’m rooting for him

Agree and also JJ Reddick who struggled early after being a college standout.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/30/2017  8:02 AM

His problem isn't offense.....hes 6'8 he can see the rim fine. But he's a volume shooter and when ur only skill is shooting.....You will always have an issue sticking to an NBA team. Volume shooters....like melo.....are never going to succeed as the main guy.......Because when they on.....they ice out others. When they are off, teammates want to see u fail......

He's trying to find his niche and looks like someone said you have to be more than a 3 pt shooter.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2017  9:26 AM
I thought despite not scoring much he's been working pretty hard on the other areas. I have not been impressed yet... I would like to see a Korver type of player. Those late buckets Kyle got last night almost got Cle back into the game.

I see him as a trade part. I see using McD and KOQ to really help a playoff team with depth and get a late #1 back.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/30/2017  10:32 AM
He will be fine. The problem is not so much with him its that we dont have players trying to get him the ball. Our post up players dont really pass out nor do we have guards that drive and dish. If you look at guys like Korver and Novak, they camped out by three point line and guys had to get them the ball. Thats the problem with those type of guys. Unless they are considered a first or second option, where you run pick plays for them, its hard for them to get shots. And with KP, Timmy, Kanter out there, dont think he will be a top option. Right now they are using him just to spread the floor and prevent help defense. Maye they will start running some plays for him in the second unit. Think he can be a weapon.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
reub
Member: #6227

10/30/2017  11:47 AM
I like his effort on defense and his movement without the ball. I like that he's not just chucking. The more that other teams have to focus on KP and THJr plus Lee the more dagger threes McBuckets will deliver. He's fitting in nicely.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/30/2017  11:58 AM
reub wrote:I like his effort on defense and his movement without the ball. I like that he's not just chucking. The more that other teams have to focus on KP and THJr plus Lee the more dagger threes McBuckets will deliver. He's fitting in nicely.
agree... stats have no been overwhelming but coaches keep giving him burn for a reason.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/30/2017  12:26 PM
reub wrote:I like his effort on defense and his movement without the ball. I like that he's not just chucking. The more that other teams have to focus on KP and THJr plus Lee the more dagger threes McBuckets will deliver. He's fitting in nicely.

Yes, McBuckets has the same feel as Baker in terms he is a very well coached player seems to always be in the right place at the right time or make the right choice with the ball. Unlike baker, mcbuckets is a work in progress on defense but you can see he is getting better from his rookie and sophomore year.

Vs clevland he had a classic mcbuckets transition 3 his only shot in 14 minutes.he also finished a nice transition started by frank making the second pass for a wide open three point bucket. Im going to say that we will see mcbuckets get more of those shots when the game plan and coaching settles in again we only played 5 games so far. Clevland poses a bad match up for mcbuckets I think he gets more pt pending on matchups .

I’m a fan of mcbuckets and would love to see him and the coaching staff take full advantage of his skill set. I still think he has that killer instinct, we need it to come out in spurts during the course of the game.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
10/30/2017  12:31 PM
I don't know if this guy is going to be on an NBA team after this season, to be honest. Teams might pick him up thinking they'll develop him as offense/shooting off the bench. But he's a risky proposition. He's not a defensive stopper, he hasn't shown the instant offense mentality, and as much as he moves around the floor he's not shooting it a whole lot.

It's early in the season and maybe his offense will come. At the moment though I don't know if teams (Knicks or other) have a clear grasp of what they'd be getting with him on their roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mHqS0Bt-8

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/30/2017  1:22 PM
technomaster wrote:I don't know if this guy is going to be on an NBA team after this season, to be honest. Teams might pick him up thinking they'll develop him as offense/shooting off the bench. But he's a risky proposition. He's not a defensive stopper, he hasn't shown the instant offense mentality, and as much as he moves around the floor he's not shooting it a whole lot.

It's early in the season and maybe his offense will come. At the moment though I don't know if teams (Knicks or other) have a clear grasp of what they'd be getting with him on their roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1mHqS0Bt-8

Plus, it's his third team and he hasn't even finished his rookie deal. He's gotta be feeling the pressure. You see guys like Trey Burke and Jimmer who were lottery picks and now are out of the league. McDermot probably realizes if he can't impress here, on a team with now wing talent, that his NBA career is likely over.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
What’s up with NBA McDermott?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy