Member: #581
USA
8/30/2004  7:45 AM
I guess they don't think Payton will show up

From Realgm wiretap

Ainge Sorting Out Roster, Eyes Best and Anderson
08/29 -
10:47 PM
With Gary Payton possibly not reporting to the Boston Celtics, Danny Ainge is considering adding one of two veteran point guards, Travis Best or Kenny Anderson.

Best went to high school in nearby Springfield and said "I've always kept my eye on Boston. It might be a nice story to finish up in Boston, back at home, seeing as how I've pretty much played my entire career after high school away from home.

"But sometimes in order to play somewhere you have to feel wanted. At this point, I just have to find a good situation where I'm going to be playing with a solid team that has an opportunity to make the playoffs. I'm not in any rush. There's still a lot of time left in the summer and I'm just getting in shape."

Anderson played for the Celtics for four seasons before being traded to Seattle in the Vin Baker deal.

Either player, while not stellar, will solidify the point guard position with veteran leadership.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/30/2004 07:45:57]
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/30/2004  9:04 AM
Its a slow day in Hoop, but I thought this was a Knicks forum?

IMHO, I can gives two shoyts anda Phuch about he Celts and their point needs.

ANd I will hoist up a coldie if Vin can drop 20-10 on the celts and shove it up their arse! Im not saying Danny Boy was not trying to wiggle out of that monster contract, cuz he was, and Im not saying it was not just business, cuz it was, but I still hope he gives it too them on their dime also! They paying him like 8 mil a year for two years, and he drops a double double on them, thats funny!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/30/2004  9:14 AM
Lets trade Marbury for Pierce
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
USA
8/30/2004  9:30 AM
Posted by Nalod:

ANd I will hoist up a coldie if Vin can drop 20-10 on the celts and shove it up their arse! Im not saying Danny Boy was not trying to wiggle out of that monster contract, cuz he was, and Im not saying it was not just business, cuz it was, but I still hope he gives it too them on their dime also! They paying him like 8 mil a year for two years, and he drops a double double on them, thats funny!
People post here all the time about non-knick basketball news? Why are you now just having a problem with it? Having a bad morning or something?
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/30/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

that's a thought, but i don't like it. nor will boston go for it.
maybe i'm a bit bias becuase i'm a marbury fan.
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
8/30/2004  3:17 PM
I prefer Marbury to Pierce anyday.

We should trade Moochie Norris and Shandon Anderson for Paul Pierce ;).
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
8/30/2004  3:26 PM
Posted by toodarkmark:

boston would have to throw in a draft pick because anderson and moochie come off the books a year before him
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
toodarkmark
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #515
USA
8/30/2004  4:50 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by toodarkmark:

boston would have to throw in a draft pick because anderson and moochie come off the books a year before him

Lottery unprotected of course.
I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
Nalod
USA
8/30/2004  8:14 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

People post here all the time about non-knick basketball news? Why are you now just having a problem with it? Having a bad morning or something?

That is not news. Its Media filler BS. Scrubs pining for a spot on the celts is news, let alone relevent.

But Since you asked.

I mentioned Vin, made it relevent.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2004  8:26 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Never!!!!

But Danny Ainge might consider a Tim Thomas and KT for Pierce and a filler.....that would be awesome.

Hey Pierce and LaFrentz for KT, Tim Thomas and Moochie works on RealGM!!!!

They signed Mark Blount to be the starting center so LaFrentz is expendable.....KT would be their power fwd. Tim Thomas contract is shorter than Pierce and Danny has already said that he thinks Pierce isn't capable of carrying a team.

This could happen....

[Edited by - enyspree on 08/30/2004 20:33:16]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/30/2004  8:39 PM
come on man, are you serious?...Ainge would never trade Pierce unless he could get a proven stud player in return, much less trade him to his divisional rival Knicks for a package of Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas & Moochie Norris! even w/them unloading Raef LaFrentz' horrible contract, this trade has absolutely zero chance of happening...if Pierce were to be traded anywhere, it would be to a Western Conference team & Ainge could get a whole lot better in return for him that that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
8/30/2004  9:17 PM
Actually Ainge seems to love draft picks. If we had 2 picks to give up, he might do a Shandon and Moochie trade for Pierce
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2004  9:41 PM
Posted by TMS:

come on man, are you serious?...

Yup....

Danny traded Walker for LaFrentz for christ sakes.

Danny seesm to want to start from scratch.....maybe Timmy's short contract would do it. KT is a solid option at the 4 for them......Danny might see LaFrentz as a 4 but LaFrentz has been underachieving his whole career, and now coming off a season ending injury maybe Danny would do it.....

Yeah other teams could offer better.....like maybe Pierce for Artest or Peja....but we wanna help the Knicks.....

You mean to tell me Danny couldn't get more for Walker than he did? Anything is possible especially from dummies like Mullin, John Paxson, and Danny Ainge.....

Take a look at it again: Timmy, KT, and Moochie for Pierce and Lafrentz....

From Boston's perspective:
Timmy's contract is 2 years shorter and Danny is not a fan of Pierce.
LaFrentz is a career underachiever that came off a season ending injury with one of the worst contracts in the league.
Moochie is a vet point guard that if you add 3 mill to the deal it's like you are getting a ending contract.

Knick?:
Pierce needs a change of scenery....dude is one of the best players in the league especially one on one. He may have the best in between game in the league. Plus Marbs would average 10 assists just passing to him.

Lafrentz is a bum but a bum with potential to not be a bum, lol. He still has a terrible contract.....He would start for the Knicks if healthy, and allow Baker to Back-up Sweetney at the 4.....

[Edited by - enyspree on 08/30/2004 21:48:49]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/30/2004  10:33 PM
dude is one of the best players in the league

exactly...you could get alot more for Pierce than just the Thomas boys...Moochie is just filler cap relief...when you're trading a guy like Pierce, i don't care what the GM's name is, they will want someone who they can build their franchise around...none of those players in that Knicks package fit that bill.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/31/2004  12:55 AM
I would trade ANYONE on our roster for Paul Pierce, including Stephon Marbury or Mike Sweetney. He, in my mind, is right up there with Kobe and T-Mac, and may even be better than T-Mac, b/c of the health issues and the attitude, that comes with McGrady.

Paul Pierce usually leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring, plays with his team, shoots the lights out, plays defense when he wants, is a very good rebounder, and he hustles. He plays with a lot of heart. He's a better player than Marbury. Pierce is one of the FEW players, I would trade Marbury for. Not to mention he is young.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/31/2004  12:58 AM
PG- Crawford
SG- Houston
SF- Pierce
pf- Sweetney
C- Whoever

That's one of the best backcourts ever.

Again, I love Marbury, and I would trade him for so few players, it's ridiculous. Paul Pierce is one of those few though.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Ray15
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #668
8/31/2004  1:25 AM
I agree with Allanfan that Pierce is right there with T-Mac for 2nd best swingman in the game today behind Kobe. The guy is a monster. He does everything on the court and off the court as a leader. What puts him ahead of T-Mac in my opinion is his unbelievable defense. Trying to be as non-biased as possible, I think from a talent standpoint Pierce would be more valuable. However, the relationship Marbury has created with this city and this organization has been incredible and I think his emotion and leadership will win us more games.

I would give up anything, however, to get Pierce aside from Marbury. Sweetney is my favorite player on the team along with Marbury. I think he is going to explode into a tremendous player THIS YEAR. Even with that view, I would trade him along with KT, TT, Ariza, and a future pick for Paul Pierce and a guy like Lafrentz. I think Ariza is going to be solid as well ala Tay Prince. If Isiah made that trade, a bunch of you would claim we are jepordizing our future. I don't see it that way. I see it as building a team that can compete for the championship. Both Pierce and Lafrentz tremendously add to our defense and shotblocking ablity. Imagine a healthy Lafrentz on the pick and roll with Marbs. Pierce would play the 3 for us and can because he is a great rebounder and tough, physical defender. Imagine Marbs, Craw, Pierce, and Houston as a backcourt rotation. Lafrentz, Baker, Nazr, JYD would hold down the frontcourt until the trade deadline which we could possibly add another. If Lafrentz stays healthy and Nazr continues to improve, that team is championship caliber.
Defense and Toughness
Bonn1997
USA
8/31/2004  6:01 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

PG- Crawford
SG- Houston
SF- Pierce
pf- Sweetney
C- Whoever

That's one of the best backcourts ever.

Again, I love Marbury, and I would trade him for so few players, it's ridiculous. Paul Pierce is one of those few though.
I'd take a line with Marbury and Crawford and Houston over the one you listed. If the one you listed is one of the best backcourts ever, then it's only a better backcourt with Marbury in it. (You have Pierce listed as a frontcourt player.)
Also, if Houston gets injured or at least has to have his minutes reduced, I'd much rather have a PG, SG, SF starting lineup of Marbury, Crawford, and Tim Thomas than Crawford, Pierce, and Penny Hardaway. The former lineup is significantly better at 2 of the 3 positions.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 08/31/2004 08:47:47]
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/31/2004  6:21 AM
1) I was joking about the "trade Stephon for Pierce" hence I left the

2) There is no way either side would want to make that trade. Boston is trying to build around Pierce and we are trying to build around Stephon.

3) Pierce is a better player than Stephon but a backcourt of Stephon Craw is much better than a backcourt od Craw and Houston.

4) Houston wont be healthy enough to survive more than 25 games so a trade at this time without getting a backup SG could cause similar results as last year.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
USA
8/31/2004  8:49 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

1) I was joking about the "trade Stephon for Pierce" hence I left the

2) There is no way either side would want to make that trade. Boston is trying to build around Pierce and we are trying to build around Stephon.

3) Pierce is a better player than Stephon but a backcourt of Stephon Craw is much better than a backcourt od Craw and Houston.

4) Houston wont be healthy enough to survive more than 25 games so a trade at this time without getting a backup SG could cause similar results as last year.

Starved for rumors and deals. Like a freenzy out there!

Oh, Vince before Paul is more real.
Celtics looking for PG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy