[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can Jeff Coach?

Author Poll
Caseloads
Member: #41
Were we wrong about Jeff Hornacek? Can Jeff actually coach when he has a half-way decent PG and management not forcing a coaching style down his throat?
Yes, Jeff Can Coach and is not a lost cause
No, Jeff Can NOT Coach and is a lost cause
View Results

Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/29/2017  9:00 PM
He was terrible up until this point but Jarrett Jack and Frank have settled things down. He made adjustments and he's starting to settle in on a rotation.... gotta give him credit
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/29/2017  9:03 PM
Still not happy that willy has basically played 10 minutes all year. I understand they are showcasing kanter and oquinn but willy is suppose to be a important building block
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/29/2017  9:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Still not happy that willy has basically played 10 minutes all year. I understand they are showcasing kanter and oquinn but willy is suppose to be a important building block

He is. Mills said he's not trading Frank or Willy. He's got to wait his turn

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/29/2017  10:14 PM
Odd how it turns out the coach can coach, when you have a real point guard and no sulking ball stoppers. It may even be possible, the coaching was not the problem...what a concept!
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/29/2017  10:16 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Odd how it turns out the coach can coach, when you have a real point guard and no sulking ball stoppers. It may even be possible, the coaching was not the problem...what a concept!

Horny needs a PG. If his PG's suck then he's in trouble, when the PG's play well, everything for the most part works out in the end.

The Future is Bright!
blkexec
Member: #748
10/29/2017  11:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:He was terrible up until this point but Jarrett Jack and Frank have settled things down. He made adjustments and he's starting to settle in on a rotation.... gotta give him credit

YES....we haven't seen Sessions log 1 min in 2 games.

Sometimes it takes a team and coach to have their back to the wall to figure it out......But Hornacek gets a lot of credit for doing things other recent knick coaches wouldn't do. Shake it up early, instead of waiting it out.....Clearly the lineup or chemistry wasn't working, and he changed it quick.....3 games in? Yes.... I said it earlier, Hornacek has the hardest job, trying to find a rotation with so many similar players.....But only playing 9 players? Thats a tight playoff rotation.....Thats someone trying to win.......lol

I think this best skill is that players like him and respond to his defensive challenges. Our defense has stepped up....And Frank's arms causes havic off the bench. Lee always been solid to me....Worried about KP guarding the 3. And Love was killing him earlier, but KP and the teams switching help improved. Another coaching defensive strategy.....which caused some TOs.

I like the new Young Energy knicks movement....With a vet like Jarrett Jack, who's the perfect leader. At his age, his IQ is high and his mobility, handles and leadership is solid. His ability to hit mid range shots is huge with that starting lineup vs Sessions who needs the lane clear to attack the rim.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
10/29/2017  11:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2017  11:19 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Still not happy that willy has basically played 10 minutes all year. I understand they are showcasing kanter and oquinn but willy is suppose to be a important building block

Willy is like Aaron Rogers (not comparing talent, but how he sat on the bench behind Farve for ever)....He will be solid for a while once his turn is up. And as long as hes getting paid to hang out with his boy, I wouldn't complain. Kanter is a beast right now, and could become (if not already) a solid trading chip. Or KP, Kanter and Willy could be the knicks rotation of the future. Eitherway, the knicks have a farm of Bigs that are increasing their value with every win...At least Kanter is....

Imagine having Kanter sitting on the bench right now? Thats a lot of production that Willy has never produced on a consistent basis, not saying he can't. But I really didn't know Kanter was this polished under the rim. It has to be the KP factor.....Playing next to a 7'3 PF.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/30/2017  5:26 AM
blkexec wrote:

Willy is like Aaron Rogers (not comparing talent, but how he sat on the bench behind Farve for ever)....He will be solid for a while once his turn is up. And as long as hes getting paid to hang out with his boy, I wouldn't complain. Kanter is a beast right now, and could become (if not already) a solid trading chip. Or KP, Kanter and Willy could be the knicks rotation of the future. Eitherway, the knicks have a farm of Bigs that are increasing their value with every win...At least Kanter is....

Imagine having Kanter sitting on the bench right now? Thats a lot of production that Willy has never produced on a consistent basis, not saying he can't. But I really didn't know Kanter was this polished under the rim. It has to be the KP factor.....Playing next to a 7'3 PF.

totally agree, Willy is good, but Kanter is game changer

Can Jeff Coach?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy