[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Live observations from last nights games.
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/28/2017  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  12:20 PM
Meant game. And No, I did not give uo my share in season tickets this year. Even though I was pretty close its something that will probably never happen. Unless Dolan sits next to me.

Observations:

KP- He played great. Looked stronger than last couple of years. And I know how guys brag about him lifting weights but he did not look much bigger but did seem to have more lower body stability and was not getting pushed around. But then again he was being guarded by Jefferson. But great sign. He also posted up much more and was aggressive to the rim. Still had those heat check three point attempts but, so what, every good player in the NBA takes those. He is going to have a great year.

Kanter- With all the talk of him taking Willy's minutes(me included) he is a true work horse. Great motor and effort is always at a high level when on the court. I dont see a reason to trade him and think he can also develop a 15 foot jumper to elevate his offense even more. His defense was good, needs to see the whole court a bit more. Has a tendancy to not see the play developing and leaves his man open.

Frank- Was great to finally see him play in person. Kid is athletic and quick. He definately puts presure on the ball and has good Basketball IQ and court awareness. Think with time he will be more agressive to the rim. Did not look to drive much but I am sure that will change as his confidence continues to grow.

Timmy- Looks like a guy that is trying to earn his contract with every play. Looked terrible. Forced everything. Just doesn't seem happy as well. Think if he gets over trying to live up to his contract and just lets the game come to him, he will be okay. Played okay in second half and good effort on defense. Think JH pulled him after a couple of forced shots. Funny thing. A guy screamed out to him that he is doing a bad Melo impression. To which another fan screamed back "Yeah but Melo hit them"

Team Depth- Keep saying that this team is much deeper than I have seen in several years. All seem to be experienced NBA guys that have physical ability and can hit shots. No Sasha, Jose, Galloway, Ndour types. Think it shows on defense as they are not only quicker but more experienced anticipating the other teams offenisve schemes. Good to see. Of course this was the Nyets but they still came out and played well on both ends. SPECIALLY the defensive end. Speaking of Nets, they looked as though they did not want to be there. Sloppy and tired looking. Surprising, considering they beat the Cavs and have looked pretty good early on. But then again, every bad team looks good at the begining of the year.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/28/2017  1:32 PM
Good analysis hofstra. I find myself agreeing with you a lot more than in the past
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/28/2017  2:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Good analysis hofstra. I find myself agreeing with you a lot more than in the past

Who got smarter, you or him?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/28/2017  2:11 PM
Funny thing. A guy screamed out to him that he is doing a bad Melo impression. To which another fan screamed back "Yeah but Melo hit them"

Hope this doesn’t mean a trigger happy barrage from hardaway

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
HofstraBBall

10/28/2017  2:39 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Good analysis hofstra. I find myself agreeing with you a lot more than in the past

Smarter? Starks and I did not agree on the Melo era. Fair enough. But we're both smart enough to not let that resort to name calling. Will give you time.

Btw. Thanks for the useless input to the thread. Is that standard practice for you? Or should we expect another "Frank needs to work on some stuff" proclamation post?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/28/2017  2:46 PM

Easy to agree when there is very little expectation. Have to give the new players time to grow. Hoping this is the rebuild that will lead to some sort of success.

StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  3:06 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Easy to agree when there is very little expectation. Have to give the new players time to grow. Hoping this is the rebuild that will lead to some sort of success.

thats fair. I do think we are better than most people feel we are. That might not translate to wins necessarily this year but going forward it will be much better
StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  3:08 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Smarter? Starks and I did not agree on the Melo era. Fair enough. But we're both smart enough to not let that resort to name calling. Will give you time.

Btw. Thanks for the useless input to the thread. Is that standard practice for you? Or should we expect another "Frank needs to work on some stuff" proclamation post?

Exactly. We were on different sides of the melo era but i think we both respected eachothers opinions which i appreciated and that was the only reason i mentioned that in the thread.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/28/2017  3:45 PM
Thanks for the take Hofstra. One added benefit I believe from having Kanter on the team is that it gives KP a benchmark for what he wants to do in the paint, on offense.

Its good for KP to be playing (for a while anyway) along side someone his size who can do damage in the paint the way Kanter can. Good motivation.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/28/2017  5:47 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

It was a joke, but okay!!!!!!

HofstraBBall

10/28/2017  6:05 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

It was a joke, but okay!!!!!!

So was my response. Bad jokes come in pairs. No worries.

nychamp
Member: #2556

10/28/2017  6:18 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Thanks for the take Hofstra. One added benefit I believe from having Kanter on the team is that it gives KP a benchmark for what he wants to do in the paint, on offense.

Its good for KP to be playing (for a while anyway) along side someone his size who can do damage in the paint the way Kanter can. Good motivation.

I think this Kanter take is on point and important to acknowledge.

Also really appreciate this kind of post, Hofstra, thanks. Keeps me interested in the forum in the face of a high volume of nonsensical takes or goofy spoutings.

HofstraBBall

10/28/2017  6:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Thanks for the take Hofstra. One added benefit I believe from having Kanter on the team is that it gives KP a benchmark for what he wants to do in the paint, on offense.

Excellent point. Did not think of that. My only complaint with KP has been his afinity for the three ball. Kanter definitely is a good influence on how to play big down low.

StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  7:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Excellent point. Did not think of that. My only complaint with KP has been his afinity for the three ball. Kanter definitely is a good influence on how to play big down low.

yeah especially the deep 3 ball he takes often and i dont like it. HOWEVER if he is open he can hit the 3
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/28/2017  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  8:55 PM
Well this thread took a hard right real quick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2017  10:04 PM
Thanks for posting this. I missed the third quarter last night and just rewatched it. Man was Kanter impressive. The guy was relentless on the offensive glass. He also was working hard on d.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/29/2017  6:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Thanks for posting this. I missed the third quarter last night and just rewatched it. Man was Kanter impressive. The guy was relentless on the offensive glass. He also was working hard on d.

Been saying for a while I don't see the reason to trade Kanter. He is 25, he is physical, he sets good picks and complements KP's game. Willy can come in and be a great weapon off the bench. The 3 man rotation of KP/Kanter/Willy may make us the best power frontline in the league. Once Frank is 21-22 and we get another star guard, we can be one heck of a team 2 years from now.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/29/2017  7:07 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Thanks for posting this. I missed the third quarter last night and just rewatched it. Man was Kanter impressive. The guy was relentless on the offensive glass. He also was working hard on d.

Been saying for a while I don't see the reason to trade Kanter. He is 25, he is physical, he sets good picks and complements KP's game. Willy can come in and be a great weapon off the bench. The 3 man rotation of KP/Kanter/Willy may make us the best power frontline in the league. Once Frank is 21-22 and we get another star guard, we can be one heck of a team 2 years from now.

You cannot pay both Kanter and Willy...although the decision on Willy is 3 year off...

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/29/2017  7:14 AM
ekstarks94 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

You cannot pay both Kanter and Willy...although the decision on Willy is 3 year off...

You play KP with Willy and KP with Kanter. You need a stretch 4 or a big 3 who can play minutes there. However if you've got bigs like KP, Kanter, Willy. You will be a very strong team inside and with KP's outside skill, you'll be a nightmare match up. Won't really have the ability to take advantage of it until Frank matures and we bring in another star guard or wing player.
HofstraBBall

10/29/2017  2:30 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
ekstarks94 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

You play KP with Willy and KP with Kanter. You need a stretch 4 or a big 3 who can play minutes there. However if you've got bigs like KP, Kanter, Willy. You will be a very strong team inside and with KP's outside skill, you'll be a nightmare match up. Won't really have the ability to take advantage of it until Frank matures and we bring in another star guard or wing player.

The way I see it, having Willy and Kanter share minutes at the 5, the next few years, is not a bad thing. Dont think that Kanter nor Willy can play the 4 though. My point was that we have other things to upgrade besides worrying about Kanter , who so far has been a strong presence down low and a good rebounder. Think the early hate came from him taking Willy's minutes. Think KO will be the odd man out and hopefully the Knicks are trying to increase his value. More concerned about getting a back up for KP, an attacking SG and another strong two way 3.

Live observations from last nights games.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy