[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Piece by Piece
Author Thread
awe1028
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #2780

10/27/2017  11:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  11:56 PM
After the Stephen Curry/Jordan Hill debacle you would think the Knicks would have learned to prioritize building the team through the
Draft

But uh uh. It took years but finally because of Phil Jackson (THANK YOU PHIL) and Scott Perry The Knicks have finally embraced the draft

However, after only 3 games 3 games you had posters advocating turning around in mid stream and abandoning the rebuild by signing injury proned Isiah Thomas.

In additional to the aforementioned Curry/Jordan Noah, Clee, are other examples of why it was foolish to advocate abandoning the rebuild.

Tonight's game demonstrates why the Knicks have made the right decision to go with the youth and build through the draft. Obviously the rebuild is gong to take time but it is a step by step piece by piece process

2015 High draft pick: Kristaps Porzingis - Piece by Piece

2017 High draft pick: Frank Nitilikina - Piece by Piece

2017 Second round pick: DD - Piece by Piece

2018 Should be a high draft Pick: Michael Porter, Luca Doncic - Piece By Piece

2018 Chicago's pick should be high 2nd second round: Another piece

Seeing the way KP and Frank play tonight wow. The only negative let's hope Frank does not jeopardize Porter or Doncic. And finally can we stop the silliness about abandoning the rebuild in order to return to the old ways?

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/28/2017  12:03 AM
Agreed. Most fans are totally fine with rebuilding because its the most realistic and smartest way to have a good future. However there are certain people who hate the concept of rebuilding or building primarily through the draft. On one hand i do understand their frustration but on the other hand we can no longer afford to give up picks and youth for veteran players. For years we did that and it never ever worked. Despite what happens this year we are doing it the right way
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/28/2017  12:16 AM
awe1028 wrote:After the Stephen Curry/Jordan Hill debacle you would think the Knicks would have learned to prioritize building the team through the
Draft

But uh uh. It took years but finally because of Phil Jackson (THANK YOU PHIL) and Scott Perry The Knicks have finally embraced the draft

However, after only 3 games 3 games you had posters advocating turning around in mid stream and abandoning the rebuild by signing injury proned Isiah Thomas.

In additional to the aforementioned Curry/Jordan Noah, Clee, are other examples of why it was foolish to advocate abandoning the rebuild.

Tonight's game demonstrates why the Knicks have made the right decision to go with the youth and build through the draft. Obviously the rebuild is gong to take time but it is a step by step piece by piece process

Seeing the way KP and Frank play tonight wow. The only negative let's hope Frank does not jeopardize Porter or Doncic. And finally can we stop the silliness about abandoning the rebuild in order to return to the old ways?

Not sure I saw what you are describing. What I saw, frustration that Frank cud onky stay on te court fr 26 minutes through the sl, preseason and the first fur eas of te regular season, not winning in the preseason or regular season, not playing the youth or one of the members of the core four. I don't see anyone asking for the kids to be traded. Willy might be traded but that is because, thank you Phil, the Noah contract. Phil could only trade next years pick based on the cba. Thanks Phil for not trading the 2018 pick. Thanks for accidental tanking every year you ran the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/28/2017  12:18 AM
I mean think if we get a top pick this year to add to our young core. Look at this team.

Kanter,Willy
KP,Oquin,Bulls Pick
Doncic,McDermott
Thjr,Lee/Dotson
Frank,Baker,Jack

I think the Knicks would be fighting for chips in a few years with That roster healthy

But with that said, if Frank flourishes and KP keeps throwing down 30 Pt games, while the team is playing top of the line defense, and the Knicks sneak into the playoffs, top players will be lining up to play with KP so really its a win win for this roster right now either way.... its really fun to watch these guys develop! Kanter included! We finally have valuable players other teams will want ! It’s going to be exciting to see how this all unfolds.

StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  12:24 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
awe1028 wrote:After the Stephen Curry/Jordan Hill debacle you would think the Knicks would have learned to prioritize building the team through the
Draft

Not sure I saw what you are describing. What I saw, frustration that Frank cud onky stay on te court fr 26 minutes through the sl, preseason and the first fur eas of te regular season, not winning in the preseason or regular season, not playing the youth or one of the members of the core four. I don't see anyone asking for the kids to be traded. Willy might be traded but that is because, thank you Phil, the Noah contract. Phil could only trade next years pick based on the cba. Thanks Phil for not trading the 2018 pick. Thanks for accidental tanking every year you ran the Knicks.
i know you despise Phil and i agree he made mistakes definetly but at the same time you gotta be fair he lefts us with some good youth to build a foundation on
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/28/2017  1:06 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

i know you despise Phil and i agree he made mistakes definetly but at the same time you gotta be fair he lefts us with some good youth to build a foundation on

That’s the fair thing to admit about Phil. At least he got this team some legit talent to build with.

awe1028
Member: #2780

10/28/2017  1:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

You are right. No one actually came out and advocated trading Frank. But when you have posters pushing to sign Isiah Thomas or trade for Bledsoe who do you think Thomas or Bledsoe would have replaced in the line up. Bringing in those to players clearly meant those posters wanted to abandon the rebuild.

It's understandable that people were frustrated that Frank had not been able to play. But that is precisely why it was foolish to use the "B" word not that one but bust when describing Frank. It was only 3 games and he had not played how could he have been a bust? People are just too quick to throw bust around.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/28/2017  4:54 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I mean think if we get a top pick this year to add to our young core. Look at this team.

Kanter,Willy
KP,Oquin,Bulls Pick
Doncic,McDermott
Thjr,Lee/Dotson
Frank,Baker,Jack

I think the Knicks would be fighting for chips in a few years with That roster healthy

But with that said, if Frank flourishes and KP keeps throwing down 30 Pt games, while the team is playing top of the line defense, and the Knicks sneak into the playoffs, top players will be lining up to play with KP so really its a win win for this roster right now either way.... its really fun to watch these guys develop! Kanter included! We finally have valuable players other teams will want ! It’s going to be exciting to see how this all unfolds.

In a league exploding with athleticism, we are relatively slow in the from court w KP,wily And Kanter. OQuinn and Noah are no premier athletes either.
Kanter imo is expendable as his game is without defense or athletic. If we keep Wily ans KP and Draft a big (or Mike Porter)we will become athletic and better defensively with either big chosen in the top 5. Stretch Noah. Trade OQuinn and Kanter while his value is high

CrushAlot
USA
10/28/2017  7:16 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

i was really excited when Dolan hired Phil and gave him autonomy. I grew very frustrated with him because of his odd combination of arrogance, incompetence and laziness in his approach. I will give him credit for recognizing that the team he put together that first year that he thought was a lottery team and resetting to tank. Bernangomez was a great signing and pick. If he has to be traded because of one of Phil's bad free agent signings it will suck. I don't think we know what the knicks have yet in Frank. KP was the logical choice at four. Phil didn't trade the 2018 pick, the pick that almost went in the proposed Lowry trade, because it was the first pick the knicks could trade. If you think that is a great body of work by a gm then we disagree. It would be hard for any NBA employee not to at least get those things right.
StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  7:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

i was really excited when Dolan hired Phil and gave him autonomy. I grew very frustrated with him because of his odd combination of arrogance, incompetence and laziness in his approach. I will give him credit for recognizing that the team he put together that first year that he thought was a lottery team and resetting to tank. Bernangomez was a great signing and pick. If he has to be traded because of one of Phil's bad free agent signings it will suck. I don't think we know what the knicks have yet in Frank. KP was the logical choice at four. Phil didn't trade the 2018 pick, the pick that almost went in the proposed Lowry trade, because it was the first pick the knicks could trade. If you think that is a great body of work by a gm then we disagree. It would be hard for any NBA employee not to at least get those things right.
when did i ever say phil had a great body of work? In fact if you go back you would see that i criticized phil at least 95 percent of the time. I bashed him for the noah signing,rose trade,the chandler and jr smith/shumpert trades, even the way he handled the melo drama and i dont even like melo. I mean does that sound like someone who thinks phil did a good job? All i said was that phil did a good job with most of our draft picks....thats all. Maybe its time to forget phil and just focus on how Perry does building on the youth we have
CrushAlot
USA
10/28/2017  8:06 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

when did i ever say phil had a great body of work? In fact if you go back you would see that i criticized phil at least 95 percent of the time. I bashed him for the noah signing,rose trade,the chandler and jr smith/shumpert trades, even the way he handled the melo drama and i dont even like melo. I mean does that sound like someone who thinks phil did a good job? All i said was that phil did a good job with most of our draft picks....thats all. Maybe its time to forget phil and just focus on how Perry does building on the youth we have

Sounds good. Hard not to go there if you respond to a post with, I know you despise Phil...
StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  8:20 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

Sounds good. Hard not to go there if you respond to a post with, I know you despise Phil...
Sure but you kinda do at least to me . Im not trying to convince you that phil was a good president....he certainly wasnt at all. However you have to give him credit for the good things he did even if they dont outweigh the bad decisions
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2017  9:05 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

That’s the fair thing to admit about Phil. At least he got this team some legit talent to build with.

was danilo, ariza, nate, lee, frye, chandler not solid picks, even though Isaiah traded picks, he acquired more picks than any president in the past 30yrs.

I know some of you feel I'm not for building through the draft, but that's really not the case. Im just not into tanking for no high pick when that has a higher chance of being a bust, as oppose to trading for a really good player.

ES
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/28/2017  9:05 AM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

was danilo, ariza, nate, lee, frye, chandler not solid picks, even though Isaiah traded picks, he acquired more picks than any president in the past 30yrs.

I know some of you feel I'm not for building through the draft, but that's really not the case. Im just not into tanking for no high pick when that has a higher chance of being a bust, as oppose to trading for a really good player.

ES
StarksEwing1

10/28/2017  12:06 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

but here is the problem. For years we traded numerous picks and assets and it always never worked. Im not for tanking but at the same time its obviously we needed to infuse young talent into this organization and the best way to do it is by drafting. Its time to try a new way to build for a change
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/28/2017  12:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Draft

agreed on all accounts..

Welpee
Member: #6239

10/28/2017  3:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  3:20 PM
Rebuilding and tanking are synonyms for some. I have no problem being patient with a rebuild. I'm just not down with purposely trying to be as bad as possible and not win games to get a higher draft pick, particularly this early in the season.

Regarding Stephen Curry/Jordan Hill, perhaps if we did a better job of tanking we'd also have Jahlil Okafor instead of KP. Who's on board with that swap?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/28/2017  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/28/2017  3:43 PM
Welpee wrote:Rebuilding and tanking are synonyms for some. I have no problem being patient with a rebuild. I'm just not down with purposely trying to be as bad as possible and not win games to get a higher draft pick, particularly this early in the season.

Regarding Stephen Curry/Jordan Hill, perhaps if we did a better job of tanking we'd also have Jahlil Okafor instead of KP. Who's on board with that swap?

or we would have Towns instead of KP but that didn't fit your narrative. It is always better to pick higher.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Piece by Piece

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy