[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Goals and not-goals of the season.
Author Thread
arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/26/2017  10:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  10:34 PM
The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
AUTOADVERT
nykshaknbake
Posts: 21910
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
10/27/2017  8:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  8:19 AM
Sounds good. Though 5 and 2 hurt 4.

Specifically I expect at a minimum for each player:
1. Frank N. Takeover the starters role and be a somewhat below Ang PG in the league.

2. Baker continue to be terrible at shooting and mediocre on the D, while being a better manager than Sessions.

3. Sessions to play exactly as he is now.

4. Willy to play like he does now.

5. Kp to shoot above 45 percent and average above 8 rbs a game.

6. Quinn, Lee, Beasley status quo.

7. Noah to show up in shape and be an average defender and good distributor, while being below average on the D.

8. Thj 44% fg. 35% 3. Below average defense. Neglgible rbs and assists.

What do u guys expect our players at a minimum to do?

franco12
Posts: 29860
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/19/2004
Member: #599
USA
10/27/2017  8:41 AM
We have to find out if KP is a bust or not.

Meaning, can he perform throughout the year, avoid the nagging injuries that have shut him down and hurt his #'s later in the season.

Can he be consistent.

And the shooting %'s all have to go up for him.

Can we move Kanter and get some value that fits back?

Can we please play Dotson?

And, can Frank N actually play? I don't mind bringing him along slowly, but when we drafted him, all I read about here from some of his boosters was how he was a boy playing against men, against better competition that the CBB players we passed on.

Well, DSjr isn't being brought along and hidden by 8 minute stretches. He's playing and contributing.

Is Frank that much of a project that he can't beat out Ramon 'Garbage' Sessions?????

arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/27/2017  9:12 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:Sounds good. Though 5 and 2 hurt 4.

Specifically I expect at a minimum for each player:
1. Frank N. Takeover the starters role and be a somewhat below Ang PG in the league.

2. Baker continue to be terrible at shooting and mediocre on the D, while being a better manager than Sessions.

3. Sessions to play exactly as he is now.

4. Willy to play like he does now.

5. Kp to shoot above 45 percent and average above 8 rbs a game.

6. Quinn, Lee, Beasley status quo.

7. Noah to show up in shape and be an average defender and good distributor, while being below average on the D.

8. Thj 44% fg. 35% 3. Below average defense. Neglgible rbs and assists.

What do u guys expect our players at a minimum to do?

5 and 2 can lessen our ping-pong chances but it is unlikely that 2 will be completed and 5 may be rather negative answer.
The rebuilding process is 3 games in and usually takes 3-5 years.
So most of the fans are concern about some irrelevant players who will not be there.
KP himself need at least 2 more years to became something.
Now we are in zero cycle of demolition and building the foundation.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
Moonangie
Posts: 24336
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 7/9/2009
Member: #2788

10/27/2017  9:17 AM
arkrud wrote:The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

Yup...this^^^

knicks1248
Posts: 36278
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/27/2017  9:40 AM
arkrud wrote:The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

how can you

1)develop young players, while getting blown out every night, that doesn't change the culture.
2)balance the roster- the same FO that took 3 months to make this the most unbalance roster in the league
3)trade vets- for assets, how can do you that when the vets look horrible in the blowouts
4)Get into the lottery, that would be cool, if we had a competent FO to make the right choice
5)see if horny is any good, in blow outs..How?

If you

1)win games, that clearly indicates the young guys are getting better and learning how to win =DEVELOPMENT
2)make the playoffs, so everyone's value and confidence goes up, now you have trade chips
3)get young players seriously injured, how, frank got injured in practice, injuries can happen at any point in a game or practice.

ES
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

10/27/2017  10:27 AM
I'd say the goals for this year are either:

- Luka Doncic
or
- Michael Porter

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
arkrud
Posts: 30681
Alba Posts: 7
Joined: 8/31/2005
Member: #995
USA
10/27/2017  11:08 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

how can you

1)develop young players, while getting blown out every night, that doesn't change the culture.
2)balance the roster- the same FO that took 3 months to make this the most unbalance roster in the league
3)trade vets- for assets, how can do you that when the vets look horrible in the blowouts
4)Get into the lottery, that would be cool, if we had a competent FO to make the right choice
5)see if horny is any good, in blow outs..How?

If you

1)win games, that clearly indicates the young guys are getting better and learning how to win =DEVELOPMENT
2)make the playoffs, so everyone's value and confidence goes up, now you have trade chips
3)get young players seriously injured, how, frank got injured in practice, injuries can happen at any point in a game or practice.

You want a 5-year old kid to became a man overnight using some magic pill.
Possible in some fiction story but not in real life.
Pro sport is not a comic book.

He can teach them to meditate... but no one can control even his own mind...
knicks1248
Posts: 36278
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #582
10/27/2017  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2017  11:26 AM
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

how can you

1)develop young players, while getting blown out every night, that doesn't change the culture.
2)balance the roster- the same FO that took 3 months to make this the most unbalance roster in the league
3)trade vets- for assets, how can do you that when the vets look horrible in the blowouts
4)Get into the lottery, that would be cool, if we had a competent FO to make the right choice
5)see if horny is any good, in blow outs..How?

If you

1)win games, that clearly indicates the young guys are getting better and learning how to win =DEVELOPMENT
2)make the playoffs, so everyone's value and confidence goes up, now you have trade chips
3)get young players seriously injured, how, frank got injured in practice, injuries can happen at any point in a game or practice.

You want a 5-year old kid to became a man overnight using some magic pill.
Possible in some fiction story but not in real life.
Pro sport is not a comic book.

what are you talking about?

were getting blown out by other lottery teams dude

ES
fishmike
Posts: 47705
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
10/27/2017  11:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
arkrud wrote:The goals of the season:
1. Develop young players.
2. Balance the roster.
3. Trade vets for assets
4. Get into lottery
5. See if Horny is any good.
Not the goals on the season:
1. Win games
2. Make playoffs
3. Get young players seriously injured.

Its early but so far so good...

how can you

1)develop young players, while getting blown out every night, that doesn't change the culture.
2)balance the roster- the same FO that took 3 months to make this the most unbalance roster in the league
3)trade vets- for assets, how can do you that when the vets look horrible in the blowouts
4)Get into the lottery, that would be cool, if we had a competent FO to make the right choice
5)see if horny is any good, in blow outs..How?

If you

1)win games, that clearly indicates the young guys are getting better and learning how to win =DEVELOPMENT
2)make the playoffs, so everyone's value and confidence goes up, now you have trade chips
3)get young players seriously injured, how, frank got injured in practice, injuries can happen at any point in a game or practice.

You want a 5-year old kid to became a man overnight using some magic pill.
Possible in some fiction story but not in real life.
Pro sport is not a comic book.

what are you talking about?

were getting blown out by other lottery teams dude

we are? Which ones?
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
nykshaknbake
Posts: 21910
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
10/27/2017  7:27 PM
arkrud wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Sounds good. Though 5 and 2 hurt 4.

Specifically I expect at a minimum for each player:
1. Frank N. Takeover the starters role and be a somewhat below Ang PG in the league.

2. Baker continue to be terrible at shooting and mediocre on the D, while being a better manager than Sessions.

3. Sessions to play exactly as he is now.

4. Willy to play like he does now.

5. Kp to shoot above 45 percent and average above 8 rbs a game.

6. Quinn, Lee, Beasley status quo.

7. Noah to show up in shape and be an average defender and good distributor, while being below average on the D.

8. Thj 44% fg. 35% 3. Below average defense. Neglgible rbs and assists.

What do u guys expect our players at a minimum to do?

5 and 2 can lessen our ping-pong chances but it is unlikely that 2 will be completed and 5 may be rather negative answer.
The rebuilding process is 3 games in and usually takes 3-5 years.
So most of the fans are concern about some irrelevant players who will not be there.
KP himself need at least 2 more years to became something.
Now we are in zero cycle of demolition and building the foundation.

Agreed. These are kind of my if these benchmarks aren't met the player was a disappointment or had an unsuccessful year. Looking at players who will be here long term. It may just be Frank, WIlly and KP.

mlby1215
Posts: 20246
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/16/2017
Member: #6486

10/29/2017  5:06 AM
I think the only goal Knicks really need to have.

1. Keep the picks

I can totally see that Mills will turn his eyes on the picks to save his ass if THjr turns out to be a very average player.

nykshaknbake
Posts: 21910
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/15/2003
Member: #492
10/29/2017  9:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/29/2017  9:33 AM
mlby1215 wrote:I think the only goal Knicks really need to have.

1. Keep the picks

I can totally see that Mills will turn his eyes on the picks to save his ass if THjr turns out to be a very average player.

I think trading for some bad long term contracts is coming. Probably with the picks involved. If so I hope Perry resigns and doesn't let Mills scapegoat him. Though not trading for Bledsoe(yet) maybe an encouraging sign.

GustavBahler
Posts: 32946
Alba Posts: 15
Joined: 7/12/2010
Member: #3186

10/29/2017  11:06 AM
A long way of saying we should tank. Very much disagree. Only so much learning you can do from losing.

I guarantee 100 percent, we could draft a top 3 pick next summer, and there would still be plenty of threads about how we can get a top pick in the next draft, not long after the next season starts. Its an addiction.

If we make the lottery because we didnt go for a quick fix, Im good with that. But the notion that winning games or the playoffs shouldnt be a goal for this team? No way.

Goals and not-goals of the season.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.