Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2017  11:14 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The problem isn't KP, the problem wasn't melo, the problem wasn't amare, the problem is we can never get more than one player playing at a high level.

You need 2 or 3 really good players playing together along with several role players like (THJ, JR types) in order to have success, and an above avg PG.

That's the problem with these retards we get in the FO, they get one all star type talent, and expect him to carry the team for 82 games because is either the best talent on the team or the highest paid. Then when they have a few bad games, he's flaws get picked alive.

So what are you saying? Your stick up your ass is giving you pleasure?

let me tell you how embarrassing the knicks are, and this just happen a few min ago

I'm at work and I forgot my password to a certain data base, so I had to call support to get it reset. One of my security questions was, who's your favorite basketball team. I told her the knicks, she said OH MY I haven't heard that name in so many yrs, she then said, aren't they called the bklyn nets now..i just busted out laughing cause she was dead serious. she said when she was a little girl her brothers use to watch the knicks, she said I haven't heard about them since ewing..embarrassing.

I only brought that up as a testament to just how bad we have been that non basketball fans don't even think the franchise exist. so me and you and all of us can go back and forth about whats the right approach to build a winner, but it doesn't matter much.

The bottom line is none of us control anything pertaining to the knicks, we just share our opinions with each other and none of it matters to anyone but us. who's right, who's wrong, who's neutral who really gives a fck.

we all just want a winning team by any means, because it's starting to feel like the CHICAGO CUBS. the last thing the lady said to me was, if the red sox and cubs won after a 100 yrs, there's hope..and we both laughed, and hu.

Maybe the Brothers Portzingis told knicks: "if you DON"T TANK, and draft quality then WE WILL walk!!", further "If you build around Kris like you have with Ewing and Melo with washed up players or over pay for guys past their prime then we walk"!!!

You don't know that "hey, if you rid of melo and KP with his new regimen of not over training yields better health, why not let KP play thru and BE THE MAN, put up big numbers, build his brand and we get a third cog player to develop?"
Does it makes sense. Yes. WIll it be printed in the media. Nope. Do I know any of this? No. But Im thinking, not making shyt up.

Its not that your a sociopathic fool like our president, you just project that Mills and company should think the way you do. YOu also have the benefit of hindsight. Three games in your busting Frank and THjr. And your flat out panicking.
Regarding the coaching, well its obvious this team is behind. Does that mean the rest of 79 games they will be? I don't know. But im not freaking the phuch out with a stick up my arse.

Chill out my man, it will all play out and none of us have any say or influence on anything. Don't take the bait and feel like you know thing, you don't anymore than the rest of us. You often say things like "I don't understand......" and your right. Leave it there, otherwise your making stuff up. If you have an opinion frame it as such. And your right, Knicks are irrelevant, but that don't mean you get emotional and upset because MIlls is not in synch with you.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/26/2017  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  11:19 AM
Why do these "trade Porzingis" threads keep coming up? What is the benefit of trading a 22 year old star during a rebuilding phase? It literally makes no sense. If he extents, you can do a 3-year rebuild and still be at the very beginning of his prime. How young do we need to be to rebuild?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2017  11:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:The problem isn't KP, the problem wasn't melo, the problem wasn't amare, the problem is we can never get more than one player playing at a high level.

You need 2 or 3 really good players playing together along with several role players like (THJ, JR types) in order to have success, and an above avg PG.

That's the problem with these retards we get in the FO, they get one all star type talent, and expect him to carry the team for 82 games because is either the best talent on the team or the highest paid. Then when they have a few bad games, he's flaws get picked alive.

let me tell you how embarrassing the knicks are, and this just happen a few min ago

I'm at work and I forgot my password to a certain data base, so I had to call support to get it reset. One of my security questions was, who's your favorite basketball team. I told her the knicks, she said OH MY I haven't heard that name in so many yrs, she then said, aren't they called the bklyn nets now..i just busted out laughing cause she was dead serious. she said when she was a little girl her brothers use to watch the knicks, she said I haven't heard about them since ewing..embarrassing.

I only brought that up as a testament to just how bad we have been that non basketball fans don't even think the franchise exist. so me and you and all of us can go back and forth about whats the right approach to build a winner, but it doesn't matter much.

The bottom line is none of us control anything pertaining to the knicks, we just share our opinions with each other and none of it matters to anyone but us. who's right, who's wrong, who's neutral who really gives a fck.

we all just want a winning team by any means, because it's starting to feel like the CHICAGO CUBS. the last thing the lady said to me was, if the red sox and cubs won after a 100 yrs, there's hope..and we both laughed, and hu.

good to know your just as clueless at work as you are here.

LOL. I don't think his example helps his argument either.

example of what?

that your opinion is better than mine..that you and everybody else has all the answers, and your going to make it happen, your going to have a meeting with dolan and mills and straighten this mess out.

Is anything we saying have any factor on what the knicks will do?

Your example that you can't remember passwords
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/26/2017  11:41 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

example of what?

that your opinion is better than mine..that you and everybody else has all the answers, and your going to make it happen, your going to have a meeting with dolan and mills and straighten this mess out.

can we do anything in life now without a password.., pretty soon they're will be no more keys, just passwords, finger prints, facial recognition..

ES
Skudra
Member: #6210
Latvia
10/26/2017  11:48 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Maybe the Brothers Portzingis told knicks: "if you DON"T TANK, and draft quality then WE WILL walk!!", further "If you build around Kris like you have with Ewing and Melo with washed up players or over pay for guys past their prime then we walk"!!!

You don't know that "hey, if you rid of melo and KP with his new regimen of not over training yields better health, why not let KP play thru and BE THE MAN, put up big numbers, build his brand and we get a third cog player to develop?"
Does it makes sense. Yes. WIll it be printed in the media. Nope. Do I know any of this? No. But Im thinking, not making shyt up.

Its not that your a sociopathic fool like our president, you just project that Mills and company should think the way you do. YOu also have the benefit of hindsight. Three games in your busting Frank and THjr. And your flat out panicking.
Regarding the coaching, well its obvious this team is behind. Does that mean the rest of 79 games they will be? I don't know. But im not freaking the phuch out with a stick up my arse.

Chill out my man, it will all play out and none of us have any say or influence on anything. Don't take the bait and feel like you know thing, you don't anymore than the rest of us. You often say things like "I don't understand......" and your right. Leave it there, otherwise your making stuff up. If you have an opinion frame it as such. And your right, Knicks are irrelevant, but that don't mean you get emotional and upset because MIlls is not in synch with you.

None of exactly knows what happened between KP and Knicks, but one thing is certain - KP was not happy with season ending "INJURY", which appears to be tanking related. KP in his press conference told that he will play in national team because he's well rested and have no recent injuries.
Looks like KP don't like tanking mentality and related talks that he is injury prone.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2017  12:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

example of what?

can we do anything in life now without a password.., pretty soon they're will be no more keys, just passwords, finger prints, facial recognition..

I'm just giving you a hard time
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/26/2017  12:23 PM
nyk2017 wrote:when we trade Porzingis. Perry should go to him sometime this year and offer him max contract. If he hesitates or say no, I say we wait till the lottery positions are set and trade him to either Boston (for Tatum and 1st rd pick) or Philly (Fulz and 1st round pick). That way we will have 4 lottery picks from 2 straight drafts and true rebuilding process can begin. It makes the THJr bust and Noah bust more palatable. Boston or Philly can have a core of three proven great players that are young and we can have something to look forward to in 3 years. In 3 years both THJr and Noah's contract will be off the books and we can add veterans that will better fit with the young core.

I would have him on the market right now and take the best offer we get. I just posted about this in another thread that i'm as big a KP fan as there is but i don't think he's the #1 piece on a championship team or the guy that could take us there. I think we can build a better young team without KP and with what we can get for him. We could build around Frank, Willy, Dotson and even THJ. I would first try to trade THJ or even try to make the team that trades for KP to take him as well but if we can't trade THJ then i really don't have a problem keeping him cause if we trade KP then we will be in a true rebuild which would take as long as the 4 years that THJ is signed for.

I love you KP but the Knicks would be better off with our rebuild if they were doing it without you.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/26/2017  12:28 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:when we trade Porzingis. Perry should go to him sometime this year and offer him max contract. If he hesitates or say no, I say we wait till the lottery positions are set and trade him to either Boston (for Tatum and 1st rd pick) or Philly (Fulz and 1st round pick). That way we will have 4 lottery picks from 2 straight drafts and true rebuilding process can begin. It makes the THJr bust and Noah bust more palatable. Boston or Philly can have a core of three proven great players that are young and we can have something to look forward to in 3 years. In 3 years both THJr and Noah's contract will be off the books and we can add veterans that will better fit with the young core.

I would have him on the market right now and take the best offer we get. I just posted about this in another thread that i'm as big a KP fan as there is but i don't think he's the #1 piece on a championship team or the guy that could take us there. I think we can build a better young team without KP and with what we can get for him. We could build around Frank, Willy, Dotson and even THJ. I would first try to trade THJ or even try to make the team that trades for KP to take him as well but if we can't trade THJ then i really don't have a problem keeping him cause if we trade KP then we will be in a true rebuild which would take as long as the 4 years that THJ is signed for.

I love you KP but the Knicks would be better off with our rebuild if they were doing it without you.

So then Ntilikina, Hernangomez, Dotson, Hardaway and/or the purely hypothetical return for KP is the number one piece on a championship team?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/26/2017  12:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

So then Ntilikina, Hernangomez, Dotson, Hardaway and/or the purely hypothetical return for KP is the number one piece on a championship team?

yea its lunacy. Trading KP. So silly. First of all its a collection of players, not one guy. Trading KP does nothing to move us closer to winning a title. Nothing. We need more like him, not less.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorker4ever

10/26/2017  12:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Well now that seems like a question that can't be answered until we would know what offers would be coming back for KP now would it?? First of all a return for KP would be multiple 1st round picks and or players. If we traded him to a bad team then we would be adding more high and most likely lottery picks to the high lottery picks of our own. Say we had two lottery picks in this next draft which we know ours will be high lottery and we came away with 2 really good players in Donicic or Porter along with M.Bridges or whichever 2 players then i think those 2 players would be a huge help wouldn't you? Then we would also have another future draft pick or two and whatever players we got from the team we trade him to. There's no way to say what we would replace KP with without knowing the return but it absolutely could be the kind of return that could be a huge help in rebuilding this team. You do understand that the return for KP with be a really good return right??

newyorker4ever

10/26/2017  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  12:51 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

yea its lunacy. Trading KP. So silly. First of all its a collection of players, not one guy. Trading KP does nothing to move us closer to winning a title. Nothing. We need more like him, not less.

How can you say that trading Kp moves us no closer to winning a title when you have zero way of knowing what we would turn that return into?? Please answer that question cause i would love to hear how you somehow know?? Are you saying two lottery picks in the next draft along with more future picks and players won't help this team?? Hmmmmmmmm

Knickoftime

10/26/2017  1:03 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Well now that seems like a question that can't be answered until we would know what offers would be coming back for KP now would it?? First of all a return for KP would be multiple 1st round picks and or players. If we traded him to a bad team then we would be adding more high and most likely lottery picks to the high lottery picks of our own. Say we had two lottery picks in this next draft which we know ours will be high lottery and we came away with 2 really good players in Donicic or Porter along with M.Bridges or whichever 2 players then i think those 2 players would be a huge help wouldn't you? Then we would also have another future draft pick or two and whatever players we got from the team we trade him to. There's no way to say what we would replace KP with without knowing the return but it absolutely could be the kind of return that could be a huge help in rebuilding this team. You do understand that the return for KP with be a really good return right??

I can't think of any reason why a lottery team would trade an immediate high-end lottery and multiple first round picks and/or good young players for a player they immediately have to offer a supermax extension to.

In this hypothetical we're talking about a team that won 15-25 games and is years away. Isn't the reasons not to do that all the same reasons you think the Knicks should?

Knickoftime

10/26/2017  1:04 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

How can you say that trading Kp moves us no closer to winning a title when you have zero way of knowing what we would turn that return into?? Please answer that question cause i would love to hear how you somehow know?? Are you saying two lottery picks in the next draft along with more future picks and players won't help this team?? Hmmmmmmmm

How can you say that trading Kp moves us closer to winning a title when you have zero way of knowing what we would turn that return into??

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
10/26/2017  1:06 PM
Just to stir the pot... would KP for 2 solid young players make sense? Instead of 1 unicorn we get 2 quality young players to add to our talentless pool? Not sure we should do it, but trying to make the point that everyone is available at a price. Should we put all our eggs in his basket or spread them out? The PHX one would make me strongly consider it...

KP for J.Jackson and M.Chriss?

KP for Zach LaVine and Lauri M and future pick?

KP and player for Harrison Barnes and Nerlens Noel?

Knickoftime

10/26/2017  1:10 PM
jskinny35 wrote:Just to stir the pot... would KP for 2 solid young players make sense? Instead of 1 unicorn we get 2 quality young players to add to our talentless pool? Not sure we should do it, but trying to make the point that everyone is available at a price. Should we put all our eggs in his basket or spread them out? The PHX one would make me strongly consider it...

To answer someone's previous question, the reason this is a topic today because he's coming off of a bad game. There's 79 games to play and 22-yo KP's third season. I think it's only logical to defer this entire topic until June.

newyorker4ever

10/26/2017  1:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

I can't think of any reason why a lottery team would trade an immediate high-end lottery and multiple first round picks and/or good young players for a player they immediately have to offer a supermax extension to.

In this hypothetical we're talking about a team that won 15-25 games and is years away. Isn't the reasons not to do that all the same reasons you think the Knicks should?

It doesn't have to be a lottery team, it could be the Cavs trading us that lottery pick they got from Boston and adding other pieces in the deal or Boston trading us young players and some of their picks they still have. It could be a 3 team trade that the high picks come from a bad team and they get players or whatever way but it doesn't have to be a 2 team trade.

newyorker4ever

10/26/2017  1:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jskinny35 wrote:Just to stir the pot... would KP for 2 solid young players make sense? Instead of 1 unicorn we get 2 quality young players to add to our talentless pool? Not sure we should do it, but trying to make the point that everyone is available at a price. Should we put all our eggs in his basket or spread them out? The PHX one would make me strongly consider it...

To answer someone's previous question, the reason this is a topic today because he's coming off of a bad game. There's 79 games to play and 22-yo KP's third season. I think it's only logical to defer this entire topic until June.

Or the rest of us can have fun talking about it and you can just include yourself in June?? As i said, i love KP and am his biggest fan and have been since we drafted him but the Knicks as a franchise comes first for me and i think with the right return for KP we could put together a better young team but it has to be the right return or i obviously wouldn't make the trade. I have no problem keeping KP and re-signing him but KP does come with some negatives about him and his game and i'm not sure he's the #1 piece on a championship team. He's easily a #2 piece just not a #1 piece IMO. The injury concerns are there for a kid as tall and lanky as he is, i don't see much of an inside game from him because he's still not strong enough to go up against these bigger guys, he's too slow top guard most PF's and too weak to guard the centers. There's no way that these things can't be concerns for any of you guys cause they're all realistic concerns.

Knickoftime

10/26/2017  1:56 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Or the rest of us can have fun talking about it and you can just include yourself in June?? As i said, i love KP and am his biggest fan and have been since we drafted him but the Knicks as a franchise comes first for me and i think with the right return for KP we could put together a better young team but it has to be the right return or i obviously wouldn't make the trade. I have no problem keeping KP and re-signing him but KP does come with some negatives about him and his game and i'm not sure he's the #1 piece on a championship team. He's easily a #2 piece just not a #1 piece IMO. The injury concerns are there for a kid as tall and lanky as he is, i don't see much of an inside game from him because he's still not strong enough to go up against these bigger guys, he's too slow top guard most PF's and too weak to guard the centers. There's no way that these things can't be concerns for any of you guys cause they're all realistic concerns.

If the question is, should the next trade KP if they're guaranteed to get a better return, the answer is of course yes. There really is a much a of discussion to be had about that, is there?

What the return might be and IF it will be better than KP seems to be the subject ripe for discussion.

And on that note, you just punched a LOT of holes in KP's game. So the better question is why are you expecting this huge return despite all the red flags you think are realistic concerns.

This reads to me like a classic message board argument that we all know his flaws, other teams don't, so we'll get a king's ransom and laugh all the way to the bank while KP never becomes that superstar the other team expects him to be.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/26/2017  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2017  2:09 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

This makes absolutely no sense. Trade him because he's not a #1 option on a championship team? Why not keep him and make him the #2 then? Build around Frank, Willy, and Dotson? Come on man. They aren't the answer either. They are just pieces that need to be around a star player, which we have in KP. The reason we rebuild is to land more players like KP, not trade them when we have them. Teams don't trade players like KP, plain and simple. It's just stupid.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2017  2:17 PM
To rebuild you need to put a stake in the ground. You can't keep moving the starting line. KP, Frank, Willy and Dotson is the core. You work from there. If it fails in 3-4 years then reset again but if you keep resetting after a few games then what do you have?
Our true rebuilding will start...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy