[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Firefox denies this website
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2017  12:50 PM
I recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 and Firefox is default browser. I'm also taking night school classes for cyber security, so I am also trying to harden the system to the best of my ability. Anyway, the browser really didn't like the way your username / password is set up. After a few posts, the browser said that this website is misconfigured and would not load it...
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2017  1:45 PM
whoa, thanks. Any other hints? Can't tell exactly what would be wrong on the above. Thanks.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  3:20 PM
martin wrote:whoa, thanks. Any other hints? Can't tell exactly what would be wrong on the above. Thanks.

I will provide more info tonight. That happened maybe 5 minutes before I went to bed last night. I am beginning the process of learning all this stuff so sorry if the details are a bit lacking...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2017  3:29 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:whoa, thanks. Any other hints? Can't tell exactly what would be wrong on the above. Thanks.

I will provide more info tonight. That happened maybe 5 minutes before I went to bed last night. I am beginning the process of learning all this stuff so sorry if the details are a bit lacking...

sure you weren't just having too much of that scotch?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  3:33 PM
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  3:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  3:39 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

truthfully I think it has to do with how authorization / authentication. I know that this doesn't really need to be super secure, considering the nature of the site. That said, my browser doesn't know that and it probably a safeguard put into place for banking sites etc

that is a guess on my part now though - clearly I am not having any issues on my work computer. I also typically use Chrome so I need to see if maybe Firefox on MY END is misconfigured. Either way I thought you should know

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  6:58 PM
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/insecure-password-warning-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

so the password error has to do with the page http as opposed to https

I got the second message from posting a few times... will see if I can get that error. Will screengrab if that happens again

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  7:10 PM
I emailed you a screen grab of browser error message. I should note that I am running a dual boot and there are no problems with OS X/Safari
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/5/2018  8:44 AM
I find the site a bit clunky on my dual floppy IBM when running Netscape Navigator.

Could you please look into this martin? I'll send you some faxes.

Firefox denies this website

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy