[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's JUST a matter of time before JH is fired
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/25/2017  11:59 AM
0-9 including preseason, 7 of the losses were straight blowouts, the offense looks retarded.

Last year when we were 14-10 Kp stated, we have no direction on offense and we're just winning on talent, Rose agreed. Two weeks later phils comments about melo came out, 3 wks later phil declared it will be strictly triangle because the offense looked horrible.

When MDA coached the rebuilding knicks, he had a below avg pg (duhons) #s on steroids playing well above his head (still holds the knicks assist record 22) and any other half ass pg we could find (except for tony douglas who should never be mistaken for a pg)

Despite the crack head roster, he still had the team top 10 in offense.

THe way JH he wants to play, he doesn't have anything close to the guards he needs to run his speed attack, and scrappy defense that he displayed in his 1 successful season with the suns. He doesn't have the experience, the staff or the creativity to adjust to the roster.

Not one single player has gotten better under the coaching staff, and our record is all the proof you need

ES
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

10/25/2017  12:09 PM
knicks1248 wrote:0-9 including preseason, 7 of the losses were straight blowouts, the offense looks retarded.

Last year when we were 14-10 Kp stated, we have no direction on offense and we're just winning on talent, Rose agreed. Two weeks later phils comments about melo came out, 3 wks later phil declared it will be strictly triangle because the offense looked horrible.

When MDA coached the rebuilding knicks, he had a below avg pg (duhons) #s on steroids playing well above his head (still holds the knicks assist record 22) and any other half ass pg we could find (except for tony douglas who should never be mistaken for a pg)

THe way JH he wants to play, he doesn't have anything close to the guards he needs to run his speed attack, and scrappy defense that he displayed in his 1 successful season with the suns. He doesn't have the experience, the staff or the creativity to adjust to the roster.

Not one single player has gotten better under the coaching staff, and our record is all the proof you need

Let me shorten those six paragraphs for you.

The Knicks aren't good.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2017  12:11 PM
Rebuilding = Tank Trust.... the ... process...

So... we have a disgruntled unicorn who's doing an awful lot of what looks like isoball on offense.

A grossly overpaid SG who's returned to the mecca and is playing like a grossly overpaid SG.

A (-31 as a starter last season) friend of said unicorn who's doing great things during garbage time. And apparently doesn't do anything in practice to get Horny to give him playing time over the trade bait exposure shows of Kant Kant and KOQ.

And one of the few holdovers from last year fighting with the grossly overpaid SG on the court, while telling tales to the press of how no one understands when or where to pass and when or where to be.

All in all, I guess this is still better than the Derek Fisher experiment, right?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2017  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  12:12 PM
I don't see him getting fired during the season. He would get fired in the offseason if the team doesn't show progress throughout.

At the same time this roster is only put together through transition. And not through his identity. He will be a sacrificial lamb for this tough rebuilding season. Then a new coach will come in (Blatt?) as they balance the roster.

But I don't see them making changes during the season unless they can secure the guy they want. Even then they probably don't bring him in during this transition.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2017  12:17 PM
jrodmc wrote:Rebuilding = Tank Trust.... the ... process...

So... we have a disgruntled unicorn who's doing an awful lot of what looks like isoball on offense.

A grossly overpaid SG who's returned to the mecca and is playing like a grossly overpaid SG.

A (-31 as a starter last season) friend of said unicorn who's doing great things during garbage time. And apparently doesn't do anything in practice to get Horny to give him playing time over the trade bait exposure shows of Kant Kant and KOQ.

And one of the few holdovers from last year fighting with the grossly overpaid SG on the court, while telling tales to the press of how no one understands when or where to pass and when or where to be.

All in all, I guess this is still better than the Derek Fisher experiment, right?

an advanced peek of Steve Mills and James Dolan's next MSG special:

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/25/2017  12:21 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I don't see him getting fired during the season. He would get fired in the offseason if the team doesn't show progress throughout.

At the same time this roster is only put together through transition. And not through his identity. He will be a sacrificial lamb for this tough rebuilding season. Then a new coach will come in (Blatt?) as they balance the roster.

But I don't see them making changes during the season unless they can secure the guy they want. Even then they probably don't bring him in during this transition.

I can see him getting fired, but not after 3 games.

Maybe when we are 1 & 19?

And then, get me Herb Williams!

knicks1248
10/25/2017  12:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:0-9 including preseason, 7 of the losses were straight blowouts, the offense looks retarded.

The Knicks aren't good.

this is from THJ regarding last nights game

“Everything (went wrong),” Tim Hardaway Jr. said. “We couldn’t get anything offensively. We’re all out there just running like we don’t know what’s going on. It can’t happen

kp last season

“I think it was pretty easy to tell from the inside that we’re not that good of a team,’’ Porzingis said at the team hotel. “We can win games based on our talent but it’s not going to last long. [We needed] more work, attention to details, to keep growing as a team. A good team needs time to play together.

so you don't think it has anything to do with the coaching?

because even when we had decent talent, we still sucked bad.

How can we develop players with a coach the reminds me of a substitute teacher. I like JH, as part of a coaching staff, but he's not a head coach by any stretch of the imagination.

ES
Knickoftime

10/25/2017  12:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Knicks aren't good.

“Everything (went wrong),” Tim Hardaway Jr. said. “We couldn’t get anything offensively. We’re all out there just running like we don’t know what’s going on. It can’t happen

kp last season

“I think it was pretty easy to tell from the inside that we’re not that good of a team,’’ Porzingis said at the team hotel. “We can win games based on our talent but it’s not going to last long. [We needed] more work, attention to details, to keep growing as a team. A good team needs time to play together.

How can we develop players with a coach the reminds me of a substitute teacher. I like JH, as part of a coaching staff, but he's not a head coach by any stretch of the imagination.

Who said I'm advocating for Hornchek?

You're the one who's been consistently arguing losing is going to lead to staff turnover. If you don't believe in Hornchek, isn't that a good thing?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2017  12:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Not even close. No way do I see Hornacek's tenure culminating in anything like this. Derek is a gift that keeps giving.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
10/25/2017  12:47 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Knicks aren't good.

kp last season

You're the one who's been consistently arguing losing is going to lead to staff turnover. If you don't believe in Hornchek, isn't that a good thing?

I'm not saying your advocating, but let me just straight up ask you

Do you think he's a the right coach for the job at hand? If yes, then why, if no, then no explanation needed.

ES
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/25/2017  12:52 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
an advanced peek of Steve Mills and James Dolan's next MSG special:

Knickoftime

10/25/2017  12:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

The Knicks aren't good.

kp last season

I'm not saying your advocating, but let me just straight up ask you

Do you think he's a the right coach for the job at hand? If yes, then why, if no, then no explanation needed.

I think the Knick's head coaching job right now is to endure losses first, and run a program conducive to teaching young players second. I think he's perfectly suited for the first job, I'm not sure he's suited for the second. I'd have no issue if he was replaced.

The Knicks aren't going to be good this year. But not every loss is going to be like last night. KP is probably going to look very good more than not.

At the end of the year, they're going to qualify for better draft pick than they otherwise would have fighting for (and maybe not getting) the eighth seed. By the start of 2018-19 they'll probably have a new coaching staff.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2017  1:01 PM
Question is who do we being in?.... Hornys days are numbered
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/25/2017  1:19 PM
Please don't fire him. He was very good, like he was too good to learn from one of the greatest coach. Remember we fought for him last season? He was being forced to use one of most successful system in NBA history. He was a poor guy! We helped him! Now he is a free man! Unless Mills forces him to use something, right? Why we change now? I means he still has a lot of potentials!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/25/2017  1:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  2:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:Question is who do we being in?.... Hornys days are numbered

You know who our interim would probably be?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2017  1:43 PM
If Hornacek is fired during the season, who you going to make head coach, Rambis? Because coaches don't usually agree (like never) to step in from outside the organization and take another head coach's job during the season.

Like I said in another thread, this is a PG driven problem that one of Hornacek's assistants would also have to deal with.

Face it, unless Frank turns on the jets and blows everyone away with his progress, the offense is going to need a lot of work.

I have no problem with the Knicks swapping out one or more of our PGs (not Frank) for another stop gap PG, just not someone with Bledsoe's medical history. And not someone wont drive or share the rock.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2017  1:50 PM
GustavBahler wrote:If Hornacek is fired during the season, who you going to make head coach, Rambis? Because coaches don't usually agree (like never) to step in from outside the organization and take another head coach's job during the season.

Like I said in another thread, this is a PG driven problem that one of Hornacek's assistants would also have to deal with.

Face it, unless Frank turns on the jets and blows everyone away with his progress, the offense is going to need a lot of work.

I have no problem with the Knicks swapping out one or more of our PGs (not Frank) for another stop gap PG, just not someone with Bledsoe's medical history. And not someone wont drive or share the rock.

logic... does it have any place here?!?!?!

Agree except on Bledsoe. He really moves the needle. If he doesnt its next year and he's out. He would be a nice stop gap at worse, and we have all our picks. I wouldnt give up young drafted guys but I would swap Kanter and give them the Bull's pick.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knicks1248
10/25/2017  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  1:54 PM
There has to be at least one person on that coaching staff that has a better idea on what system to run with this current roster. Look I never heard of JVG before he took over, and woods took MDAs roster and had twice the success.
ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2017  1:57 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If Hornacek is fired during the season, who you going to make head coach, Rambis? Because coaches don't usually agree (like never) to step in from outside the organization and take another head coach's job during the season.

logic... does it have any place here?!?!?!

Agree except on Bledsoe. He really moves the needle. If he doesnt its next year and he's out. He would be a nice stop gap at worse, and we have all our picks. I wouldnt give up young drafted guys but I would swap Kanter and give them the Bull's pick.

Bledsoe moving the needle is what Im concerned about. Moving it enough to get a cap killing, long term deal. That never works out well for us. Dont want Perry and Mills to even be tempted to throw big money at Bledsoe. Much too risky.

Knickoftime

10/25/2017  1:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:There has to be at least one person on that coaching staff that has a better idea on what system to run with this current roster. Look I never heard of JVG before he took over, and woods took MDAs roster and had twice the success.

Maybe they just aren't that talented?

It's JUST a matter of time before JH is fired

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy