[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How to survive this season......Part 1
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2017  11:50 AM

Its not quite even February and an 0-3 Start has us feeling down!
Perhaps we can share some tips from time to time. Maybe make a "Survival guide" and a sticky for it.

I'll start:

1. Come up with alternative conspiracy themes. We know Perry kind of let us know we tanking a few weeks ago. Said fans are smart and as long as the team is trying we should support them. I'll suggest that KP was given the keys to the franchise and will be given every opportunity to be the star he craves. That's pretty good gig actually. You won't hear him say this, cuz we'll fry him if he don't talk about winning. He will be given the ball and a chance to be a top scorer on the team and develop his craft, and his brand. We'll vote him to the allstar game. The league already promotes his face on various graphics. HE will say things like "we'll see about extending and all that stuff to keep us tuned in. Its ok. Maybe he means it, but in the mean time by adopting this strategy we don't rage 60 some odd games thru the season when shyt don't go our way.

2. Sessions and Jack are not here by ineptitude. They are hear because they are cheap and expendible. Frank will be given time and space to succeed. We'll have a safety net here of blame: "It was a triangle PHil pick"! Or "If Gaines is good with it, its good enough for me!" Either works.

3. We tanking adoption. Riley tanked before for either pick or to clear cap space. It sucked. Phil Tanked to get KP. Unlucky we fell to 4th, but better that than mistake of Ok4 (Duke was champ his year)or Russell. I'll take KP and the upside intrigue.

4. Root for Noah. Sure you all were "Right" about his contract. Being "right" don't do a thing. Send him love and maybe on the wings of that he will rise and be traded!

5. Melo would help us this season. But hurt the tank. Hypocrisy about his defense vs. others is not tangable.

6. Accept Baker is making 4mil a year and no difference maker is he preventing. He has good hair and is white. Get over it.

AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2017  11:56 AM
To those looking to survive, I recommend Balvenie. The 12 year is fantastic and moderately priced. If you have a good budget, then go for the 15. Subtle, single barrel, single malt, and utterly fantastic
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/25/2017  12:17 PM
The only guys having trouble are the ones that blame one player, coach, GM, Prez for the status of the franchise. This has been a **** show for decades. And it takes a lot of things to make it such. In contrast, it takes many more things going right at the same time to create a winner. We are far from that.

We are just very average. We have a young star with lots of potential that will learn how tough it is to be consistent nigh in and night out star.

We have a lot of guys that seem good on paper and have been in the league but have been esily let go by other teams and need to prove they can be more than just potential.

We have young guys that everyone hopes turn into starts. They are just all pipe dreams that still need to prove themselves.

Best thing to do is treat this team as it is a bunch of guys trying out to be a part of the future. Cant be over critical. Have to give them a chance. Cant hype guys without proof. Have to be honest with their ability. Cant expect ANYTHING!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2017  12:20 PM
Please God, don't let there be a Part 2...

Hypocrisy is not tangible. Got it.
Posts aren't really tangible.

Going to be a looooooooooong season. And the new play by play guy on 98.7FM suhucks donkey kong. Fittingly enough.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/25/2017  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  12:34 PM
where's walt frazier, was he re assigned, I think I heard him do 1 preseason game on the season
ES
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
10/25/2017  12:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:where's walt frazier, was he re assigned, I think I heard him do 1 preseason game on the season

Dealing with the cleanup of his house from the hurricane, I heard

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2017  12:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:To those looking to survive, I recommend Balvenie. The 12 year is fantastic and moderately priced. If you have a good budget, then go for the 15. Subtle, single barrel, single malt, and utterly fantastic

I will try this...

I'm still a Jack Daniels kinda guy... but I love to try new whiskey

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/25/2017  1:03 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:where's walt frazier, was he re assigned, I think I heard him do 1 preseason game on the season

that's funny because the one preseason game he did, he told breen his part of town didn't get hit that hard..

That's like calling out sick and your not really sick..

he probably can't stomach this non sense and made some sht up to miss work...lol..just kidding

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2017  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

that's funny because the one preseason game he did, he told breen his part of town didn't get hit that hard..

he probably can't stomach this non sense and made some sht up to miss work...lol..just kidding

Wouldnt be surprised if he is doing a ton of community service for people who did get hit pretty hard around his way.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2017  1:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

Wouldnt be surprised if he is doing a ton of community service for people who did get hit pretty hard around his way.

Frazier is old as ****. I just hope is healthy

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
How to survive this season......Part 1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy