[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's just hard to believe our pg situation
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/24/2017  7:54 PM
Russell Westbrook was Thursday. Kyrie Irving on Tuesday. James Harden on deck for next week. Then, eventually, it's John Wall, Steph Curry, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Dame Lillard, Kemba Walker, etc., etc

It's unquestionably a point guard's league these days, and the Knicks are trotting out a combo of Ramon Sessions and Ron Baker. And, frankly, being overmatched at the position is nothing new for the Knicks. You have to go all the way back to Mark Jackson in 1989 to find their last All-Star point guard.

The drought is remarkable.

How did we not make this a major priority this off season is beyond stupidity, especially knowing frank is about 4 yrs away from being relevant..

nobody to set up our shooters, and nobody to set up the bigs

ES
AUTOADVERT
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
10/24/2017  8:03 PM
One word: Doncic
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/24/2017  8:20 PM
This is way way worse than just a pg. I just want to reiterate-- the guy making the decisions for the Knicks Steve Mills was associated with how many 20 win seasons? And how much did he spend on thj Lee Noah? There is no system and there will be no development as a team-- there is one thing-- a top 4 pick-- that's it. Nothing else-- and who here has any confidence in the idiots from owner on down who run our team? Dolan please spend the cash on proven decision makers or atleast offsets from the spurs
RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2017  8:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:This is way way worse than just a pg. I just want to reiterate-- the guy making the decisions for the Knicks Steve Mills was associated with how many 20 win seasons? And how much did he spend on thj Lee Noah? There is no system and there will be no development as a team-- there is one thing-- a top 4 pick-- that's it. Nothing else-- and who here has any confidence in the idiots from owner on down who run our team? Dolan please spend the cash on proven decision makers or atleast offsets from the spurs

I hope we start losing by 40, so they all could be fired

ES
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/24/2017  9:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  9:25 PM
KP4Life wrote:One word: Doncic

Exactly - the Knicks can't tell the season ticket holders they are flat out tanking... So just pretend like it's legit and let the results be what they are

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/24/2017  9:39 PM
Well, maybe Phil Jackson was not the biggest disaster. The biggest disaster is comming!

BRIGGS wrote:This is way way worse than just a pg. I just want to reiterate-- the guy making the decisions for the Knicks Steve Mills was associated with how many 20 win seasons? And how much did he spend on thj Lee Noah? There is no system and there will be no development as a team-- there is one thing-- a top 4 pick-- that's it. Nothing else-- and who here has any confidence in the idiots from owner on down who run our team? Dolan please spend the cash on proven decision makers or atleast offsets from the spurs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/24/2017  9:49 PM
If people are so hellbent for PG help, just trade for Bledsoe. We know we can get him for a couple young guys. That's the quick fix for the impatient Knicks fans.
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  9:57 PM
Knixkik wrote:If people are so hellbent for PG help, just trade for Bledsoe. We know we can get him for a couple young guys. That's the quick fix for the impatient Knicks fans.

No. It's simple -- we need a top 3 pick and let's see who can play. The bad part is knowing the people who made decisions to spend 50 mm on backups are mostly still here

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/24/2017  9:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

Exactly - the Knicks can't tell the season ticket holders they are flat out tanking... So just pretend like it's legit and let the results be what they are

No pretending needed!

RIP Crushalot😞
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  10:23 PM

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/24/2017  10:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

I just googled this dude....really people? Why is this site so in love with European players that they have never seen play outside of YouTube highlight videos??

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/24/2017  10:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Russell Westbrook was Thursday. Kyrie Irving on Tuesday. James Harden on deck for next week. Then, eventually, it's John Wall, Steph Curry, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry, Dame Lillard, Kemba Walker, etc., etc

It's unquestionably a point guard's league these days, and the Knicks are trotting out a combo of Ramon Sessions and Ron Baker. And, frankly, being overmatched at the position is nothing new for the Knicks. You have to go all the way back to Mark Jackson in 1989 to find their last All-Star point guard.

How did we not make this a major priority this off season is beyond stupidity, especially knowing frank is about 4 yrs away from being relevant..

Lets blame Phil for passing on the Rubio for Rose trade!

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/24/2017  10:27 PM

Nah...we need guys that can play both sides of the ball...We need this guy...

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/24/2017  10:29 PM
I am waiting on. Frank to get some burn before I declare it a bad situation.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/24/2017  10:41 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I am waiting on. Frank to get some burn before I declare it a bad situation.

Gotta wait to see how he plays. Not just a couple of games either. Knicks fans are impatient and want instant success but they gotta let this play out naturally.

The same goes for the whole team tho. 3 games isn’t a season. No matter how bad it looks so far. I suspect Perry is working the phones looking for trades to clean out the glut and get better.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/24/2017  10:46 PM
This is no surprise. the team put zero effort into the most important position on the floor. Mills gave out an abysmal contract to hardaway, and Perry didn't even try to secure suitable pg. They only called the Suns so gullible fans will think they're trying to improve by blowing smoke up their ass. "Hey, we tried to get Bledsoe, but Phx wants all our youngins".
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/24/2017  11:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  11:18 PM
Team is in transition. Made a last second deal to move Melo picking up 2 players that weren't needed. We are probably going to suffer through an ugly season. And look to slowly balance out the roster throughout the season and during the off season. Frank will eventually play. We will see if he is yrs away or if he is someone we could count on going into next season.

Then we add in another high end lotto pick. KOQ, Dougy, Kuz, Beas, possibly Kanter, Come off dumping 2 centers and 3 SFs. If Kanter and KOQ opt out then we would free up about 25mil I am estimating. But more importantly we can fill with better balance.

But the target needs to be high end lotto pick this yr and to clean the cap up to add proven talent on top of that in the off season. See what Lee and a future pick can net at the draft. Maybe 2 if the player is worthy.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/24/2017  11:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  11:46 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I just googled this dude....really people? Why is this site so in love with European players that they have never seen play outside of YouTube highlight videos??

really? that's what you came up with during your extensive research? thank God you're not GM

KP thinks he should be #1

“What he’s doing at 18, I’ve never seen a player in Europe do that,” Porzingis told Peter Walsh of SLAM Magazine. “He’s one of the leaders for Real Madrid and he’s being very consistent — he’s not playing one game great and then playing the next poorly as most young guys do, as I did myself.”

“He’s being very consistent and that has surprised me the most. What he’s doing at the top level of Europe, I believe that he should be the No. 1 pick.”

Pau Gasol raved about him. So did Dragic.

You do realize he is the rare international prospect that came with pre-season buzz? Usually that only happens when a guy owns a chair. If you can't see the talent you should really just stay out of prospect discussion period

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/24/2017  11:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2017  11:47 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Played in the Euros this past summer. Saw him play and dominate. Same tournament that Will, KP and and number of other NBAers, past and present, played in.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

10/25/2017  1:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

You've brought this point up several times. And several times people have asked you, what specifically do you think the Knicks should do. You've said nothing most times, the Rondo once or twice.

I'd really like you to go into some actual depth into who specifically you think the Knicks should have gone after, would have actually come here, and how they would actually help this team short term and long term.

A lot of players you think the Knicks should sign would likely have never come here anyway. If they did, it would be a gross overpay in years and AAV.

It's just hard to believe our pg situation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy