[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

if we end up not trading for Bledsoe it's proof FO has changed
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
10/24/2017  1:43 PM
our old FO would have traded for him already and given willy and Frank. No doubt in my mind about it. Perry and Mills are showing good signs so far,

And for the idiots who think Frank is a bust, you are what's wrong with this team. Nobody has patience in ny.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2017  1:49 PM
what if they trade Kantor and the Bulls pick for Bledsoe. What then?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2017  1:51 PM
fishmike wrote:what if they trade Kantor and the Bulls pick for Bledsoe. What then?

Melo for Bledsoe and McDermott a bad deal?

KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
10/24/2017  1:57 PM
fishmike wrote:what if they trade Kantor and the Bulls pick for Bledsoe. What then?

well then that wouldn't be bad we'd still be keeping our young core. It might harm the tank a tad though.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/24/2017  2:00 PM

That would be a deal i would be interested in for sure. Good risk at that point.

Knixkik
USA
10/24/2017  2:02 PM
KP4Life wrote:

well then that wouldn't be bad we'd still be keeping our young core. It might harm the tank a tad though.

We don't need to tank. Winning is never a bad thing, unless we are talking the final games of the year. The more we win, it means the youth group is developing faster than expected.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2017  4:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:

That would be a deal i would be interested in for sure. Good risk at that point.

exactly... I mean like us and the Melo trade it might be their best value. Knicks dont have a tank worthy roster. Lee, KOQ, Kanter, KP, THjr.. I mean some of these guys can play. The Detroit game was both a wake up call and step forward. Bottom line is this isnt a 20 win team. More like mid 30s. A guy like Bledsoe prob gets us to the playoffs and there are a lot of reasons why that is good.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/24/2017  8:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

exactly... I mean like us and the Melo trade it might be their best value. Knicks dont have a tank worthy roster. Lee, KOQ, Kanter, KP, THjr.. I mean some of these guys can play. The Detroit game was both a wake up call and step forward. Bottom line is this isnt a 20 win team. More like mid 30s. A guy like Bledsoe prob gets us to the playoffs and there are a lot of reasons why that is good.

mid-30s? please. this team is trash. THjr sucks. period. he is being outplayed by celtics rookies.

Kanter plays on one side of the ball. KOQ is a 12 minute per game back up anywhere. No offensive game and limited defense.

Lee is solid role player, playing out of position.

KP is the true stud but is on an island and is a third year player

magicTs
Member: #5564

10/25/2017  12:00 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Lmao off at this team winning over 30 games!!!!

mlby1215
Member: #6486

10/25/2017  6:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  8:53 AM
Phil Jackson sure would not do such kind of trade. It would be pre-phil era.

And I am quite confident Mills will do a trade very soon.

Maybe not Bledsoe, but someone else. Mills will not admit his failure like Phil would at 14-15. He signed THjr. It means he wanted to win. So why stop now? he will try to "fix" his mistake.

Willy or/and Nitti probably will be gone. It is my feeling.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2017  7:31 AM
We are rebuilding so a Bledsoe trade makes little sense unless we aren't given up our young pieces/first round picks. Its the type of move we did from 2000-2014 and we know how those moves worked out. If we are gonna be bad then this is the best year to do it before e draft rules change. We need to start playing our young guys like willy dotson and frank(when he is hopefully healthy) and we also need to see if we can get good value for KOQ,LEE,and even kanter. I know and understand that some despise rebuilding but that's just the reality of our team right now. Making a panic move and trading a lot of assets for a talented but injury prone player doesnt make sense
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/25/2017  8:34 AM

That would be fantastic. But I also agree that we're not giving up our #1 this year + WHG. That would be stupid. You don't add elite talent when you're not remotely in contention.

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/25/2017  8:48 AM
Moonangie wrote:

That would be fantastic. But I also agree that we're not giving up our #1 this year + WHG. That would be stupid. You don't add elite talent when you're not remotely in contention.

I’m still wondering where the elite talent is. Bledsoe is not elite he is a Rose type player that shoots the three better but he has the same tunnel vision qualities that Rose has. This would be another bone headed move by management so I would avoid Bledsoe matter of fact I would kill the deal right away.

What really needs to happen is Jeff has to get his head out of his ass get more passers into the game. That mean infusion of WH into the lineup and bringing Kanter for spot duty. If THJ continues his horrific side of basketball and doesn’t correct it ASAP he needs to be benched for Dotson. The whole idea of Phil teaching him the triangle was to make him a better coach but reverting his old playbook and not acknowledging what was taught isn’t gonna fly. Passing and movement is the keys to victory in to today’s NBA. Willie stimulates both aspects. Kind of like Draymond Green.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2017  8:50 AM
Vmart wrote:
Moonangie wrote:

I’m still wondering where the elite talent is. Bledsoe is not elite he is a Rose type player that shoots the three better but he has the same tunnel vision qualities that Rose has. This would be another bone headed move by management so I would avoid Bledsoe matter of fact I would kill the deal right away.

What really needs to happen is Jeff has to get his head out of his ass get more passers into the game. That mean infusion of WH into the lineup and bringing Kanter for spot duty. If THJ continues his horrific side of basketball and doesn’t correct it ASAP he needs to be benched for Dotson. The whole idea of Phil teaching him the triangle was to make him a better coach but reverting his old playbook and not acknowledging what was taught isn’t gonna fly. Passing and movement is the keys to victory in to today’s NBA. Willie stimulates both aspects. Kind of like Draymond Green.

Yeah I agree. Bledsoe obviously has talent but I wouldn't call him elite. We've been down that road many times with players like that after trading away a kings ransom.
Knixkik
USA
10/25/2017  10:16 AM
The situation here is very simple. If you can get him for some combination of veterans and our 2018 2nd round pick and/or other minor assets, you do it. If it takes one of our core young players, you pass.
if we end up not trading for Bledsoe it's proof FO has changed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy